Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

16 minutes ago, Hoakes said:

Do you know what the starting pay rate is? My grandfather retired from MTA in 2000 he was a train operator. He told me they go based off your work experience and education. Is this true?

Nope not true at all I believe the starting pay for people coming out this year is around 24ish an hour not sure, i had the pay rate saved to my phone but deleted it unfortunately. You get a raise every year for your anniversary and every May because of the union as well.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Nope not true at all I believe the starting pay for people coming out this year is around 24ish an hour not sure, i had the pay rate saved to my phone but deleted it unfortunately. You get a raise every year for your anniversary and every May because of the union as well.

Lol thank you for clearing this up, I didn’t think that it was. 24 to start is doable. And with the yearly and Union raises that’s nice as well.

18 minutes ago, Charlie charles said:

i emailed back the 8th which was the first date and they emailed and called me with an automated call saying to check my email for conductor processing.....i think they will get to your application soon.

Thanks, good luck moving forward!

18 minutes ago, jchen1652 said:

This may have been explained earlier in the thread, but can someone here clarify how the probation works? I would assume that the incidents that occur are from the passengers. And how many incidents would lead to termination. Thanks. 

You're on probation for 1 year from your induction date aka the date you're sworn in, of course accidents happens but depends on what accidents, especially if these accidents can cause a 12-9. Example opening the door on the wrong side i.e. opening trains doors on a wall, opening the train doors when there's no conductors board( zebra board black and white striped), not pointing at the board, opening the doors when the train isn't fully into the station, there's a plethora of things that can cause someone to lose their job. Just use common sense to prevent anything to prevent you from getting terminated. Some things aren't that serious and just require you to write a G2 which is a written report explaining what happened but before ever writing your G2 ALWAYS CALL A UNION REP. FOR HELP!! How many incidents depend solely on the severity of what happened, on the new tech trains there's a black box also know as the event recorder that records everything that happens on the train, example would the mph the train was going, how fast the doors were closed, everything and anything. So be careful when operating new tech trains because if something severe happens they would know if you closed down to fast, if you bypassed the automated announcements, or if you closed the doors on the train at the same time or if you closed the front section first and then the rear when it's supposed to be the rear section closed first and then the front section last. 

Also don't get caught using your cellphone by a TSS, or a superintedent unless you want a one way ticket to unemployment.

Edited by Schecter

On 1/21/2021 at 2:08 PM, Schecter said:

How can you call to check on the status of the list and your number?

2 hours ago, jchen1652 said:

This was provided earlier in the thread I believe. Use this link and in the search bar, type in 06601.

https://data.cityofnewyork.us/City-Government/Civil-Service-List-Certification/a9md-ynri/data

What does the certification portion mean? I never understood that. It has an expiration date for my certification but it lists several expiration dates

11 minutes ago, SONIA SMALL said:

How do I find out where to go for updates with the count on 6601. My list number is 12700.. From what I was reading It doesn't look like it passed me. Can someone please tell me where can I go to find out if there still is a chance for a job.

If your list number is 12,700, you don't have to worry. My list number off of this exam is in the 4700's. As it is mentioned below, the list numbers below 2,300 (2,299, 2,298, etc.) are being called for processing to fill the agency's vacancies. Therefore, for now, don't worry. When they reach your list number on the list, they will contact you for pre-employment processing.

9 minutes ago, Charlie charles said:

for sure any list numbers under 2300 is being called now for vacancies......

11 hours ago, Charlie charles said:

update as for me on pre employment proccessing: i  was called and send an email to attend a appointment at 180 livingston st today and took my drug test and made corrections to my pre employment application. i will keep you posted brothers and sister as to what is coming in steps...good luck all and stay safe!

That’s awesome! Hopefully I’m up next 😁

https://data.cityofnewyork.us/widgets/a9md-ynri

Jeez I wish I could insert screenshots on this thread. My name is ***, can someone please explain to me what it is tellling me And how to interpret the info. I want to stay on top of this but it says a certification is expiring 1/25/21.  I just want to make sure my status remains eligible 

Edited by +Young+
Identity purposes...

2 hours ago, PatientlyWaiting30 said:

https://data.cityofnewyork.us/widgets/a9md-ynri

Jeez I wish I could insert screenshots on this thread. My name is ***, can someone please explain to me what it is telling me And how to interpret the info. I want to stay on top of this but it says a certification is expiring 1/25/21.  I just want to make sure my status remains eligible

When I type your name into the Active Civil Service List webpage, I see that your list number is 4,3**. As it was previously stated, which you can read below, they are processing the folks whose list numbers is under 2,300, such as 2,299, 2,298, etc. The good news is that my list number for this particular exam is in the 4,700's. Therefore, since they will not reach your list number by the time the certification ends, you are still eligible. All you have to do is to be patient, that's all.

In addition, can you please refrain from posting your entire name on a forum website, which anybody can view as a "guest" at anytime, anywhere in this world?

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

16 hours ago, Charlie charles said:

for sure any list numbers under 2300 is being called now for vacancies......

Edited by +Young+

21 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

When I type your name into the Active Civil Service List webpage, I see that your list number is 4,3**. As it was previously stated, which you can read below, they are processing the folks whose list numbers is under 2,300, such as 2,299, 2,298, etc. The good news is that my list number for this particular exam is in the 4,700's. Therefore, since they will not reach your list number by the time the certification ends, you are still eligible. All you have to do is to be patient, that's all.

In addition, can you please refrain from posting your entire name on a forum website, which anybody can view as a "guest" at anytime, anywhere in this world?

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Understood. And thank you man, much appreciated 

1 minute ago, Hoakes said:

Good Morning

If you received an application for pre-employment, are you for sure going to start soon, so long as you pass the drug test and so on?

No not always, they sometimes drug test people and don't call them for the medical/final processing. I did 3 drug test already for train operator and I'm still waiting to be called.