Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's only natural to make careless mistakes on these exams! Anything over a 95 is a great score!

I'm just confused on how people knew when the protest session was??????

When you took the exam, the room monitor should have told you the date and time for your protest session. The protest session is held at 180 Livingston (at least, mine was).

Well i went to the protest session today and the 3 answers i got wrong, I infact did get wrong. Messed up on the train number on 1 question. i picked the answer that was worded correctly just had the train number different from what they gave. if you were goin to fast or didnt go over your answers correctly you will miss train #5565 and put #5655 and thats what happened to me on 1 question. The second question i missed one word out of the correct answer.  The third question i would of probably got wrong regardless cuz it was stupid. Nothing to protest here. Goodluck guys

what day and time did u take the exam and what questions did u get wrong

So what happens if our room monitor did not notify us of the protest session date? How do we find out? Was the protest date supposed to be written down on our candidate record of answers?

On the yellow sheet with your answers you wrote down, it should have the protest session date printed on it.

During the instructions portion before the exam the proctor said wheb the protest session was, for that particular exam date and time, and wrote it down on the board. The protest session dates and times were each exam takers responsibility to write down on their Candidate's Personal Record of Answers. The only date printed on that sheet was the date when the proposed answer sheets were to be released online and at 180 Livingston.

If I didn't know when the protest session for the date and time of the exam I took was then I'd try calling 347-643-7221 or going up to 180 Livingston and inquiring.

Protest for 5/22/16 a.m is on 7/14/16 1:30 - 3:30. The moderators told us to write it down. Hopefully I can make it. I wish they held these protests on the weekends. I also got three wrong. #6 My answer (D)  B was correct, #53 My answer (B)  C was correct, #74 My answer (A)  C was correct. I did notice that a few people who took the test on 5/22/16 a.m got #6 wrong.

i took the test on 5/22 PM and the protest day for that is july 14 1:30-3:30 PM..i got 3 wrong, I'm so pissed the ones i thought i got wrong i got right and vice versa...i doubt I'm going to get called...there goes that.

Edited by niku

i took the test on 5/22 PM and the protest day for that is july 14 1:30-3:30 PM..i got 3 wrong, I'm so pissed the ones i thought i got wrong i got right and vice versa...i doubt I'm going to get called...there goes that.

Just curious, how many people do you think got 100 on it? Seems like most people here think only the people who got 0 or 1 wrong will get called... Worries me a bit. 

Did Anybody go to the protest for 4/9 pm test? Did anybody get their answers changed? What answers did u get wrong?[/quote

It's weird I did my test the same day and it says I only got 24 right but for April 10 pm test I would of gotten only 5 wrong I'm so confused

At what time did you take it? You sure you didn't take it in the afternoon? I took the test for April 10 in the afternoon. 

Just curious, how many people do you think got 100 on it? Seems like most people here think only the people who got 0 or 1 wrong will get called... Worries me a bit. 

Look at the 8094 thread to get somewhat of an idea. I think about 14k people either took or passed that test.

How many questions did you get wrong on 6601?

Why do you think 3 wrong rules you out? There were people from 8094 who got twice that many wrong and were called.

Look at the 8094 thread to get somewhat of an idea. I think about 14k people either took or passed that test.

How many questions did you get wrong on 6601?

I got 2 questions wrong (so that's a 97.50). From reading this thread I have no hope of getting called.

Why do you think 3 wrong rules you out? There were people from 8094 who got twice that many wrong and were called.

I'm getting this vibe that if you get more than 1 wrong you're basically screwed, due to how many people took the exam and what not...i know i shouldn't worry because everyone is saying just wait till the list comes out then ill know where i stand, but idk maybe I'm just being a pessimist  

I'm getting this vibe that if you get more than 1 wrong you're basically screwed, due to how many people took the exam and what not...i know i shouldn't worry because everyone is saying just wait till the list comes out then ill know where i stand, but idk maybe I'm just being a pessimist  

When I protest my questions, I hope to get down to maybe three wrong. I wouldn't worry at all if I had your score. I thought I had all of them right. The discretionary questions are the ones to challenge. I may end up improving my score.

I got 2 questions wrong (so that's a 97.50). From reading this thread I have no hope of getting called.

There's people with two or three wrong that are in the top 2000 scorers on the last DSNY exam. There's people with 4 wrong that were in the top 2000 scorers on the last Conductor exam.

You're being overly pessimistic.

I took the 5/21 PM exam and plan to go to the protest session tomorrow morning in regards to question# 65. I put D and made a note to myself that it might be B also, which was ultimately the answer. It was one of those discretionary questions. Anybody else got this question wrong?   

Edited by Json

There's people with two or three wrong that are in the top 2000 scorers on the last DSNY exam. There's people with 4 wrong that were in the top 2000 scorers on the last Conductor exam.

You're being overly pessimistic.

I'm not. I'm referring to people who are saying people with 3 wrong have no hope.

Also, where can I see the list for both of those exams you are referring to?