Jump to content

Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
whatisacup

Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

SevenEleven

LIST STATUS UPDATE: 9/08/2019

This list HAS been established as of 2/14/2018.

PAY: $22.14 to start, raises to $31.63

TRAINING: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

HIGHEST LIST # CALLED: For initial P/E: (1800s); For Medical: (Last Known - 1300s)

CLASSES SCHEDULED FOR --

Message added by SevenEleven

Recommended Posts

Tomorrow I am reporting to 180 for 6:30AM for final processing with all the paperwork they emailed and will most likely find out if I am going in September class. I will try and see if i can get information on another class after. 
 

Hopefully tomorrow I will get a start date and start my career. I am looking forward to meeting you guys if we cross paths either in training or on the road. Im excited about this and the weeks and months ahead! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sfredo said:

I do have a question tho about tmw, do we take an ID picture too?

Yeah if you clear the medical then you'll be sent to get your ID photo taken and sworn in. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Yeah if you clear the medical then you'll be sent to get your ID photo taken and sworn in. 

Also, It says September 7 for class is it that or the 8th cause the 7th is labor day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll be going in on Wednesday morning at 630am. I expect we will start 9/7 since we will be working holidays as well. 
 

anyone know what’s acceptable blood pressure? And if anyone knows about the moving violations I asked about earlier? That’ll be great. Thanks 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EAS said:

I’ll be going in on Wednesday morning at 630am. I expect we will start 9/7 since we will be working holidays as well. 
 

anyone know what’s acceptable blood pressure? And if anyone knows about the moving violations I asked about earlier? That’ll be great. Thanks 

I would disclose everything and in comment section explain further by saying it was closed thats just me i would do that rather not leave out anything for them to question later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sfredo said:

Hey @Schecter, sorry one more question. Lol do we get the ID same day? 

Nah you get that on ur first day you report.  So September 7th or 8th whatever day they tell u. First day of orientation they take attendance and hand out ur transit ID/Metrocard.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sfredo said:

Hey @Schecter, sorry one more question. Lol do we get the ID same day? 

You will get it the first day you report. Also don't be sorry about asking questions, ask as many questions you want answered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sfredo said:

Tomorrow I am reporting to 180 for 6:30AM for final processing with all the paperwork they emailed and will most likely find out if I am going in September class. I will try and see if i can get information on another class after. 
 

Hopefully tomorrow I will get a start date and start my career. I am looking forward to meeting you guys if we cross paths either in training or on the road. Im excited about this and the weeks and months ahead! 

Hey man. Looking forward to hearing about the experience so I know what to expect tomorrow. Keep me posted on how it went and if there’s anything I should make sure I have together. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EAS said:

Hey man. Looking forward to hearing about the experience so I know what to expect tomorrow. Keep me posted on how it went and if there’s anything I should make sure I have together. Thanks. 

So today started with them keeping you outside until 630 then they call you by name one by one to go upstairs and sign in it was a fast process in the morning because it’s pretty much just the people that are there for the pre-employment. There was about a dozen for preemployment and that includes for conductor in a few bus operators.

The medical went pretty fast took hearing test I test EKG and they make you pee in a cup to test your sugar levels for diabetes and then you see a doctor at the end of all the tests that looks over the results and tells you there if you are qualified or on hold.

After that you are told to go see the human resources desk which is what I did after I qualified and then I was told that I was only there for medical and that I would have to come back in for fingerprints an ID picture which did not make much sense to me since I was already there and qualified with my medical in the email stated that I would be doing the fingerprints and everything not just the medical today.

I am a little annoyed that I have to go back for just those two things and spend another morning there at Livingston hopefully I get an email by today or tomorrow to report sometime this week before the weekend.

they made me leave all the paperwork that was emailed to me with human resources and it was put in my file.

 

***** make sure you bring your original high school diploma not a copy I brought my original and a copy but they only want to see the original****

Edited by Sfredo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Sfredo said:

So today started with them keeping you outside until 630 then they call you by name one by one to go upstairs and sign in it was a fast process in the morning because it’s pretty much just the people that are there for the pre-employment. There was about a dozen for preemployment and that includes for conductor in a few bus operators.

The medical went pretty fast took hearing test I test EKG and they make you pee in a cup to test your sugar levels for diabetes and then you see a doctor at the end of all the tests that looks over the results and tells you there if you are qualified or on hold.

After that you are told to go see the human resources desk which is what I did after I qualified and then I was told that I was only there for medical and that I would have to come back in for fingerprints an ID picture which did not make much sense to me since I was already there and qualified with my medical in the email stated that I would be doing the fingerprints and everything not just the medical today.

I am a little annoyed that I have to go back for just those two things and spend another morning there at Livingston hopefully I get an email by today or tomorrow to report sometime this week before the weekend.

they made me leave all the paperwork that was emailed to me with human resources and it was put in my file.

 

***** make sure you bring your original high school diploma not a copy I brought my original and a copy but they only want to see the original****

My brother. Thank you so much for this information. This is exactly what I needed to know. I'll be sure to have all my information together. The paperwork is a lot so I'll finish it today. I'm almost done. I'll be sure to bring my GED and one of my Bachelors degrees. All documents are always original just in case.

