Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we please stop comparing this exam to exam #8091 or what ever the number was... The list was also extended. That is a bad reference to use. The amount of people who took this exam compared to that one is nearly tripled.

How many people took this test compared to the last one? And how do you know how many?

I'm not. I'm referring to people who are saying people with 3 wrong have no hope.

Also, where can I see the list for both of those exams you are referring to?

For the DSNY one take note that an incredible amount of people took this exam and the reason why you see the extra high scores like 105 is because of the residency credit. 5 extra points were added. There were people who had a question or two wrong that scored within the top 2000.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloads/pdf/misc/sanitation_worker_exam_5001_results_sept_2015.pdf

And here's the link for the Conductor, people with 4 wrong were in the top 2000.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/13097-conductor-exam-8094/page-1

Can we please stop comparing this exam to exam #8091 or what ever the number was... The list was also extended. That is a bad reference to use. The amount of people who took this exam compared to that one is nearly tripled.

If a moderator instructs us to do so I will, otherwise there's nothing wrong with giving comparisons to give an idea.

For the DSNY one take note that an incredible amount of people took this exam and the reason why you see the extra high scores like 105 is because of the residency credit. 5 extra points were added. There were people who had a question or two wrong that scored within the top 2000.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloads/pdf/misc/sanitation_worker_exam_5001_results_sept_2015.pdf

And here's the link for the Conductor, people with 4 wrong were in the top 2000.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/13097-conductor-exam-8094/page-1

If a moderator instructs us to do so I will, otherwise there's nothing wrong with giving comparisons to give an idea.

Thank you! And I agree, nothing wrong with comparing both exams. 

Question: Will residency be used for this exam as well?

Na jchambers, I'm just trying to point out that you are comparing two exams that have a huge difference in the amount of people who took it. A better comparison is the sanitation exam. Because about the same amount of people took the exam. I'm not trying to be harsh or anything lol... Post what you feel. I'm also in the same boat with the people who got 4 wrong and I understand that it's a wrap for getting called for this. It's just the reality of it.

I took sanitation and got two wrong and I had +5 for residency. And my rank was 52xx. My score ranged from the low 2000's to like mid the 5000's. The reason for this was 1) the amount of people who took the exam and 2) the fifth digit of my social.

So now looking at this exam you can pretty much say the lost numbers will be around the same. I strongly believe Anything with more than 2 wrong will have a list number in the 6000 + range trust me. But let's all just wait and see what happens.

The difference of comparing these two exams is that it's a 1:3 ratio at least with the amount of people whom have taken the exam and the fact that the process would probably be different.

Either way, everyone who is currently sobbing and losing hope, it's like what other people have said, nothing is fine until you get your number anyway. 

Thank you! And I agree, nothing wrong with comparing both exams. 

Question: Will residency be used for this exam as well?

If you guys are referring to Sanitation exam 5001, I'll let you know that it seemed like the entire state of NY took that one. My score was 100.7140. About 4,000 other people scored that same number....My list number was 6,265. I've been told countless times by employees working more than a decade in DSNY to forget about getting a call, unless a miracle by God himself happens. If anyone here saw what exam 5001 looked like IN PERSON, they would feel much better about this Conductor exam. I know with 3 questions wrong, I feel great (comparing to 5001). Oh yeah...the guy at the number 1 spot in 5001, scored an impeccable 133.5710 with every damn credit known to man.

68,720 is the last number on that list.

Edited by RedViper90

If you guys are referring to Sanitation exam 5001, I'll let you know that it seemed like the entire state of NY took that one. My score was 100.7140. About 4,000 other people scored that same number....My list number was 6,265. I've been told countless times by employees working more than a decade in DSNY to forget about getting a call, unless a miracle by God himself happens. If anyone here saw what exam 5001 looked like IN PERSON, they would feel much better about this Conductor exam. I know with 3 questions wrong, I feel great (comparing to 5001). Oh yeah...the guy at the number 1 spot in 5001, scored an impeccable 133.5710 with every damn credit known to man.

68,720 is the last number on that list.

In 6601, which 3 did you get wrong?

Na jchambers, I'm just trying to point out that you are comparing two exams that have a huge difference in the amount of people who took it. A better comparison is the sanitation exam. Because about the same amount of people took the exam. I'm not trying to be harsh or anything lol... Post what you feel. I'm also in the same boat with the people who got 4 wrong and I understand that it's a wrap for getting called for this. It's just the reality of it.

