Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Conductor 6601 Hiring Process


whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

CONDUCTOR #6601

List Status Update: 9/08/2019 This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $22.14 and increases to $31.63

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial P/E: (1800s); For Medical: (Last Known - 1300s)

Classes Scheduled: Unknown

Recommended Posts

Hi I recently applied for a conductor position. I have a few questions. First I keep heating about medical hold. I already know I have high blood pressure and are taking meds for it. Should I go to my Dr before I go for medical to have a clearance letter handy? Are there any strict rules about tattoos? Will they still be testing for Marijuana even though it's legal in nyc now? And if so will a medical prescription be accepted?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, DonV said:

Hi I recently applied for a conductor position. I have a few questions. First I keep heating about medical hold. I already know I have high blood pressure and are taking meds for it. Should I go to my Dr before I go for medical to have a clearance letter handy? Are there any strict rules about tattoos? Will they still be testing for Marijuana even though it's legal in nyc now? And if so will a medical prescription be accepted?

- You should get a clearance letter before you go to the medical. It will make everything easier.

- There are no rules about tattoos.

- They will be testing for marijuana. Even though it's legal this title will not allow you to use it or have it in your system. You will be disqualified.

- A medical prescription will not be accepted. It won't make any difference. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Harlem said:

- You should get a clearance letter before you go to the medical. It will make everything easier.

- There are no rules about tattoos.

- They will be testing for marijuana. Even though it's legal this title will not allow you to use it or have it in your system. You will be disqualified.

- A medical prescription will not be accepted. It won't make any difference. 

Do you start on the 13th

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, DonV said:

Hi I recently applied for a conductor position. I have a few questions. First I keep heating about medical hold. I already know I have high blood pressure and are taking meds for it. Should I go to my Dr before I go for medical to have a clearance letter handy? Are there any strict rules about tattoos? Will they still be testing for Marijuana even though it's legal in nyc now? And if so will a medical prescription be accepted?

Even though Marijuana is legal it's still federally illegal which still makes it illegal on the federal level. If you come up positive you'll be DQed if you smoked postpone the drug test until you're clean it'll be your best bet.  Type in Google MTA drug testing policy and click the first link and you'll read what they test for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey fellow conductors that past school car this year and are out on the road, did you guys get your uniforms yet? I know there was a change in vendors and everything is behind. I’m going to be rapping up posting soon and still haven’t gotten uniforms yet lol I’m kind of tired of wearing this safety vest everyday and was hoping I’d have regular uniform by the time I get out on the road  LOL 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/4/2021 at 3:34 AM, DonV said:

Hi I recently applied for a conductor position. I have a few questions. First I keep heating about medical hold. I already know I have high blood pressure and are taking meds for it. Should I go to my Dr before I go for medical to have a clearance letter handy? Are there any strict rules about tattoos? Will they still be testing for Marijuana even though it's legal in nyc now? And if so will a medical prescription be accepted?

Mary Jane is a 110% no-no with transit. Your drug test must be clean or you won't get the job. Even though it's "legal", you cannot smoke and be an employee as this job involves too much safety; they don't want people who are high to be in charge of movement of buses/trains. Sorry if that sounds harsh but it is what it is. As for medical hold, I suggest getting in contact with your doctor ASAP some he/she can write a note 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello everyone,

Been reading these forums for years but never made an account. I'm on the list for conductor. Took the drug test on 9/3 and just got a call from Ms. Olha to come in to do medical tomorrow. They have a class starting Monday 9/13 that they are trying to fill. I am part of the fat neck/hairy chest gang lol so I'm probably going straight to medical hold and having to do a sleep apnea test. My list number is 304x for those who might want to know. I do not know what list number they are up to but there were lots of conductor hopefuls doing drug testing on 9/3. Just keep watch for emails and calls if your list number is in the 3000s and low 4000s I guess. And lose weight now if you need to. Don't be like me on pins and needles about tomorrow lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, beelinefan said:

Any idea when the next class might start after 9/13?  I got a medical hold today and will most likely not be able to clear it by Monday

Most likely November 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Placed on medical hold like I assumed. 100 days to get off of it but they said get it done yesterday. Already have a doctor's appointment but it's a week away. 😖

They seem to need conductors bad. There were some retired TSS's there coming in to get back to work doing schoolcar training.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TraDon said:

Placed on medical hold like I assumed. 100 days to get off of it but they said get it done yesterday. Already have a doctor's appointment but it's a week away. 😖

They seem to need conductors bad. There were some retired TSS's there coming in to get back to work doing schoolcar training.  

