Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

6 hours ago, exj16 said:

Yeah that happened  to you because my class (July) majority of my classmates chose the B division (better division) and about two people were forced to go to the A. They only had about 20 students out of 70 go to the A division. The rest of of us are B. I’m sure next class everyone will be able to choose again 

Our classed really got cursed today 😒

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, exj16 said:

You can always transfer to the B division after a year I think lol 

nope thats not what they said. The only way we can switch is when we can actually pick which can be years. Unless they really need ppl and they take us from the A. They might ask us or just draft the ones with less seniority.

2 hours ago, exj16 said:

You can always transfer to the B division after a year I think lol 

nope thats not what they said. The only way we can switch is when we can actually pick which can be years. Unless they really need ppl and they take us from the A. They might ask us or just draft the ones with less seniority.

6 hours ago, Rafael Azafrani said:

Hello, I have a question and I was hoping to get some guidance.  I scored really well on this test, (top 100) but I deferred the test years ago, I would have been in the first class.  I was wondering, how I would be able to get myself back on the list?  Any guidance would be appreciated.

I think you have to call DCAS; not sure how the process work but I’m pretty sure you have to contact them. 

19 hours ago, Tony77 said:

Same here. I was really bummed about that today. I was hoping to get B myself since I live in Queens. The trek to the BX ain’t gonna be fun. Guess I’ll be taking advantage of the free LIRR to Midtown since I live right by it. 

what part of Queens you live in?

I use to have to report to Far Rockaway, Stillwell, and it was a nightmare from Northern Queens, I needed at least 2 hours, even to PS248

Reporting to A divison in Bronx locations I would think it would be more accessible than downtown Brooklyn, more trains and you are lucky if the LIRR is close to you.

👍good luck in school car, it's a lot more than just opening and closing doors lol

59 minutes ago, hh1a said:

what part of Queens you live in?

I use to have to report to Far Rockaway, Stillwell, and it was a nightmare from Northern Queens, I needed at least 2 hours, even to PS248

Reporting to A divison in Bronx locations I would think it would be more accessible than downtown Brooklyn, more trains and you are lucky if the LIRR is close to you.

👍good luck in school car, it's a lot more than just opening and closing doors lol

Thanks for the luck - I’ll need it lol. And I’m in South Jamaica. 

15 minutes ago, elvis G said:

great to see all the positivity and help we do to eachother....would anyone know what # they up to on the list.. im in the 79xx hoping i get called

Not sure the exact number but my list number is 304x and I did medical on 9/9. I'm on hold but others who passed started class on 9/13. My guess is they are probably in to the upper 3000's as far as canvassing is concerned. At 79xx you've got a bit to wait. If the hiring keeps going at the same clip then maybe they will get to you some time next year? 🤷‍♂️

14 minutes ago, TraDon said:

Not sure the exact number but my list number is 304x and I did medical on 9/9. I'm on hold but others who passed started class on 9/13. My guess is they are probably in to the upper 3000's as far as canvassing is concerned. At 79xx you've got a bit to wait. If the hiring keeps going at the same clip then maybe they will get to you some time next year? 🤷‍♂️

awesome thanks for the info...i hope they extend it since its set to expire on feb 🙃

1 hour ago, exj16 said:

Hey guys! I have some good news. A TSS told us the October class is going to have 100 students!

My TSS just said next class will be about 40 and the Nov class will have 100 and its also going to be an Dec class too. So if anyone is  waiting to be called. Get ready because they need a lot of C/R. Keep an look out for those emails.

14 minutes ago, TraDon said:

So hopefully once I get my sleep apnea test done I will have a spot in one of those classes.

I just finished posting (which was fun) and passed my finals and while at  PS 248 this week, our instructor who’s an assistant to the superintendent informed us about the situation/shortage of conductors and the huge class for October. Try to get it done ASAP. The quicker you get it resolved, the sooner you get sworn in. I was in a similar situation where they placed me on hold because of my EKG. I got it resolved within 2 days and sworn in instantly. I’m telling you, They’re in dire need of conductors.  Plus you coming in will help me in terms of seniority since I’m going to be out on my own now LOL jk good luck!

29 minutes ago, exj16 said:

I just finished posting (which was fun) and passed my finals and while at  PS 248 this week, our instructor who’s an assistant to the superintendent informed us about the situation/shortage of conductors and the huge class for October. Try to get it done ASAP. The quicker you get it resolved, the sooner you get sworn in. I was in a similar situation where they placed me on hold because of my EKG. I got it resolved within 2 days and sworn in instantly. I’m telling you, They’re in dire need of conductors.  Plus you coming in will help me in terms of seniority since I’m going to be out on my own now LOL jk good luck!

what was your list #? and you have to take another test?

6 minutes ago, elvis G said:

what was your list #? and you have to take another test?

My list number was in the 2400s and yeah during school car you will have to take a mid term, 2 practical exams (Yard and Road) and the finals (multiple choice exam) . Both exams are easy if you pay attention in class and spend about 20 minutes rereading your notes everyday. If you fail the midterms or finals you get to retake it but instead of it being multiple choice, it’s fill in the blank which is actually harder lol practicals are not hard either 

2 minutes ago, exj16 said:

My list number was in the 2400s and yeah during school car you will have to take a mid term, 2 practical exams (Yard and Road) and the finals (multiple choice exam) . Both exams are easy if you pay attention in class and spend about 20 minutes rereading your notes everyday. If you fail the midterms or finals you get to retake it but instead of it being multiple choice, it’s fill in the blank which is actually harder lol practicals are not hard either 

thank you soo much...im # 79xx hoping they get to me!!!!!!!!