Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

Another question.  Do you have Olha or 180 Livingston Street's number.  Its in regards to the safgard shoes. The site is still not recognizing my Pass and BSC  I tried emailing and safgard said check in with mta and I emailed some mta people and they didnt respond back yet.   Thanks in advance.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Finallynyc said:

Another question.  Do you have Olha or 180 Livingston Street's number.  Its in regards to the safgard shoes. The site is still not recognizing my Pass and BSC  I tried emailing and safgard said check in with mta and I emailed some mta people and they didnt respond back yet.   Thanks in advance.

Olha.nyahay@nyct.com and this is her number: (347)643-8217. The class should last 8hrs, so it will end around 11:30pm. I might be wrong.

7 minutes ago, Finallynyc said:

Good Evening. Just finished zoom. Start class tomorrow.  Do you know who long we will be doing classes before  I get a train line?

It’s going to be like 3 ‘months…..and you won’t get a line.. you’ll get A division or B division.. you’ll be on school for 3 months

Edited by VKravitz

7 minutes ago, Finallynyc said:

Good Evening. Just finished zoom. Start class tomorrow.  Do you know who long we will be doing classes before  I get a train line?

You mean on your own? When you finish school car and when you go posting but when you go posting you'll be with another conductor 

5 hours ago, Tony77 said:

Just an update, as of today I spoke to Olha and they’re up to the 2700’s. 

I was just placed back on the waiting list and my list# is 19** which definitely surpassed.  I was originally on medical hold last may before the height of the pandemic and sent in my release letter from the doctor within the same week. Since the pandemic, I was emailing a contact I had but no communication until a month ago, my friend advised me the MTA needed conductors so I got on my grind.

How can I speed up the process to get the ball rolling for the next pre-employment process?

2 minutes ago, yourehired said:

I was just placed back on the waiting list and my list# is 19** which definitely surpassed.  I was originally on medical hold last may before the height of the pandemic and sent in my release letter from the doctor within the same week. Since the pandemic, I was emailing a contact I had but no communication until a month ago, my friend advised me the MTA needed conductors so I got on my grind.

How can I speed up the process to get the ball rolling for the next pre-employment process?

Well the next class is in August so start the ball rolling now since you said you're back on the list. 

10 hours ago, Ytmh said:

Hey, has anyone in the high 2700s or low 2800s  receive an email or appointment for drug testing yet ?

No. But if the next class is in September we probably won't get it until August. I got a call a few weeks ago telling me to be on the lookout for next steps but nothing yet. Guess we'll just have t wait a little while longer. 

8 hours ago, yourehired said:

Well you have time. Today in school car, a TSS told us the next class will be in September since they don’t like to overlap classes. Get it done ASAP and try reaching out to Olha 

Good Morning to all.  Got up early to go over other emails and am doing my 401 now.  Few questions.  I know it sounds sily but What to put in the "Original Date Employed" box , the effective date or the reporting date from the sheet I was given prior to zoom and school? also How much do you recommend in sending in the "before tax contriubitons" (% or $) and also the Roth section and has anyone done the Goal Maker option?  Thanks.  Will save my draft and finish it later

1 hour ago, Finallynyc said:

Good Morning to all.  Got up early to go over other emails and am doing my 401 now.  Few questions.  I know it sounds sily but What to put in the "Original Date Employed" box , the effective date or the reporting date from the sheet I was given prior to zoom and school? also How much do you recommend in sending in the "before tax contriubitons" (% or $) and also the Roth section and has anyone done the Goal Maker option?  Thanks.  Will save my draft and finish it later

Your induction date/hire date is the Sunday's date prior to the zoom meeting. Weeks go Sunday thru Saturday. 401K is normally a percentage that you can update/change as you see fit. The goal maker option is what I have. Great choice for market fluctuations and risk management. Talk with the advisor and see what works for you. I signed up the day of my zoom call

12 minutes ago, Locodoco said:

When do we expect to pick up our paystub after it is issued? Anytime after the day it issued?  

Paychecks are available at the dispatch you requested after 3PM oon payday they are there till Monday then sent back to Livingston St.  Stubs are available on line

25 minutes ago, BreeBree said:

Paychecks are available at the dispatch you requested after 3PM oon payday they are there till Monday then sent back to Livingston St.  Stubs are available on line

Thank you. Another question regarding the health insurance enrollment form, should I email or fax it back to the bsc? and should i complete it asap? since it doesn't take in effect after 90 days. 

8 hours ago, Finallynyc said:

Set the contributions to what works for you. Traditional 401/457 will have the money taken before taxes (and you will get taxed at withdrawal time) and Roth is the opposite. I do 5% and it comes out to about $3,500/yr. (At my pay rate)