It may be annoying to have to keep going back but I don't mind as long as I get the job. Thankfully my current job is an office position that I am working from home so I have the flexibility to go back and forth as needed.

I'll catch up with you on Monday when we start!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE: 

so after I left Livingston today I followed up with the contact woman that sent over the paperwork the other day via email. I explained to her that even though the email told me that I was doing fingerprints as well today that after my medical was qualified and cleared that that they sent me home for now. I actually got a callback from her and she asked me again what happened and she called up 180 Livingston and called me back and said that possibly because there were other candidates with lower list number that were on a possible hold for medical and they cleared them today so it could be that the class as of right now is filled. She also told me keep an eye on my email as that may change because people like to decline last minute before the class so fingers crossed maybe we could get squeezed in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sfredo said:

UPDATE: 

so after I left Livingston today I followed up with the contact woman that sent over the paperwork the other day via email. I explained to her that even though the email told me that I was doing fingerprints as well today that after my medical was qualified and cleared that that they sent me home for now. I actually got a callback from her and she asked me again what happened and she called up 180 Livingston and called me back and said that possibly because there were other candidates with lower list number that were on a possible hold for medical and they cleared them today so it could be that the class as of right now is filled. She also told me keep an eye on my email as that may change because people like to decline last minute before the class so fingers crossed maybe we could get squeezed in.

Damn that just killed my vibe. hopefully we get in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EAS said:

Damn that just killed my vibe. hopefully we get in!

Same shit that happened to me except I was told not to come in for the train operator medical the day before. Shit killed my mood that whole day while as a conductor on the 7 train that day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Schecter said:

Same shit that happened to me except I was told not to come in for the train operator medical the day before. Shit killed my mood that whole day while as a conductor on the 7 train that day.

I can imagine, but you're still in at least. We're just tryna get in now. lol. But I do get it though. Hoping they give you that call soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EAS said:

I can imagine, but you're still in at least. We're just tryna get in now. lol. But I do get it though. Hoping they give you that call soon!

Hoping they call all of you guys and girls already time to meet my new co workers! Even though I wouldn't know who was in the forum lol don't feel scared to say hi!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, if that's your name, then I'm sure I'll recognize you when i see you. I'll be sure to introduce myself. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Sfredo said:

Checking in. How did today go? Anyone get finger printed and ID today and get start date?

I went this morning and some wait times seemed excessive. Qualified and everything. Needed some notarized documents tho. So I scrambled all day to get what I believe I need. I have an appt for 10am tomorrow to bring it all in. Hopefully all goes well and I’ll get sworn in. 

I saw a woman get sworn in today and her rule book and some other items. It felt good to see that. I said “yea, I’m next”. Lol. Hopefully tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, EAS said:

I went this morning and some wait times seemed excessive. Qualified and everything. Needed some notarized documents tho. So I scrambled all day to get what I believe I need. I have an appt for 10am tomorrow to bring it all in. Hopefully all goes well and I’ll get sworn in. 

I saw a woman get sworn in today and her rule book and some other items. It felt good to see that. I said “yea, I’m next”. Lol. Hopefully tomorrow. 

You're next you got this in the bag!! Let us know what happens tomorrow, ready to say congrats!!!!

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so...........I'm officially sworn in and start on Monday 9/7. Also, ran into @Sfredo and I'm pretty sure he got in too. A couple other cool ppl that haven't registered here but follow the threads.

I'm quite excited to start this next journey with the cool ppl I met so far.

Thanks to everyone that answered questions and posted info in general. You all really helped along the way. Salute to the growing family here. #WeAreNext

 

I just gotta make sure I can get in on Tier 4 where I was when I used to work for the city years ago. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, EAS said:

so...........I'm officially sworn in and start on Monday 9/7. Also, ran into @Sfredo and I'm pretty sure he got in too. A couple other cool ppl that haven't registered here but follow the threads.

I'm quite excited to start this next journey with the cool ppl I met so far.

Thanks to everyone that answered questions and posted info in general. You all really helped along the way. Salute to the growing family here. #WeAreNext

 

I just gotta make sure I can get in on Tier 4 where I was when I used to work for the city years ago. lol

Congrats!!!!! 🥳🥳🎊🎊🥳🥳🎉 if you have any questions in school car feel free to ask me anything, I'll be more than greatful to help!!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, EAS said:

so...........I'm officially sworn in and start on Monday 9/7. Also, ran into @Sfredo and I'm pretty sure he got in too. A couple other cool ppl that haven't registered here but follow the threads.

I'm quite excited to start this next journey with the cool ppl I met so far.

Thanks to everyone that answered questions and posted info in general. You all really helped along the way. Salute to the growing family here. #WeAreNext

 

I just gotta make sure I can get in on Tier 4 where I was when I used to work for the city years ago. lol

Yes! I got sworn in and start Monday as well! Super excited for this journey with you all and @EAS it was awesome to finally put the face to the name. Im anxious, nervous but so f**kin excited for monday!

 

i have a question, for the pants we have to wear for now until uniforms come, like dickie dark navy pants good? And what if there are like side pockets on them that okay? 
 

also, im gonna buy like 30$ boots for now until we get the ones we order it says 3/4 business days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.