Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, EgyptianEyez said:

Hey everyone, I went down to 180 today for my drug test and i just notice that i didn't get the famous 21pg folder. Did they forget to give it to me or did they stop giving those out?

Idk what the 21 page folder is but I didn’t get it either.  I went for drug testing today also.  They had me review the packet I sent in June, complete the actually drug test and was done. 

45 minutes ago, EgyptianEyez said:

Hey everyone, I went down to 180 today for my drug test and i just notice that i didn't get the famous 21pg folder. Did they forget to give it to me or did they stop giving those out?

I didn’t get any folder. Just peed and left. 

9 minutes ago, Ytmh said:

Idk what the 21 page folder is but I didn’t get it either.  I went for drug testing today also.  They had me review the packet I sent in June, complete the actually drug test and was done. 

Same. Never heard of such a folder. Just pissed in the cup and went home. 

14 minutes ago, Tony77 said:

Same. Never heard of such a folder. Just pissed in the cup and went home. 

Oh trust they use to give it out. It was a 21pg application. You had to write out all your jobs, and criminal history. It required way more detailed info of work history. I got it last year right b4 they shut down everything for Covid. It was for a different job title tho. Im glad they not given it out anymore. Lol It was way to much

@EgyptianEyez is talking about the Comprehensive Personnel Document. It can be found on the main Transit Employment Forum landing page (the page you get to before you can get to this thread or the many other B/O and T/O threads). Here is a link to the document.

Edited by NanaMac
Grammar/punctuation correction

1 hour ago, EgyptianEyez said:

Oh trust they use to give it out. It was a 21pg application. You had to write out all your jobs, and criminal history. It required way more detailed info of work history. I got it last year right b4 they shut down everything for Covid. It was for a different job title tho. Im glad they not given it out anymore. Lol It was way to much

Oh boy I’m glad I didn’t have to do that. I’ve done that for my job before. Takes hours and it’s incorrect, they’ll send it right back 

5 minutes ago, EgyptianEyez said:

Wow that was fast. Congrats. Whats your list # and what day do you go in for it?

Yea it really was !  I did my drug test yesterday (Monday) and the medical is scheduled for Friday morning. My list number is 2,79* 

5 minutes ago, Ytmh said:

Yea it really was !  I did my drug test yesterday (Monday) and the medical is scheduled for Friday morning. My list number is 2,79* 

The best part about being called for medical is that the job is basically yours. You just have to be cleared by the medical. So congrats again. Now im just waiting for my call. List # 287*

4 hours ago, EgyptianEyez said:

The best part about being called for medical is that the job is basically yours. You just have to be cleared by the medical. So congrats again. Now im just waiting for my call. List # 287*

I’m 284X and didn’t get called for medical =( ugh I hope I get called soon. 

4 hours ago, Ytmh said:

Did my drug test on Monday too but didn’t get any correspondence about a medical. 

Edited by Tony77

13 minutes ago, Tony77 said:

Did my drug test on Monday too but didn’t get any correspondence about a medical. 

His list number is lower than ours so im pretty sure that's why he got called 1st. His is in 279* range. We got this. Im just wondering if they called @Harlem since his list number is in the high 2700's too. 

14 minutes ago, EgyptianEyez said:

His list number is lower than ours so im pretty sure that's why he got called 1st. His is in 279* range. We got this. Im just wondering if they called @Harlem since his list number is in the high 2700's too. 

Makes sense. I hope we’re right behind him to get the call for medical and that September class

I received a text and a phone call with an automated system saying.. "New York City Transit is considering you for a Conductor position and invites to our facility at M T A New York City Transit 1 8 0 Livingston Street 5th floor, Brooklyn NY, 1120"

It said to check my email for details but I didn't receive any email. Can anyone give me some insight on what to bring/what to expect?  I recently reinstated my name on the list, my list numbers in the 2,200s

Edited by Camean

12 minutes ago, Camean said:

I received a text and a phone call with an automated system saying.. "New York City Transit is considering you for a Conductor position and invites to our facility at M T A New York City Transit 1 8 0 Livingston Street 5th floor, Brooklyn NY, 1120"

It said to check my email for details but I didn't receive any email. Can anyone give me some insight on what to bring/what to expect?  I recently reinstated my name on the list, my list numbers in the 2,200s

Check in a few mins, if you don’t get the email, call Ms Olha at (347) 643-8217. Bring your passport or birth certificate, your HS diploma, drivers license or non-drivers IR, SS card & water; you’ll be be drug tested via urine. Do NOT bring copies of the aforementioned documents. They want ONLY originals. 

I've seen a ton of new conductors taking their midterm or newly induction at the mta school just want to congratulate everybody who's and who's coming in as well. I was gonna say hi to you guys/girls today but you guys had your own clique and didn't want to intrude.