Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

29 minutes ago, Schecter said:

I've seen a ton of new conductors taking their midterm or newly induction at the mta school just want to congratulate everybody who's and who's coming in as well. I was gonna say hi to you guys/girls today but you guys had your own clique and didn't want to intrude.

Well feel free to say hi if you see me. I’m not a clique-ish kind of person. I’m cordial for some small talk but I pretty much stay to myself. 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Tony77 said:

Well feel free to say hi if you see me. I’m not a clique-ish kind of person. I’m cordial for some small talk but I pretty much stay to myself. 

Was the call for medical a live person or another automated message? Also did they send you more paperwork to fill out?

Just now, Tony77 said:

Idk how anybody looks my last day at ps248 before road ops was today saw a ton of new conductors was very proud of them all. We have cbtc training tomorrow on the L and then road ops then posting.

2 hours ago, Tony77 said:

Check in a few mins, if you don’t get the email, call Ms Olha at (347) 643-8217. Bring your passport or birth certificate, your HS diploma, drivers license or non-drivers IR, SS card & water; you’ll be be drug tested via urine. Do NOT bring copies of the aforementioned documents. They want ONLY originals. 

Thank you so much for this information. Lastly, is there any particular way to dress? Or is this a non formal event?

1 hour ago, EgyptianEyez said:

Was the call for medical a live person or another automated message? Also did they send you more paperwork to fill out?

An email and then a live person. And yes, the email contained a ton of paperwork. 

13 minutes ago, Camean said:

Thank you so much for this information. Lastly, is there any particular way to dress? Or is this a non formal event?

Business causal. No suit and tie needed, but don’t show up in jeans and a football jersey. A polo shirt and regular khakis is what I wore for the drug test. 

1 hour ago, EgyptianEyez said:

Yup im here know. Ugh im the one with the white and black shirt and black skirt. Say hi lol

I’m the one dosing off waiting to be called by this doctor lol. White shirt. Navy pants. Glasses, big greasy forehead lol

Edited by Tony77

Hey Guys,

Long time reader on this thread first time poster. I'm here at 180 for my drug test etc. How long can I expect to wait? My appointment was at 10:15 and I've already checked in and now waiting to be called. Wondering what else is involved today. I see people talking about money orders. Is that something that happens another day when I get called back for Medical?

Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, MainStreetBound7 said:

Hey Guys,

Long time reader on this thread first time poster. I'm here at 180 for my drug test etc. How long can I expect to wait? My appointment was at 10:15 and I've already checked in and now waiting to be called. Wondering what else is involved today. I see people talking about money orders. Is that something that happens another day when I get called back for Medical?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah that's the day of the medical you bring in a money order.

7 minutes ago, MainStreetBound7 said:

Hey Guys,

Thanks in advance.

Yeah you’ll just be peeing in a cup today. You’ll bring a money order for medical which they’ll tell you about in an email

Edited by Tony77