Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those that are in school car now, try to get your instructors to help you get comfortable talking on the radio to RCC and going over different situations in which they’ll call you or you’ll call them and how to respond because once you get out on your own, that’s it,  on your own. Not every Train Operator are cool and are going to answer for you. Door cutouts won’t be the only thing you’ll call them for. Not trying to scare anyone but RCC can be ruthless. I’ve heard them destroy conductors over the radio 

On 10/6/2021 at 12:42 AM, hh1a said:

Do you enjoy track worker, what are the retirement packages they offer and what are the pros and cons of working as a track worker in your opinion ?

I do, it’s a physical job to be sure but it’s never boring. 

for retirement, you have NYCERS where being a city employee, you pay a percentage Out of your check for a pension. The MTA also offers 401/457K plans, although they don’t match your contribution.

pros : lots of downtime during shifts, easy to make OT depending on where you pick, lots of positions to move up to (supervisor , third rail, signals, etc.)

Cons: very Physically demanding, inherently a dangerous job (trips,slip, fall hazards all around you) , lots of health issues to consider (steel dust, creosote,  noise from trains, etc).

in all, if you have the strength and will to do it, it’ll be a good first job within the TA

Hey everyone, my friend just got an email from Transit (I wish there was a way  share the screen shot )  stating the list is set to expire 2/14/22 and are instead offering transit cleaner positions with starting pay 17.32 an hour with increasing increments to 23.10 after 36 months on the job with the usual  benefits. It seems like they are not going to extend the list as most have thought 

1 hour ago, exj16 said:

Hey everyone, my friend just got an email from Transit (I wish there was a way  share the screen shot )  stating the list is set to expire 2/14/22 and are instead offering transit cleaner positions with starting pay 17.32 an hour with increasing increments to 23.10 after 36 months on the job with the usual  benefits. It seems like they are not going to extend the list as most have thought 

That's wild cause they haven't even announced a new test or anything, what's your friends list number range?

8 minutes ago, dman1455 said:

That's wild cause they haven't even announced a new test or anything, what's your friends list number range?

I was apart of the summer class this year with my list number being in the 2300s. Hers number is in the 7k. right now I think they’re hiring in the 3000s or about to hit 4K. I’m not too sure. 

6 minutes ago, ronZO215 said:

I got placed on medical hold bc of my big ass neck(18 lol). gotta do that sleep study smh

Didn't they shut down schoolcar training bc of covid? If so, hopefully they take that into consideration and not let that list expire by 2/14. 

Hey bro, nah the email/job offer they sent her states that it’s expiring on 2/14/21 and didn’t mention anything about extending the list. On the bright side. They’re having induction classes every month up until march

16 hours ago, ronZO215 said:

I got placed on medical hold bc of my big ass neck(18 lol). gotta do that sleep study smh

Didn't they shut down schoolcar training bc of covid? If so, hopefully they take that into consideration and not let that list expire by 2/14. 

It’s tentatively scheduled to end 2/14, but there’s no exam to replace it with. As short as they are they’re not going to kill if the list & not have another one to replace it  I can almost guarantee they’ll extend it for another year.

1 hour ago, Jchambers2120 said:

It’s tentatively scheduled to end 2/14, but there’s no exam to replace it with. As short as they are they’re not going to kill if the list & not have another one to replace it  I can almost guarantee they’ll extend it for another year.

Something tells me that they will extend this list next year after 2/14/22 and since this falls under DCAS testing more than likely it will get extended. 

For example:  Bus operator test 4600 was scheduled to expire on 1/6/21. However, that got extended until 1/6/22. 

5 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Best news I've gotten all year, thanks! 

27 minutes ago, Tony77 said:

First day of posting tomorrow. Super nervous. Excited but super anxious. 

What line will you be posting on? And don’t be! This job isn’t hard at all. The best advice I have for you is to not pick up the bad habits you see conductors are doing. That and take notes on how each terminal work because some like the D, M, R, J and even the W are a little weird