Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

20 minutes ago, MainStreetBound7 said:

Hey Guys,

Freaking out a little over here. I got called in tomorrow at 6:30 for medical. I'm trying to do the Cority questionnaire. I was originally sent by Ms Olha an example sheet for bus operator. I spoke to her earlier today and she assured me that once I go online that there would be one for conductor. I'm on there now and theres no such thing. Did anyone else experience this? 

Dont worry because mostly everyone including myself did the one on the paper and they just had us do it on the computer there. Just make sure you complete the attached documents. 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, MainStreetBound7 said:

Hey Guys,

Freaking out a little over here. I got called in tomorrow at 6:30 for medical. I'm trying to do the Cority questionnaire. I was originally sent by Ms Olha an example sheet for bus operator. I spoke to her earlier today and she assured me that once I go online that there would be one for conductor. I'm on there now and theres no such thing. Did anyone else experience this? 

Type in OHS-HQ and when you done with that one type in HEARCONS. Both have to be done

Sup Guys and Congrats to the new group under me.  Just to update.  Passed the pratical and midterms and start posting tomorrow for two weeks, then the road and finals.  Not worried about the finals.  Would anyone mind sharing their experiences with posting and road praticals.  Thanks in advance. This board did curb the anxiety and kept me level headed in school.  

20 minutes ago, Krystal said:

Does anyone know what number they are up to in the mta 6601 train conductor test? Does anyone know if the exam 6601 train conductor test is going to be extended into 2022?

Yeah its gonna be extended 100%, they haven't even announced a new test so it's gonna go past its experitation date. I think another 2 to 3 years.

On 8/30/2021 at 2:42 PM, BreeBree said:

Check their website you can see if you've been restored they often don't respond 

Thanks for the response. I checked the open data civil service list my name is still on there. They sent me numerous canvas letters in June but my current job wouldn't give me the day off so I missed my appointments. Is there anyone I can reach out to try and get another appointment? I spoke with Ms Olha and she said she couldn't help. 

1 hour ago, Krystal said:

Does anyone know what number they are up to in the mta 6601 train conductor test? Does anyone know if the exam 6601 train conductor test is going to be extended into 2022?

Pretty sure they’re in the mid 2800’s by now. I’d call (347) 643-8217 or email rtoemploymentoperations@nyct.com and ask. You’d probably get a quicker response by email as they don’t answer the phone that much. They seem to answer in the late afternoons though. 

7 minutes ago, Tony77 said:

Pretty sure they’re in the mid 2800’s by now. I’d call (347) 643-8217 or email rtoemploymentoperations@nyct.com and ask. You’d probably get a quicker response by email as they don’t answer the phone that much. They seem to answer in the late afternoons though. 

Nah they pass those numbers already. They calling almost to 3000

On 8/30/2021 at 8:13 PM, playtoannoy said:

I was told I was removed when I came in person to have my medical hold cleared which was  dry frustrating as i had to jump through hoops to get the docs they wanted. So I went home empty handed a few weeks ago. I emailed in asking to be cleared and nothing for weeks. I started blowing up every phone number and email I had and didn’t get much feedback. 

Then a few hours ago, I was invited back in to start over. So hoping to make the next class now that I have been through the drug test and medical process and have all of my clearances now.  Should be a breeze. 

I just logged onto the list and saw my name, but nothing has changed as far as any date or extension next to my name. So I don’t know how one would know if they have been reinstated or not. I’m just guessing that the email for the drug test I just got means I’m back on the list. 

You're reinstated

Good luck!