Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I scored a 90% 8 wrong....no were near as high as a hoped? but 8 wrong would still be a guaranteed call back right?

There's no real way to know, but if the list were kept open long enough, as 8094 was, you might get called in a few years.

I emailed them today asking them when my protest date was. They replied:

"We have been allowing people to protest for any session, we may need a couple minutes to find a test booklet for you."

"We have 2 more protest session tomorrow (fri 7/14) at 10AM and 1:30 PM, which is the only way for you to look at the test booklets. Otherwise, you can print out the attached form and describe why you think there is a problem with the way the question is written. The Protest is at 180 Livingston Street, 4th floor, Brooklyn NY, 11201. Mail it to the above address and add MTA Exams Protest 6601."

Anyone can show up today at 10 AM and 1:30 PM.

im going today to protest for 5/22 PM test. i got wrong, number 20,40,53...anyone got these wrong as well!? hope to see someone else come protest these questions so maybe they can be thrown out or have more than one answer, see anyone who is protesting for PM test around 1:30!

@Niku, good luck. Let us know how the protest session went.

I wasn't able to attend the protest session for my exam session.

I scored worse than I expected, 4 wrong, so 95%.

Hopefully one or two of the questions I got wrong will be invalidated.

And hopefully none of the questions I answered correctly will be invalidated, as it would feel worse to get a lower final score.

Speaking of which, does anyone have any idea when Transit will issue the list and begin hiring from it?

And hopefully none of the questions I answered correctly will be invalidated, as it would feel worse to get a lower final score.

Speaking of which, does anyone have any idea when Transit will issue the list and begin hiring from it?

Man I hope they'll throw out the question I got wrong too I'll do the moonwalk if I get a perfect score lol, and it takes up to a year to receive your score. It may be quicker since the MTA themselves are handling the list instead of DCAS. 

I hope they start calling from the promotional exam ASAP.

Edited by Jchambers2120

As someone stated earlier, you can attend a protest session even if it wasn't the one scheduled for your exam date and time. Just go there during a session and tell them what date you took the exam and whether it was AM or PM. If you can make it to a protest session, go. If not, then get the information for the post-protest but keep in mind that you will not see the exam booklet so you won't see the question, the MTA's correct answer and the answer you chose (the worded answers, not the A, B, C, or D multi-choice selection).

I've yet to see any MTA officials posting information here so you guys and girls asking about official information need to get in touch with the MTA toget the answers you seek.

Man I hope they'll throw out the question I got wrong too I'll do the moonwalk if I get a perfect score lol, and it takes up to a year to receive your score. It may be quicker since the MTA themselves are handling the list instead of DCAS.

I hope they start calling from the promotional exam ASAP.

Promotional gets first dibs. I think the promotional exams were administered back in January.

For those that haven't attended a protest session, there is no pleading your case orally. You get the exam booklet, the proposed answer sheet and a sheet to explain why your answer to a question is just as good or better than the MTA's correct question. Once you're done writing and hand everything in that's it.

The eligible list is months and months away from being created and posted so really, you need to put it back in your mind for now. There was a promotional Conductor's exam also and those who passed wll be able to become conductor's before any of us get the chance. It's a ways off. The 8094 exam eligible list doesn't expire until February of 2017 so use that as a gauge if ou will.

Edited by NanaMac

Transit says that the conductor should advise the lost and heavily accented passenger that he get on the train and take further instruction from there. I contended that the conductor can't assume the lost passenger actually wants the train on which the conductor is working on. I chose the answer that advises the passenger to look for the transit map on the platform. I don't know if I'll get that one.

Transit says that the conductor should advise the lost and heavily accented passenger that he get on the train and take further instruction from there. I contended that the conductor can't assume the lost passenger actually wants the train on which the conductor is working on. I chose the answer that advises the passenger to look for the transit map on the platform. I don't know if I'll get that one.

I'm sorry but which question and test date was yours

I went to contest this same question today also. I had the same answer. I was stuck on that question for a while during the test. I'm not sure if I'll get that one reversed though. 

Edited by Json

The key shows two trains that travel local in Brooklyn late nights. That one was easy and I expect to get that back.

No, I got fooled on that one too. They wanted to know which train operated ONLY local and nothing else late nights.

I remember that one. I went in with the logic that if he has a accent and is lost he probably wouldn't even know how to read a subway map,

I actually had something similar happen to me. A man with a heavy accent came to me for help. We were at Nevins Street on the n/b platform and he wanted to get to Eastern Parkway-Brooklyn Museum. 

The question with the which trains run local in Brooklyn late nights was simple too, the answer was essentially in the booklet.

I went today to the protest session and everyone there had more than 6+ wrong, some guy was even happy that he passed....I think we are worrying to much because we are actually serious about this...I contested question 53 for the pm session. It went something " if a person with a heavy accent comes to you for directions what is the most appropriate thing to do"... The correct answer for this question in the answer key was to give the man a pen and pencil and for him to write in his native language...my rebuttal went something like this " if the mans native language was French, German, or Hungarian how would I know what he is writing in the paper if I can only read and write English." The answer I chose was "to direct the man to the closest subway map" because he would have more luck with a picture and a diagram then me reading his native language that he has written for me in pencil or pen ..what do you think guys?

sorry for the lengthy post.

8 people from 5/22 am

3 people from 5/22 pm

And 2 people from a April test, the person administering the protest session wasn't going to give them their test to protest but she was being nice..

I was told by that lady the list from 6601 will be valid for 4 years. With all the new lines, extra service, etc., how long will it be until you are called with 6 wrong? Or will you be called at all?

I got to the protest late and I was there maybe 15 minutes the most and there seemed to be more than 8 people in the room. 5/22 am question #47 deals with the two local trains operating local in Brooklyn during late nights. Based on the question, there are two correct answers. The J and R trains. Local in Brooklyn is the key.