Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/16/2021 at 10:00 AM, Schecter said:

You can just buy a bag where the straps can be stored away all the employees buy Kaka bags off Amazon because you're able to store the straps away without a tss getting mad.

Thank you so much for the info! Also I have one more question. How many trips do you do a day? Is there a set number or is based on what’s needed? I’m curious as to how this works lol

8 minutes ago, exj16 said:

Thank you so much for the info! Also I have one more question. How many trips do you do a day? Is there a set number or is based on what’s needed? I’m curious as to how this works lol

It all depends on the job tbh with you the 6 train for example has 3 trips or 2 the 1 has 3 or 2 trips, the 7 can have 5 or less it all depends on the job you get. Once you get access to tens you can see the schedule card for each and every job.

On 7/9/2021 at 3:49 PM, yourehired said:

is there anybody out there who went through the recertification process.  My # was taken off and need to be placed bac on the list, went through the motions emailing the recertification unit but no response?

Check DCAS and see. They usually don't respond per say but place you back

On 7/16/2021 at 8:48 AM, exj16 said:

Hey guys I have a question, it may sound stupid. I was finally sworn in last week for the 7/26 class after clearing medical hold (thank god). On one of the papers it says no bags or bags with wheels at school car. We can or can’t use backpacks? 

Duffle bags for school car. No shoulder straps. A back pack if the straps can be removed and/or carry it by the top handle they sometimes have

On 7/10/2021 at 6:55 PM, EgyptianEyez said:

i hoping they have classes for the next few months. If they do with we definitely have a chance of being called before the end of the year. Do anyone know if the have a Aug and a Sep class?

Probably Sept.

On 6/14/2021 at 8:40 PM, Tony77 said:

Can I get that email address?

My apologies, I’m realizing I never responded to you I had emailed Olha Olha.nyahay@nyct.com at the employment center, she’s very nice and helpful but very busy . It’s almost impossible to reach her by phone but always responds through email. Good luck and sorry again. 

4 hours ago, Sammohung said:

On Medical Hold, I have a lot more hoops to jump through now. 

Which is really irritating.

Don’t get discouraged just keep pushing forward. Even if you don’t get into the July class, you’ll get into the next one, gather all your medical clearance, school letters anything else thats missing so you can get into the upcoming class. I received my canvassing letter May 25th and just got sworn in on Friday, along with 2 others that had also received it around the same time. It wasn’t easy with medical hold, and other issues I had, now I feel like I can breathe for a little. Its a stressful process but just keep going. 

On 7/17/2021 at 6:38 PM, Imperfectlyki said:

Hi, question.. my list #2192 but I never received anything in the mail or a phone call, does that mean that my number was skipped?  

That's strange!!! Call the office and email the employment office cause you were skipped!!

On 7/16/2021 at 1:19 PM, EgyptianEyez said:

Okay good to know. Im in the high 2800's and so anxious to get started. Keep us posted and good luck with everything

Same here! I’m low 2800’s and eager to get started. Hopefully I get a call to start the process soon. 

3 hours ago, Finallynyc said:

Good Evening to all.  Update.  things went well last week. Im doing a zoom on the 26th and a class session on the 27th.  What is it like?  Also Im  trying to log into the safgard site to get boots.  Is it because I'm registering too soon ?

Congratulations!!!!! 

Zoom call easy. Class will jump right in. Bring a bag for your books and equipment.  Bring black pens and a notebook. Lots of reading!! And studying!! You'll climb on to a train from the tracks first week. It's pretty easy just follow what they show you. It's a deal breaker,  if you can't you will be chopped. Hands on will start week 2 but lots, lots, lots of reading. Classes will be 7-3 first week or so at the MTA school in Brooklyn.  Then you'll be at the yards. Road ops last 2 weeks. Midterms 1 written, multiple choice and a yard practical. Final, multiple choice too and a road practical. 

This is the basics. Keep in touch, you'll do fine. I was in the May class. I'm out on the road now in A division for a week now! It's pretty cool. Congratulations again!!!

You'll do great!!!

2 hours ago, JDS1057 said:

Anyone else in the July 26th class get an email to confirm different start time for Tuesday July 27th? 

Yup I did! Probably a morning and evening class? I know there’s a lot of conductors coming in. I can be wrong