Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

26 minutes ago, AngelRC said:

Afternoon all. Look forward to seeing and working with ya in the near future. For those about to start schoolcar soon, best of luck. Any questions feel free to ask your instructors and any conductor (including myself) who has been on the job for a while now

Thank you!

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BreeBree said:

I hope so. A bit nervous lol. I guess just thinking about training. Lots of information to learn I'm sure

Like it was said earlier, first few days will be speaking with the union, and orientation. Then you'll meet your instructor TSS's who will explain how things will go. (If I remember correctly, they ask what division you want to go to as well). You'll have the information about the equipment, just have to read, pay attention (ask questions if you have), etc. Just a reminder, if you go to the B division, no r32s/r42s due to them being retired. Plus ask your fellow students for help as well. 

1 hour ago, AngelRC said:

Like it was said earlier, first few days will be speaking with the union, and orientation. Then you'll meet your instructor TSS's who will explain how things will go. (If I remember correctly, they ask what division you want to go to as well). You'll have the information about the equipment, just have to read, pay attention (ask questions if you have), etc. Just a reminder, if you go to the B division, no r32s/r42s due to them being retired. Plus ask your fellow students for help as well. 

Thanks for the info

I would like A division I believe that is the number train division.  What is r32/r42s?

16 hours ago, BreeBree said:

Thanks for the info

I would like A division I believe that is the number train division.  What is r32/r42s?

If you want the A division, make sure to put it on the sheet that asks which division you want to be in. Just know that if you get out into the B division, when you get to pick your tour and RDOs after a few months, you can ask for a transfer to the A. And the r32s/r42s is the equipment that used to run on the B division but are retired. They are now used for garbage trains

20 minutes ago, AngelRC said:

If you want the A division, make sure to put it on the sheet that asks which division you want to be in. Just know that if you get out into the B division, when you get to pick your tour and RDOs after a few months, you can ask for a transfer to the A. And the r32s/r42s is the equipment that used to run on the B division but are retired. They are now used for garbage trains

Thank you

On 4/29/2021 at 3:45 PM, BreeBree said:

Update 

Got my appointment/conditional email today! Check your emails. Good luck all!!

Good luck tomorrow . I have to go Wednesday morning to 180. Let me know what happens! My email says may 24th class . You too ? 

8 minutes ago, VKravitz said:

Good luck tomorrow . I have to go Wednesday morning to 180. Let me know what happens! My email says may 24th class . You too ? 

Awesome!!!! Good luck to you as well. Yes class starts May 24th. I'll definitely post an update tomorrow.  Praying hard for this!! Let's get it!!

40 minutes ago, VKravitz said:

Did you fill out all of that paper work again?  So much! 

OMG!!!! An insane amount. I literally just finished.  I need more employment forms. Lol I printed like 20 extras ughhh. I had a lot of performance jobs. Its crazy!!!

21 minutes ago, BreeBree said:

OMG!!!! An insane amount. I literally just finished.  I need more employment forms. Lol I printed like 20 extras ughhh. I had a lot of performance jobs. Its crazy!!!

Oh trust you’ll be fine . You already got this far . We’ll def chat at school car !

27 minutes ago, VKravitz said:

What’s the word, how’d it go? 

Hey!!! I literally just walked in...I GOT IT!!! Crazy long, long day didn't leave till like 2:45. Sworn in, picture taken and beginning handbooks. Class starts 5/25 at 8AM it's actually a zoom meeting. 5/26 at the school report time 7AM. You'll order your shoes asap and a mock uniform till we get ours ordered

Super excited!!!! I look forward to meeting you 5/24!!! You got this!!

On 4/30/2021 at 11:29 AM, AngelRC said:

It’s going to take way longer than a couple of months. I started in the A division and it took me close to two years before I was able to pick my first job in the B division. That’s why if given the choice it’s in everyone’s interest to choose wisely.

Congratulations BreeBree and to everyone else who made it and welcome aboard. It’s going to seem nerve wracking and overwhelming at first, but it’s really not a hard job. The hardest part is getting to work on time and dealing with these looney toon passengers. 

19 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

It’s going to take way longer than a couple of months. I started in the A division and it took me close to two years before I was able to pick my first job in the B division. That’s why if given the choice it’s in everyone’s interest to choose wisely.

Congratulations BreeBree and to everyone else who made it and welcome aboard. It’s going to seem nerve wracking and overwhelming at first, but it’s really not a hard job. The hardest part is getting to work on time and dealing with these looney toon passengers. 

Thank you! I'm super excited!! Looking forward to all of it!

2 hours ago, BreeBree said:

Hey!!! I literally just walked in...I GOT IT!!! Crazy long, long day didn't leave till like 2:45. Sworn in, picture taken and beginning handbooks. Class starts 5/25 at 8AM it's actually a zoom meeting. 5/26 at the school report time 7AM. You'll order your shoes asap and a mock uniform till we get ours ordered

Super excited!!!! I look forward to meeting you 5/24!!! You got this!!

Congrats big time!! And thanks we def will be meeting soon! I’ll be there tomorrow so I’m looking forward to it as well.. did you have to fix your paper work again? Lol I’m doing mine now smh !  So repetitive.. but it’ll pay off in the long run