You got this they need a crap ton of conductors trust me they're gonna be hiring way more you'll get the job man just be as fast as you can with the doctor. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/4/2021 at 3:34 AM, DonV said:

Will they still be testing for Marijuana even though it's legal in nyc now? And if so will a medical prescription be accepted?

Get it out of your system or you can forget about this Job...

They don't play with this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/9/2021 at 1:31 PM, TraDon said:

Placed on medical hold like I assumed. 100 days to get off of it but they said get it done yesterday. Already have a doctor's appointment but it's a week away. 😖

They seem to need conductors bad. There were some retired TSS's there coming in to get back to work doing schoolcar training.  

Here's a word of advice  if you are diagnosed as Mild you wont have any issues...

Anything more than that say hello to being checked every six months for the rest of your time down here to see if you are in compliance. 

Get it done fast they really need bodies especially in the B Div... Good Luck.

Edited by RTOMan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

Here's a word of advice  if you are diagnosed as Mild you wont have any issues...

Anything more than that say hello to being checked every six months for the rest of your time down here to see if you are in compliance. 

Get it done fast they really need bodies especially in the B Div... Good Luck.

Thanks. I'm okay with being checked whenever if I do have more than a mild case.

B Division was going to be my choice if I made the 9/13 class. That decision was the only thing that was really making me nervous. I am so far from the Bronx.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, TraDon said:

Thanks. I'm okay with being checked whenever if I do have more than a mild case.

B Division was going to be my choice if I made the 9/13 class. That decision was the only thing that was really making me nervous. I am so far from the Bronx.

Great if you are around 179 on the PMs look for the tall bald light skinned quiet guy that's me heh...

Since my CR is out a lot most likely youll  be working with me i get all the new folks...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RTOMan said:

Great if you are around 179 on the PMs look for the tall bald light skinned quiet guy that's me heh...

Since my CR is out a lot most likely youll  be working with me i get all the new folks...

I'm making it my mission to get hired. Hope to see you all out there.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Get it out of your system or you can forget about this Job...

They don't play with this

Thanks for the advice. This part is no problem. I'm tested on my other job. I was more curious than anything since they changed the rules for the tlc drug testing.my main issue was the whole "fat neck" means sleep apnea problem I heard about. I'm on blood pressure meds now so when I see my doctor tomorrow I have to ask him for something written for it. DOT didn't pass me for my blood pressure before I was on meds for a driving job. 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, EgyptianEyez said:

52 C/R in the class only 8 spots for the B and the rest was for the A. Ugh i had to go to the A so annoyed because i live in Brooklyn. Just my luck!

Yeah that happened  to you because my class (July) majority of my classmates chose the B division (better division) and about two people were forced to go to the A. They only had about 20 students out of 70 go to the A division. The rest of of us are B. I’m sure next class everyone will be able to choose again 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, exj16 said:

Yeah that happened  to you because my class (July) majority of my classmates chose the B division (better division) and about two people were forced to go to the A. They only had about 20 students out of 70 go to the A division. The rest of of us are B. I’m sure next class everyone will be able to choose again 

Yeah yeah yeah just rub it in my face. "B division (best division). 😫😭😭😭

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, EgyptianEyez said:

52 C/R in the class only 8 spots for the B and the rest was for the A. Ugh i had to go to the A so annoyed because i live in Brooklyn. Just my luck!

Same here. I was really bummed about that today. I was hoping to get B myself since I live in Queens. The trek to the BX ain’t gonna be fun. Guess I’ll be taking advantage of the free LIRR to Midtown since I live right by it. 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.