Jump to content

Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
whatisacup

Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

SevenEleven

LIST STATUS UPDATE: 9/08/2019

This list HAS been established as of 2/14/2018.

PAY: $22.14 to start, raises to $31.63

TRAINING: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

HIGHEST LIST # CALLED: For initial P/E: (1800s); For Medical: (Last Known - 1300s)

CLASSES SCHEDULED FOR --

Message added by SevenEleven

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, AngelRC said:

Afternoon all. Look forward to seeing and working with ya in the near future. For those about to start schoolcar soon, best of luck. Any questions feel free to ask your instructors and any conductor (including myself) who has been on the job for a while now

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AngelRC said:

Ya got this!

I hope so. A bit nervous lol. I guess just thinking about training. Lots of information to learn I'm sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BreeBree said:

I hope so. A bit nervous lol. I guess just thinking about training. Lots of information to learn I'm sure

Like it was said earlier, first few days will be speaking with the union, and orientation. Then you'll meet your instructor TSS's who will explain how things will go. (If I remember correctly, they ask what division you want to go to as well). You'll have the information about the equipment, just have to read, pay attention (ask questions if you have), etc. Just a reminder, if you go to the B division, no r32s/r42s due to them being retired. Plus ask your fellow students for help as well. 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, BreeBree said:

I bet it comes tomorrow.  We went to drug test the same day. It might be list number or last name for medical.  Keep us posted😊

List number I believe .. I was 224*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BreeBree said:

I'm 210*

Yea so that seems correct.  🙏🙏🙏 . Hopefully you get sworn in the same day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AngelRC said:

Like it was said earlier, first few days will be speaking with the union, and orientation. Then you'll meet your instructor TSS's who will explain how things will go. (If I remember correctly, they ask what division you want to go to as well). You'll have the information about the equipment, just have to read, pay attention (ask questions if you have), etc. Just a reminder, if you go to the B division, no r32s/r42s due to them being retired. Plus ask your fellow students for help as well. 

Thanks for the info

I would like A division I believe that is the number train division.  What is r32/r42s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, VKravitz said:

Yea so that seems correct.  🙏🙏🙏 . Hopefully you get sworn in the same day

I hope so. I was put on medical hold in Feb. But I did what was required and got it released. So I'm hopeful that I will get sworn in.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BreeBree said:

I hope so. I was put on medical hold in Feb. But I did what was required and got it released. So I'm hopeful that I will get sworn in.

 

🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BreeBree said:

Thanks for the info

I would like A division I believe that is the number train division.  What is r32/r42s?

If you want the A division, make sure to put it on the sheet that asks which division you want to be in. Just know that if you get out into the B division, when you get to pick your tour and RDOs after a few months, you can ask for a transfer to the A. And the r32s/r42s is the equipment that used to run on the B division but are retired. They are now used for garbage trains

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, AngelRC said:

If you want the A division, make sure to put it on the sheet that asks which division you want to be in. Just know that if you get out into the B division, when you get to pick your tour and RDOs after a few months, you can ask for a transfer to the A. And the r32s/r42s is the equipment that used to run on the B division but are retired. They are now used for garbage trains

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, BreeBree said:

Thank you

You're welcome and hope to see you when you're posting or on the job soon

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2021 at 3:45 PM, BreeBree said:

Update 

Got my appointment/conditional email today! Check your emails. Good luck all!!

Good luck tomorrow . I have to go Wednesday morning to 180. Let me know what happens! My email says may 24th class . You too ? 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, VKravitz said:

Good luck tomorrow . I have to go Wednesday morning to 180. Let me know what happens! My email says may 24th class . You too ? 

Awesome!!!! Good luck to you as well. Yes class starts May 24th. I'll definitely post an update tomorrow.  Praying hard for this!! Let's get it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, BreeBree said:

Awesome!!!! Good luck to you as well. Yes class starts May 24th. I'll definitely post an update tomorrow.  Praying hard for this!! Let's get it!!

Did you fill out all of that paper work again?  So much! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, VKravitz said:

Did you fill out all of that paper work again?  So much! 

OMG!!!! An insane amount. I literally just finished.  I need more employment forms. Lol I printed like 20 extras ughhh. I had a lot of performance jobs. Its crazy!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BreeBree said:

OMG!!!! An insane amount. I literally just finished.  I need more employment forms. Lol I printed like 20 extras ughhh. I had a lot of performance jobs. Its crazy!!!

Oh trust you’ll be fine . You already got this far . We’ll def chat at school car !

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VKravitz said:

Oh trust you’ll be fine . You already got this far . We’ll def chat at school car !

Absolutely!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, VKravitz said:

What’s the word, how’d it go? 

Hey!!! I literally just walked in...I GOT IT!!! Crazy long, long day didn't leave till like 2:45. Sworn in, picture taken and beginning handbooks. Class starts 5/25 at 8AM it's actually a zoom meeting. 5/26 at the school report time 7AM. You'll order your shoes asap and a mock uniform till we get ours ordered

Super excited!!!! I look forward to meeting you 5/24!!! You got this!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2021 at 11:29 AM, AngelRC said:

If you want the A division, make sure to put it on the sheet that asks which division you want to be in. Just know that if you get out into the B division, when you get to pick your tour and RDOs after a few months, you can ask for a transfer to the A. And the r32s/r42s is the equipment that used to run on the B division but are retired. They are now used for garbage trains

It’s going to take way longer than a couple of months. I started in the A division and it took me close to two years before I was able to pick my first job in the B division. That’s why if given the choice it’s in everyone’s interest to choose wisely.

 

Congratulations BreeBree and to everyone else who made it and welcome aboard. It’s going to seem nerve wracking and overwhelming at first, but it’s really not a hard job. The hardest part is getting to work on time and dealing with these looney toon passengers. 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

It’s going to take way longer than a couple of months. I started in the A division and it took me close to two years before I was able to pick my first job in the B division. That’s why if given the choice it’s in everyone’s interest to choose wisely.

 

Congratulations BreeBree and to everyone else who made it and welcome aboard. It’s going to seem nerve wracking and overwhelming at first, but it’s really not a hard job. The hardest part is getting to work on time and dealing with these looney toon passengers. 

Thank you! I'm super excited!! Looking forward to all of it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BreeBree said:

Hey!!! I literally just walked in...I GOT IT!!! Crazy long, long day didn't leave till like 2:45. Sworn in, picture taken and beginning handbooks. Class starts 5/25 at 8AM it's actually a zoom meeting. 5/26 at the school report time 7AM. You'll order your shoes asap and a mock uniform till we get ours ordered

Super excited!!!! I look forward to meeting you 5/24!!! You got this!!

Congrats big time!! And thanks we def will be meeting soon! I’ll be there tomorrow so I’m looking forward to it as well.. did you have to fix your paper work again? Lol I’m doing mine now smh !  So repetitive.. but it’ll pay off in the long run 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone, by chance would y’all know where they’re at in terms of Pre-Employment? My list number is 24**

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.