Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not about overweight per say. It's neck measurement plus other health issues ie: high blood pressure.  They will put you on medical hold and have you complete a sleep apnea test.  I went to isleep very fast and I was in the next class. I'm posting next week. Next class is in July. Good luck

16 hours ago, BreeBree said:

It's not about overweight per say. It's neck measurement plus other health issues ie: high blood pressure.  They will put you on medical hold and have you complete a sleep apnea test.  I went to isleep very fast and I was in the next class. I'm posting next week. Next class is in July. Good luck

Thank you so much for the info! My neck measurement is exactly at 17. I’m not sure if that’s a good or bad thing but I have a gut feeling I will be placed on hold LOL 

12 minutes ago, exj16 said:

Thank you so much for the info! My neck measurement is exactly at 17. I’m not sure if that’s a good or bad thing but I have a gut feeling I will be placed on hold LOL 

I think anything over 17.5 is when they place you on medical hold.

Hey Everyone, been reviewing these forums for some time and some great info. I’m always about passing it a long to the next. My list number is 24** and was called last week to send in pre-employment paperwork. I spoke with Olga who is very polite. She told me to expect to be called in for medical requirements next week and to be possibly ready for the end of July class. Very excited as I’ve been waiting years for this. I’ll definitely include some more info as I continue along. Good luck to everyone and can’t wait to meet  everyone in the next class hopefully! 

On 6/27/2021 at 2:49 AM, JDS1057 said:

Hey Everyone, been reviewing these forums for some time and some great info. I’m always about passing it a long to the next. My list number is 24** and was called last week to send in pre-employment paperwork. I spoke with Olga who is very polite. She told me to expect to be called in for medical requirements next week and to be possibly ready for the end of July class. Very excited as I’ve been waiting years for this. I’ll definitely include some more info as I continue along. Good luck to everyone and can’t wait to meet  everyone in the next class hopefully! 

Has anyone got any emails and or calls for Medical/final processing yet? 

54 minutes ago, exj16 said:

Nothing yet and Yeah I’m too is worried about medical hold. Neck size is exactly 17.5 and I’m about 228 pounds but I don’t have sleep apnea or high blood pressure health issues or anything of that nature. I had an EKG done not too long ago and it came back good. Im Just overweight. I guess we’ll find out real soon lol 

On 6/29/2021 at 12:48 PM, exj16 said:

Went into today for drug screening. They said the process has changed a bit to spread it out and not keep applicants at the center all day anymore. Next step after drug screen is wait for an email to come back for complete medical check and then final processing. I believe drug screen is only valid for 30 days so this would be in line for the start of the end of July class. But nothing definite I guess. Will update again next week. 

5 hours ago, JDS1057 said:

Went into today for drug screening. They said the process has changed a bit to spread it out and not keep applicants at the center all day anymore. Next step after drug screen is wait for an email to come back for complete medical check and then final processing. I believe drug screen is only valid for 30 days so this would be in line for the start of the end of July class. But nothing definite I guess. Will update again next week. 

That's great ! Moves fast!!

I'm posting this week I am in the May class. We have one more week good luck 

On 6/27/2021 at 2:49 AM, JDS1057 said:

Awesome!! I’m 28XX. I hope to be getting called before the end of this year 

Edited by Tony77

Hey. So does anyone have a link for a thread for the train operator exam from a few years ago? I have a friend that needs info on the list and the employment center number I had 347-643-8232 is no longer valid. 

I received a call just now for Medical/final processing. I was asked If I can come in early Tuesday or Wednesday morning. I chose Tuesday. Afterwards she sent me an email with all the info. List number 24**. I was told if all goes well, I start 7/26. *fingers crossed*

24 minutes ago, EAS said:

Hey. So does anyone have a link for a thread for the train operator exam from a few years ago? I have a friend that needs info on the list and the employment center number I had 347-643-8232 is no longer valid. 

Which exam 7604? If so this is the thread 

Good luck to anyone posting! If you’ve made it that far you will pass the practical! The real tests are when you’re alone. Super easy job just never lose focus and you’ll be fine. I’ve been out of schoolcar a month now I love it.

Good afternoon to all.  Congrats to my brothers that have waited the wait.   Just a few questions.  I received  and finished the pre-employment packet last week.  Earlier today, I  received a letter stating to come in to continue the pre-employment process on Juy 8th.  It numbered the things I need to have said to have which included "successful completion of a drug/alcohol laboratory examination".  Thats where my question lies.  Do I have to get one and bring it in by that date attend or they will schedule me one?  Thank you in advance.  Good luck to all!!!

7 minutes ago, Finallynyc said:

Good afternoon to all.  Congrats to my brothers that have waited the wait.   Just a few questions.  I received  and finished the pre-employment packet last week.  Earlier today, I  received a letter stating to come in to continue the pre-employment process on Juy 8th.  It numbered the things I need to have said to have which included "successful completion of a drug/alcohol laboratory examination".  Thats where my question lies.  Do I have to get one and bring it in by that date attend or they will schedule me one?  Thank you in advance.  Good luck to all!!!

Nope the drug test is done over there at the MAC at 180 Livingston Street.

On 7/3/2021 at 4:05 PM, Hoakes said:

Good luck to anyone posting! If you’ve made it that far you will pass the practical! The real tests are when you’re alone. Super easy job just never lose focus and you’ll be fine. I’ve been out of schoolcar a month now I love it.

I'm on my last 2 posting days this week. Then final and road final! Next week we will all be out there! Whew!!! Yayyyy