Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/14/2021 at 2:58 PM, jaison said:

one every month for the nxt 4 months.There s a shortage of conductors

Any idea how many people are called per class? also does anyone know what number they are at with the list? every time i call the hotline, it says it’s at 2178, for the past 4 months it has said that

On 2/23/2021 at 6:46 AM, VKravitz said:

Well they are moving, they contacted last Wednesday to do the pre employment application and everything and my deadline was yesterday.. I’ve done that, now I am just waiting for a response. (List number 22**)

Nice I wonder when they will start calling back the pre employment app folks. I was sent one on Jan 8th and then sent it back Jan 11th. My list number is also 220x. Should be hearing soon

25 minutes ago, Hoakes said:

Hey everyone, went in to get drug tested today. Expecting a call within 5-10 days. Anyone else going in this week?

Nice! You’ll be contacted and probably go for medical next week and be sworn in. Make sure you have all paperwork ready!!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone still waiting, should go apply assistant conductor for nj. Currently accepting applications.

I am retrying it, failed my first time. Just have to be patient and they will sent a time  and date to take the exam. It is fast test.  Five minutes done 

I am 13xxxx for mta  conductor 😭😭 

bus driver 1xxx , can’t pass my permit.( hopefully after I am done with school I can have whole month to study bus permit 

16 hours ago, mattfutureconductor5 said:

Bus driver 1xxx , can’t pass my permit.( hopefully after I am done with school I can have whole month to study bus permit 

My apologies for briefly going "off-topic," however, if you click here, not only did I reply to your post, but I also recommend using a free website to help you with this problem.

Good luck!!

Hello all. Does anyone have info on how long it takes to be put back on the list for Conductor after emailing DCAS? I was put on a pre-employment medical hold. I was released Monday and I was told to email DCAS on Friday. A class started this past Monday. I'm hoping to get into the next class. Any info is much appreciated 

1 hour ago, BreeBree said:

Hello all. Does anyone have info on how long it takes to be put back on the list for Conductor after emailing DCAS? I was put on a pre-employment medical hold. I was released Monday and I was told to email DCAS on Friday. A class started this past Monday. I'm hoping to get into the next class. Any info is much appreciated 

Hey Bree. Good luck with everything! I’m not sure the exact time frame but I saw ppl that came in with my class (09/2020) that had medical holds. They went to their doctors and got it cleared up and were sworn in quickly. So the sooner you can get your paperwork in order (doctors clearance I presume) then you should be able to get into the next class. 

2 things I wanna mention quickly:

1. I heard they were bringing in enough ppl to run 4 classes back to back, one each month. So if you don’t make the class that just started (they won’t bring you in late, there’s a lot of info and one week is a lot of stuff to miss), then you’ll probably make the next class as long as you have your stuff in order. Get it done and email them ASAP. Also follow up with a call. That’s what I would do. 

2. I heard that the last class that came in got quarantined due to someone testing positive for Covid. I’m not sure if that’s the class you missed or not but if it is, consider yourself lucky. 

1 hour ago, EAS said:

Hey Bree. Good luck with everything! I’m not sure the exact time frame but I saw ppl that came in with my class (09/2020) that had medical holds. They went to their doctors and got it cleared up and were sworn in quickly. So the sooner you can get your paperwork in order (doctors clearance I presume) then you should be able to get into the next class. 

2 things I wanna mention quickly:

1. I heard they were bringing in enough ppl to run 4 classes back to back, one each month. So if you don’t make the class that just started (they won’t bring you in late, there’s a lot of info and one week is a lot of stuff to miss), then you’ll probably make the next class as long as you have your stuff in order. Get it done and email them ASAP. Also follow up with a call. That’s what I would do. 

2. I heard that the last class that came in got quarantined due to someone testing positive for Covid. I’m not sure if that’s the class you missed or not but if it is, consider yourself lucky. 

Hi EAS

Thanks for the reply!

I turned my medical reports from my doctor and the hold was lifted Monday. So I will email DCAS to reinstated to the list and then email MTA employment letting them know I reached DCAS. Glad I wasn't in the class that got quarantined. I'll be fully vaccinated next week.

Thank you again

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2021 at 8:01 AM, BreeBree said:

Good morning all!

Being new to this thread I've been trying to back read for information and it has been great.

I was wondering if anyone would mind breaking down what Conductor class it like. 

Thank you

Have a wonderful day

I was in the first class of this list around this time 2018. Can't believe it's been 3 years already. I'm a train operator now. 

Prepare to feel like you went 10 rounds with Mike Tyson after carrying that heavy ass bag and walking in these yards with all that ballast. First day? You gotta climb an R68. You can't do it? You can't continue. 

There's a lot of information, wikipedia is pretty good, get your rest, and prepare to go around the ... world (NYC really). Prepare to see shit you ain't never seen before, like a human dropping their pants and taking a shit on the train, people shooting up heroin... sigh...

How’s it going good peoples. Just want to give some info just in case it might be useful to some of you. I’ve taken the 6601 and and scored a 94. I have a former coworker who also took the exam and scored a 96. He is working as a conductor on the 2 and 5 lines where he lives by. I actually seen him on the train last during the beginning of the pandemic. We’d talked for awhile. He’d told me he’d scored a 96 and when I’d checked the list he indeed had that score. 

This is off topic but I don't know what else to do and I really need some help figuring out what to do, so on my mtajob portal I applied to about 15 jobs some being track workers and so fort, but on most of them it's saying passed pre-screening as for applications status. Is there a number I can called or email because it's 2 to 3 years on some applications and I don't want to miss my opportunity and I always check my emails and didn't receive anything 

Thank you