Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After months of trying to get answers....I called the employment center phone 347-643-8217 and got an answer and was referred to Ms. Olga. Ms. Olga is very nice lady but very busy and may not put up on the first call. Ms. Olga direct phone number is 347-643-8217. So I was told that I missed the pre employment application due date to submit. Well the best part is I never got the email with the application and check my email daily and just in case my spam to make sure I receive all the important emails. So now they is no vacancies and I may not be on the list anymore due to they passed my list number 20xx. I hope this help others in the struggle! God bless and stay healthy

Hey guys so I just want to update the forum.

so this week we had our yard practical majority of us or I think all of us A&B division. Tomorrow we have fire school my class does at least, next week we will start posting in the A division we got our posting schedule today. But I wanted to update everyone with conversations that my class was having with the TSS of our group and from every other TSS and supervisor that I have spoke to has confirmed that there is an absolute hiring freeze as of right now. All the TSS said that they are all being pulled from school car after this conductor class and they just recently within the past two weeks Put in a train operator class a small one and after the train operator class they said for at least RTO there won’t be any hiring in the near future. 

this is not to discourage anyone and I have not seen anything on paper but this is what all the TSS and all other supervisors including a superintendent has said that will be going on. I just would like to keep the forum in the loop of what I hear just as other members have done for me in the past and I appreciate everyone with their input and any news that they here so I just returning the favor. Good luck to everyone and be patient it will come

Contacted Ms. Olha Nyahay about a week ago, and the list number they were up to according to her is 21**, which is better news than what i have been receiving, i am in the 2400s so hopefully this doesnt take that much longer, not assuming it will be next month of course.

On 10/9/2020 at 1:05 AM, Sfredo said:

Hey guys so I just want to update the forum.

so this week we had our yard practical majority of us or I think all of us A&B division. Tomorrow we have fire school my class does at least, next week we will start posting in the A division we got our posting schedule today. But I wanted to update everyone with conversations that my class was having with the TSS of our group and from every other TSS and supervisor that I have spoke to has confirmed that there is an absolute hiring freeze as of right now. All the TSS said that they are all being pulled from school car after this conductor class and they just recently within the past two weeks Put in a train operator class a small one and after the train operator class they said for at least RTO there won’t be any hiring in the near future. 

this is not to discourage anyone and I have not seen anything on paper but this is what all the TSS and all other supervisors including a superintendent has said that will be going on. I just would like to keep the forum in the loop of what I hear just as other members have done for me in the past and I appreciate everyone with their input and any news that they here so I just returning the favor. Good luck to everyone and be patient it will come

I know they are screaming hiring freeze: 

I'm going to say this as a C/R who was in the first class off of this list *2 years ago* and is now in the current T/O class as a promotional.

Before I got the T/O class, and I was C/R, I was doing RDOs almost every week and it was basically "You could go where ever you like." I was getting late clears close to home, getting full RDOs w/ penalty AND doing late clears for the full 16 hrs on top of that. Ya girl was making cheddar. OT slips on deck.

A and B division crew sheets are looking like ghost towns with all of the open jobs. There are more jobs than there are people to crew them.

We are having 14+ C/Rs and T/Os retiring a month. Seniority is jumping up. 

I am right now making significantly less in schoolcar as a T/O @ a higher rate of pay than I was as a C/R. That's how many people they needed.

If the trains don't run, the MTA doesn't make money. They need people. Hiring freeze means not enough people to crew the trains even on a cut schedule. I can say for a fact b/c I was working every day from March to September, and during the C line quarantine... There weren't enough people to crew the trains then. It was two local to Far Rockaway on the A, no lunch, that's you to go as soon as you get to the terminal, no late clears.

1 hour ago, kellgh said:

I know they are screaming hiring freeze: 

I'm going to say this as a C/R who was in the first class off of this list *2 years ago* and is now in the current T/O class as a promotional.

Before I got the T/O class, and I was C/R, I was doing RDOs almost every week and it was basically "You could go where ever you like." I was getting late clears close to home, getting full RDOs w/ penalty AND doing late clears for the full 16 hrs on top of that. Ya girl was making cheddar. OT slips on deck.

A and B division crew sheets are looking like ghost towns with all of the open jobs. There are more jobs than there are people to crew them.

We are having 14+ C/Rs and T/Os retiring a month. Seniority is jumping up. 

I am right now making significantly less in schoolcar as a T/O @ a higher rate of pay than I was as a C/R. That's how many people they needed.

If the trains don't run, the MTA doesn't make money. They need people. Hiring freeze means not enough people to crew the trains even on a cut schedule. I can say for a fact b/c I was working every day from March to September, and during the C line quarantine... There weren't enough people to crew the trains then. It was two local to Far Rockaway on the A, no lunch, that's you to go as soon as you get to the terminal, no late clears.

In other words  , there will be another class this year?

