Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/11/2021 at 6:04 PM, TMFQuinn said:

Hey folks.

My list number is 22xx. I responded to the canvassing letter in January and was wondering what list number you guys who are going to schoolcar in May are. Hopeful I will hear back soon and maybe wind up in class with some of yous. 

5 hours ago, hh1a said:

this week was the deadline for pre employment for those that got a canvass email, has anyone got any follow up email for the next steps ?

I got called the first week of January for canvassing and I received another call this week. I imagine they'll reach out with a new email. 

Update on pre employment status:

went to 180 Livingston today, they made me fill in empty spots on my pre employment application, sign some more papers and do a urine (drug) test. (I Do not smoke so I’m not worried about that). Was there for a little more than an hour, after the urine test I was told that’ll they will contact me when they are ready for the next step (Medical test and final processing). Next class starts May 31st. 

37 minutes ago, VKravitz said:

Update on pre employment status:

went to 180 Livingston today, they made me fill in empty spots on my pre employment application, sign some more papers and do a urine (drug) test. (I Do not smoke so I’m not worried about that). Was there for a little more than an hour, after the urine test I was told that’ll they will contact me when they are ready for the next step (Medical test and final processing). Next class starts May 31st. 

Same. My appointment was 915 I was there till about 1030. Did urine test (again) and also had to fill in some blanks on employment (first time for that). Next up medical and final processing. I did medical before as well but I was put on a medical hold. But I got that released realitivly quickly. But I guess you repeat all the steps again.

I didn't get the date the class was going to start

Congrats to all y’all! Once you go for medical and final processing, you’ll be sworn in the same day providing that all paperwork is in order and no medical holds. Be prepared to take a pic for your pass! Anyone going thru this now will be for the next class so if that starts 5/31 then that’s when it starts. 

when school car starts, it’ll be tough and intense but you’ll learn quickly. Just pay attention and try to take good notes and study a lot.  

im proud of all y’all!

40 minutes ago, EAS said:

Congrats to all y’all! Once you go for medical and final processing, you’ll be sworn in the same day providing that all paperwork is in order and no medical holds. Be prepared to take a pic for your pass! Anyone going thru this now will be for the next class so if that starts 5/31 then that’s when it starts. 

when school car starts, it’ll be tough and intense but you’ll learn quickly. Just pay attention and try to take good notes and study a lot.  

im proud of all y’all!

Thank you! Is it true you have to climb a train the first day??

24 minutes ago, VKravitz said:

Guess that’s when my military training will kick in lol 

It ain’t that serious. Follow their directions and you’ll be fine. Even short ppl can do it. U always need 3 points of contact. 

one other thing. The TSS’s will seem very harsh and nasty. Don’t take it personal. You’re gonna give urself a headache that way. Trust me, it isn’t personal no matter how much it seems so. I learned the hard way. 

11 minutes ago, EAS said:

It ain’t that serious. Follow their directions and you’ll be fine. Even short ppl can do it. U always need 3 points of contact. 

one other thing. The TSS’s will seem very harsh and nasty. Don’t take it personal. You’re gonna give urself a headache that way. Trust me, it isn’t personal no matter how much it seems so. I learned the hard way. 

Yea I feel you .. appreciate that. Looking forward to the new chapter . 

49 minutes ago, EAS said:

Thank you.  I'm super excited. I've been testing and waiting for like 7 years. I just hope my old self can climb that train lol.

Thanks for all the input it is greatly appreciated 💜

44 minutes ago, BreeBree said:

Thank you.  I'm super excited. I've been testing and waiting for like 7 years. I just hope my old self can climb that train lol.

Thanks for all the input it is greatly appreciated 💜

@VKravitz I was and still am. My class came in in 09/2020. I’m still on probation. It’ll be fun. 
@BreeBree I’m in my early 40s. If I can do it, you can too. 

49 minutes ago, EAS said:

@VKravitz I was and still am. My class came in in 09/2020. I’m still on probation. It’ll be fun. 
@BreeBree I’m in my early 40s. If I can do it, you can too. 

Awesome!! Well I'm a bit older lol. I've been an opera and Broadway singer for 20 years lol. I should have gotten off that ride a long time ago. But I am amped for this new chapter in my life! I will climb my 50+ good looking (though plump) booty up that train🤣🤣🤣 if they tell me how I will make it so( a la Captain Piccard)