I took sanitation and got two wrong and I had +5 for residency. And my rank was 52xx. My score ranged from the low 2000's to like mid the 5000's. The reason for this was 1) the amount of people who took the exam and 2) the fifth digit of my social.

So now looking at this exam you can pretty much say the lost numbers will be around the same. I strongly believe Anything with more than 2 wrong will have a list number in the 6000 + range trust me. But let's all just wait and see what happens.

I know that there's a huge difference in the amount of people that took those exams the point I was trying to get across was that it's possible to have up to 4 wrong and score within the top 2000 range, that's all. I just don't like to see people freaking out over nothing.

I get that you're not trying to be harsh and I'm not trying to start a fight with you.

I was happy as hell when I saw that I only got one wrong.  :lol::D  Goodluck to everyone and file for the Train Operator exam. (if you qualify) 

@ Bmpo7: No, there wasn't any residency credits unfortunately. 

I know that there's a huge difference in the amount of people that took those exams the point I was trying to get across was that it's possible to have up to 4 wrong and score within the top 2000 range, that's all. I just don't like to see people freaking out over nothing.

I get that you're not trying to be harsh and I'm not trying to start a fight with you.

I was happy as hell when I saw that I only got one wrong.  :lol::D  Goodluck to everyone and file for the Train Operator exam. (if you qualify) 

@ Bmpo7: No, there wasn't any residency credits unfortunately. 

So we can assume the highest score on this list will be 100?

Can someone plz share there protest experience , did u get a answer changed ? Or something?

I am going tomorrow. Your answers don't get changed at the session, and apparently you are never notified about what happened as a result of your protest. All that you will ever know is whether the % you got right on your answer key is the same as the one on the official list. If your score is higher than what it is now, then some wrong answers got tossed. I hope to have at least three or more tossed and perhaps all six.

I am going tomorrow. Your answers don't get changed at the session, and apparently you are never notified about what happened as a result of your protest. All that you will ever know is whether the % you got right on your answer key is the same as the one on the official list. If your score is higher than what it is now, then some wrong answers got tossed. I hope to have at least three or more tossed and perhaps all six.

Is tomorrow the protest session for ALL exams or only a specific one?

Is tomorrow the protest session for ALL exams or only a specific one?

It is for the specific test date of May 22 in the AM. But you should go and ask anyway. You could get valuable info on what to do next, like a post-protest.

I don't think it's fair to compare this test to the last conductor test. Based on the feedback on here prior to taking the test, what we got was something completely different. For starters not a single math question was asked, so bringing a calculator was irrelevant.

I didn't take the last test so I cannot compare, but I'm pretty sure they switched things around this year. I'm also pretty sure that not many people will score as high as the previous conductor test. If the poll we have here gives us any Insight it's one of two things. 1). Many people got 2-4 answers wrong and 2) many others got 7+ wrong. The only others that could get a higher score are those with credits or those already inside taking the promotional.

I still have a slight hope but I'm already looking at the T/O filing date.

Here's my logic....68,000 people are on the list for Sanitation while only 47,000 overall took the conductor exam. Please correct me if I'm wrong but there is a slight comparison but not quite on the money. So how many people overall took the sanitation test ?

if my protest session was today, but I could not make it today, can I show up tomorrow or the day after just to get the book for the questions and answers so I know what can be protested?

That's a good question, I think you can or maybe they let you write them down. I know that on the back of your answer sheet, I believe they give you a 30 day grace period after your protest date to submit your case in writing which you can mail in. I don't have the sheet in front me so I could be wrong.

I'm not sure if they'll actually let you take the booklet with you though.

Edited by noekozz

if my protest session was today, but I could not make it today, can I show up tomorrow or the day after just to get the book for the questions and answers so I know what can be protested?

No... They have specific test books on the day your protest is scheduled. If you do go they might give you a different day to come back.

That's a good question, I think you can or maybe they let you write them down. I know that on the back of your answer sheet, I believe they give you a 30 day grace period after your protest date to submit your case in writing which you can mail in. I don't have the sheet in front me so I could be wrong.

I'm not sure if they'll actually let you take the booklet with you though.

No you DO NOT get to take any paper work or books with you when you are done....