Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

11 minutes ago, Schecter said:

No not always, they sometimes drug test people and don't call them for the medical/final processing. I did 3 drug test already for train operator and I'm still waiting to be called.

Okay, being that they are calling every number below 2300, and my list number is in the 2200's , I should get called back right?

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Hoakes said:

Okay, being that they are calling every number below 2300, and my list number is in the 2200's , I should get called back right?

If so then hopefully, a schoolcar TSS did tell me last week that the MTA is hiring 200 new conductors and 200 new train operators.

2 hours ago, Charlie charles said:

if i took drug test and had a procedure done recently and on prescribed medications...will that fail me all together? i do get to prove that it is prescribed by doctor to salsify a passing result??

No it should not. When you go for a drug (urine) test, either with the MTA or another DOT regulated company, either in the private or public sector, they are looking for illegal drugs which can be found here. If you want to take this a step further, I would play around with Google to see what other websites and information you come up with.

One example of a "prescribed medication" which most of us can relate to is "caffeine," either in coffee, or tea, or anything to this nature. Although "caffeine" can be classified as a "drug," you will not fail a drug (urine) test if you have "caffeine" in your system (trust me). Similarly, if you are only going for a drug (urine) test and you consume either a Monster or Red Bull energy drink within 24 to 48 hours prior, you will not fail the drug (urine) test for consuming either of these energy drinks.

Now I would not recommend consuming a Monster or Red Bull energy drink shortly before you go for a physical, since these drinks contain a high level of sugar, which can be detected in your urine, but that's another story and/or conversation for another time.

On 12/24/2020 at 3:18 PM, +Young+ said:

Folks, I have good news to share:

If you look at this webpage , you will see that DCAS (Department of Citywide Administrative Services) certified the entire list to NYC Transit so they can fill 200 vacancies. In addition, if you look at this webpage, after typing in "06601" in the search box, you will see that the list numbers for the next 240 candidates go up to the 2300's on the list. Therefore, @exj16, depending on who does and does not show up, you might be in luck.

In addition, if you folks want to start working on the pre-employment packet, click here. I don't think pages 10 and 11 are relevant, since this is not a driving position, however that's just me. My list number for this exam is in the 4700's, so they have a while before they get to me.

Happy Holidays!!

Hi +Young+, 

would you mind explaining how to read this list? Am I going off of my list number? Or the certification sequence number?

8 minutes ago, Hoakes said:

Hi +Young+, 

would you mind explaining how to read this list? Am I going off of my list number? Or the certification sequence number?

For the second link, after you type "06601" in the search box, you are going by the certification sequence numbers in ascending order (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.). Therefore, with the fact that, according to the website, there are 200 vacancies, "ideally" the first 200 candidates, according to the certification sequence number will get called. Now, as you know, there will be "issues" within the 200 candidates, between not each and every person responding to the canvass and/or showing up, between people testing positive for drugs, between people being placed on "medical hold," etc. Therefore, if your certification sequence number is in the 200 - 300 range, I would expect to hear from the agency soon. If your certification sequence number is in between 300 - 400, whether you hear from the agency or not depends on what happens with the people who have a smaller list number than you.

In addition, according to the website, about 20 people (give/take a few) decided to restore their name to the list. These folks should have no "issues" since your list number remains the same during the entire process.

Good luck!!

34 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

For the second link, after you type "06601" in the search box, you are going by the certification sequence numbers in ascending order (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.). Therefore, with the fact that, according to the website, there are 200 vacancies, "ideally" the first 200 candidates, according to the certification sequence number will get called. Now, as you know, there will be "issues" within the 200 candidates, between not each and every person responding to the canvass and/or showing up, between people testing positive for drugs, between people being placed on "medical hold," etc. Therefore, if your certification sequence number is in the 200 - 300 range, I would expect to hear from the agency soon. If your certification sequence number is in between 300 - 400, whether you hear from the agency or not depends on what happens with the people who have a smaller list number than you.

In addition, according to the website, about 20 people (give/take a few) decided to restore their name to the list. These folks should have no "issues" since your list number remains the same during the entire process.

Good luck!!

You're the best, thank you. I thought as much but helps when you break it down.

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

Good luck!!

I'm a little confused. When I look at the certification page, my name appears 6 times with varrying dates attached to it. I see ghe most recent one that expires today, but my paperwork was submitted and I'm closer to 2300 so I expect to wait a little longer.  Just looking for some clarification on how yhe certification site works. Thanks. 

32 minutes ago, TMFQuinn said:

I'm a little confused. When I look at the certification page, my name appears 6 times with varrying dates attached to it. I see ghe most recent one that expires today, but my paperwork was submitted and I'm closer to 2300 so I expect to wait a little longer.  Just looking for some clarification on how yhe certification site works. Thanks. 

You have to play with the filters. If you go to Filter and apply filter conditions, you can make it so that it shows only 06601 and the certification seq date in order by clicking ascending

7 minutes ago, Hoakes said:

Afternoon everyone :)

Any Progress for anyone so far?

When I went in for train operator medical/final processing I've seen some people go in for final processing for conductor getting their fingerprints done idk if they're they're the forum or not 

28 minutes ago, Schecter said:

When I went in for train operator medical/final processing I've seen some people go in for final processing for conductor getting their fingerprints done idk if they're they're the forum or not 

Oh nice, sounds like things are moving then

24 minutes ago, Hoakes said:

Oh nice, sounds like things are moving then

Hi all I’m new to this forum I been following this forum for a couple years now as well as my score I took both MTA conductor and NYPD exam at same time got called by NYD recently and on MTA list # 4,934 and also in plumber trade school with 5 months till I get my certification how long do y’all think I got till mta calls/text/emails me for pre-employment? And what number are they up to ?

1 hour ago, Grady6601 said:

Hi all I’m new to this forum I been following this forum for a couple years now as well as my score I took both MTA conductor and NYPD exam at same time got called by NYD recently and on MTA list # 4,934 and also in plumber trade school with 5 months till I get my certification how long do y’all think I got till mta calls/text/emails me for pre-employment? And what number are they up to ?

They seem to be around 2300 and below, previous posts have links where you can see where they are at with the list and who they’re calling now

hello all, i went in for medical portion and was put on medical hold since i just got hernia repair done and need to get clearance letter in a few weeks. my questions is how big is the school cart classes and maybe i will be able to make the other  class? they want to start a school cart class on feb 8th....not sure if they will make that deathline.

2 hours ago, Charlie charles said:

hello all, i went in for medical portion and was put on medical hold since i just got hernia repair done and need to get clearance letter in a few weeks. my questions is how big is the school cart classes and maybe i will be able to make the other  class? they want to start a school cart class on feb 8th....not sure if they will make that deathline.

I also have the same question, if the intend to do a school car class that soon, will they be doing more than one? If anyone knows the answer to that. I’ve only submitted the Pre-Employment App but have heard nothing back. I should be within the 1st 200 called, according to the list.

On 1/29/2021 at 3:13 PM, Schecter said:

Nice 👍. How long have you been a conductor for 1.5 years? Do you qualify for full rate on a  transfer for Train operator? Or do you have to work 1 year under Train operator to qualify for the full rate?