2 hours ago, mattfutureconductor5 said:

Will 6601 be extended or no?  Even with a hiring freeze, 

last one was extended 10 years-that was crazy.. 

wonder what happen with station agent when metrocard rip..

That would depend on DCAS.. Short answer would YES.  However, the ball is on the (MTA) court if they want to extend the list for 4 more years after 2022.

If I'm not mistaken right now pre-testing is heading into the 9000's and for processing is around 2100. If you call the DCAS hotline they have last person processed in the mid 2100's.

However, I'd call (MTA) human resources to see what's the actual list # processed and where they are with pre-testing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm glad by reading this some of you are working and seems having a good time at MTA. I'm still in the hotel and passed on the MTA conductor job, got the letter December 22nd last year to report the 24th or 23 rd. No time at all between report date and time I got the mail. 

However i think I still would've passed on it. I was out of work cause of this pandemic for 8 months. They paid us 1 month during that time. So 7 months on unemployment. 

I'm back at work thankfully. A lot of ppl in the hotel industry are losing their jobs and in the restaurants etc. So those of you who are working I'm sure are thankful. I just got my full rate today, $37.61 per hr. Put my four years in. I wish all of you well. Always curious how it would've went in the MTA. The road not taken. 

Happy holidays, all of you. 

Can anybody here provide guidance on restoring list number if I declined originally? I have sent an email to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov as well as mailed a letter to Department of Citywide Administrative Services Certification Unit 1 Centre Street 21st Floor, Room 2150 New York, NY 10007. However, I haven't received a response yet. Thanks in advance. 

56 minutes ago, jchen1652 said:

Can anybody here provide guidance on restoring list number if I declined originally? I have sent an email to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov as well as mailed a letter to Department of Citywide Administrative Services Certification Unit 1 Centre Street 21st Floor, Room 2150 New York, NY 10007. However, I haven't received a response yet. Thanks in advance. 

First of all, welcome to the Forums!

Second, to answer your question, based on the fact that the last certification from the Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS) for the titles of "Bus Operator," "Conductor" and "Track Worker" was this past summer, which can be verified by clicking here, I would reach out directly to NYC Transit in regards to restoring your name to the list. You can initially reach out to NYC Transit by dialing 347-643-8229/30/31/32. If this does not work and/or if they give you the "runaround," I would suggest you contact the following people:

-Ms. Patricia A. Lodge, the Vice President of Human Resources (her contact information is below)

-Ms. Emma Marie Rivera, the Manager of "Employment Operations" (click here for her information)

-The Office of the President, located out of 2 Broadway, at 646-252-5800.

Depending on how "bad" you want to restore your name to the list, I would make an effort to get in contact with all three of these parties, however that is up to you.

Good luck!!

VP Lodge Business Card.jpg

Edited by +Young+
Typographical correction

3 hours ago, jchen1652 said:

I emailed certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov on Wednesday December 16 so almost a week now. I originally emailed EXAMSUNIT@NYCT.COM but then they told me to contact DCAS. Thank you both Young and Charlie Charles. 

You're welcome. Hopefully you'll be able to restore your name to the list in one way or another.

Happy Holidays!!

5 minutes ago, exj16 said:

Hey everyone, any update on where they are in terms of Pre employment? list number 246x

Folks, I have good news to share:

If you look at this webpage , you will see that DCAS (Department of Citywide Administrative Services) certified the entire list to NYC Transit so they can fill 200 vacancies. In addition, if you look at this webpage, after typing in "06601" in the search box, you will see that the list numbers for the next 240 candidates go up to the 2300's on the list. Therefore, @exj16, depending on who does and does not show up, you might be in luck.

In addition, if you folks want to start working on the pre-employment packet, click here. I don't think pages 10 and 11 are relevant, since this is not a driving position, however that's just me. My list number for this exam is in the 4700's, so they have a while before they get to me.

Happy Holidays!!

7 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Folks, I have good news to share:

If you look at this webpage , you will see that DCAS (Department of Citywide Administrative Services) certified the entire list to NYC Transit so they can fill 200 vacancies. In addition, if you look at this webpage, after typing in "06601" in the search box, you will see that the list numbers for the next 240 candidates go up to the 2300's on the list. Therefore, @exj16, depending on who does and does not show up, you might be in luck.

In addition, if you folks want to start working on the pre-employment packet, click here. I don't think pages 10 and 11 are relevant, since this is not a driving position, however that's just me. My list number for this exam is in the 4700's, so they have a while before they get to me.

Happy Holidays!!

thank you so much for the info. i hope i get lucky lol I'm ready to start a new career and move on from the office life lol

Sorry for the thread bump, but for those waiting stay patient they’ll get to you. They are starving for conductors right now, almost everyday on the radio I’m hearing them asking for conductors to work their day off, and lately on the lines I work on they’ve been ABD’ing intervals due to no conductor.

They are incredibly short right now so just stay patient and stay safe. Hopefully things pick up next year since they’ve certified for 200 names.

Stay safe and happy holidays everyone.