Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, MPJ95 said:

Hey, I have a question. I was looking at DCAS and my list number was originally 704# but I’m not sure about the certification number that I have is the new list number I’m placed at ? The certificate number is 43xx

Your list number does not change. In your case it is still 704x. The certification number is for people currently being considered for the job. There is always an allotment of list numbers that are certified. Only those list numbers that have been certified will be picked from at that time.

On 9/28/2021 at 1:06 PM, Vlissengen said:

Hey , I just got an email/automated call offering me the conductor position too; thing is , I’m already in as a track worker.

any advise as to change jobs or to stay as a track worker? I might wind up deferring to just to wait in deciding for now. I’m a bit older than most applicants and I’m interested more in a stable schedule than anything else. The on call aspect early on for conductors doesn’t sound appealing to me 

Do you enjoy track worker, what are the retirement packages they offer and what are the pros and cons of working as a track worker in your opinion ?

Hey everyone,

I was contacted in 2019 to come in for my OPA for the 6601 Conductor but I missed it because I had moved and found out when I updated my address. I have contacted the make-up exams email to ask them when they will offer the make-up OPA and they have said soon, but they've been saying that for a while now. Does anyone have any insight or info about this, especially in lieu of the fact that they need to hire a lot of people at the moment? My list number is 36**.  I want to be contacted and potentially be able to start before this exam expires. 

Also, if you are hired or start the process is it possible to switch jobs if you wanted to be a Train Operator instead of Conductor? 

Thanks and good luck, everyone! 

Congratulations to the New Hires!

If any of you are on Facebook i suggest (just a bit of advice)you look for and join the  RTO part of Unions Facebook Page...

Rapid Transit Review....

They have Union Reps on that Page ask any question...

Ask more questions know your rights.

Im sure Eric and Company will say it  if they haven't already..

On 10/5/2021 at 9:07 PM, TraDon said:

Your list number does not change. In your case it is still 704x. The certification number is for people currently being considered for the job. There is always an allotment of list numbers that are certified. Only those list numbers that have been certified will be picked from at that time.

Ohh okay thanks, I’ve got some waiting to do 

I recently got called in to take the Medical exam and fingerprints for the Mta Conductor. I no longer live in NYC and am unsure if taking the job is a good idea because of the possible commute. My question is whether you get to select a preferred borough to work after schoolcar or is it random placement?

21 minutes ago, Sharif said:

I recently got called in to take the Medical exam and fingerprints for the Mta Conductor. I no longer live in NYC and am unsure if taking the job is a good idea because of the possible commute. My question is whether you get to select a preferred borough to work after schoolcar or is it random placement?

What’s up Sharif, I’m certain someone will answer this question very soon. If yu don’t mind me asking approximately what was your list number? 

23 minutes ago, Sharif said:

It's gonna be random placement after school car you'll be extra extra and they'll send you where they need to send you. I experienced this as a conductor in the A division extra extra being sent everywhere different times and different locations they kept me PMs for like a year so I was fortunate because I loved PMs. After school car you're at the mercy of the crew office... good luck.