Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

3 hours ago, VKravitz said:

Congrats big time!! And thanks we def will be meeting soon! I’ll be there tomorrow so I’m looking forward to it as well.. did you have to fix your paper work again? Lol I’m doing mine now smh !  So repetitive.. but it’ll pay off in the long run 

Heck yeah! Ms O worked with me on itforan hour lol!!

Good luck tomorrow! Please post after👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾 you got this!!

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

It’s going to take way longer than a couple of months. I started in the A division and it took me close to two years before I was able to pick my first job in the B division. That’s why if given the choice it’s in everyone’s interest to choose wisely.

Congratulations BreeBree and to everyone else who made it and welcome aboard. It’s going to seem nerve wracking and overwhelming at first, but it’s really not a hard job. The hardest part is getting to work on time and dealing with these looney toon passengers. 

...I still can't pick a job...and Im close to 2 years...tears >->

2 hours ago, VKravitz said:

@BreeBree I got it also! Everything went well. Didn’t have to make much corrections to my forms, I was literally the first one in there and seen. Was out by 1130 . So it’s official I’ll be seeing you the 25th!  The wait is over!! 

CONGRATS! ... can't wait to say the same thing! the waiting is killin me😭

Edited by ronZO215

2 hours ago, VKravitz said:

@BreeBree I got it also! Everything went well. Didn’t have to make much corrections to my forms, I was literally the first one in there and seen. Was out by 1130 . So it’s official I’ll be seeing you the 25th!  The wait is over!! 

Yassssss!!!! So awesome!!! The wait is over! Congratulations!!!

13 hours ago, SONIA SMALL said:

Hi. Does anyone know what number 6601 conductor is on right nothing?

I Checked my account and it said My certification expired 4/3021. How do I recertification? Please any help would be appreciated because I'm not getting thru when I try to call.

Anyone between late 2200’s and 2300. And it will recertify on its own.. as long as the exam hasn’t expired, you are still being considered.. what’s your list number? 

14 hours ago, BreeBree said:

They are moving fast!!!

It moves really fast! Once you drug test. They called(emailed) appts for medical/conditional offer within a week. The paperwork is extensive. Start getting work history and all documents together now. 

3 hours ago, VKravitz said:

Anyone between late 2200’s and 2300. And it will recertify on its own.. as long as the exam hasn’t expired, you are still being considered.. what’s your list number? 

Hi. Thank you for that. I thought for a min I was seeing wrong lol.. but my list number say 12700.00. So I'm guessing it's 12 thousand and they only at 2 thousand 🤦‍♀️. I have a few more years to go.. if I'm correct.

Edited by SONIA SMALL

Hey Guys.

I got the email asking me to come in for drug testing and to complete pre-employment on Tuesday. My list number is under 2300 and I'd expect to be offered a spot in either the class at the end of May or the very next one. Is there a way to defer my appointment without a medical hold? I haven't gotten my drivers license yet, nor can I confirm I would pass the test(THC). I have been waiting on another opportunity at the hospital I work at that pays better and I expected to be called later in the year, so I could sort out my license and flush my system. I realize I probably sound like a goon, sorry if thats the case. I'm having a little anxiety about leaving my hospital. Ive usually despised any job Ive ever had to leave. 

Edited by TMFQuinn

Best of luck to the class starting next week! My class just finished schoolcar. It’s a great experience study study study when you get there and ask your TSS’s questions if you don’t understand something. It’s easy to get through you just have to put in the effort.

11 minutes ago, Hoakes said:

Best of luck to the class starting next week! My class just finished schoolcar. It’s a great experience study study study when you get there and ask your TSS’s questions if you don’t understand something. It’s easy to get through you just have to put in the effort.

Congrats! So are you done with posting? Or is that going to start now?

1 hour ago, Hoakes said:

Congratulations!!! I start Monday

17 minutes ago, Hoakes said:

Done with posting ! Took the final practical today and passed . Start my first job tomorrow !

Congrats to you and your classmates! I’m in B Div. Currently working PM tour. How many came out of your class? How many to B Div and how many to A Div?