Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Jj21 said:

I got the email for the pre employment process but need to reschedule my appointment cause I’m away right now. I’ve tried calling the employment number but it just rings. Is there any other way to get into contact with somebody?

Dam...try and make it because I heard they barely reschedule...and what # were you in the list if you don't mind me asking?

1 hour ago, Jj21 said:

I got the email for the pre employment process but need to reschedule my appointment cause I’m away right now. I’ve tried calling the employment number but it just rings. Is there any other way to get into contact with somebody?

Try emailing these people:

RTOEmploymentOperations@nyct.com
Nayibel.Mejia-Burbano@nyct.com

Michelle Riverva-Vargas @ (347) 643-8218 Michelle.Rivera-Vargas@nyct.com

Olha Nyahay @ (347) 643-8217 Olha.nyahay@nyct.com

Also, try Emma Marie Rivera (manager of employment operations and EVP/human resources)

(347) 643-8523

Emma.Rivera@nyct.com

As well as Patricia Lodge (image info below)

1050653838_VPLodgeBusinessCard.jpg.7f16a

2 hours ago, elvis G said:

Dam...try and make it because I heard they barely reschedule...and what # were you in the list if you don't mind me asking?

I can’t make it. I’m in quarantine right now. I tested negative though. I’m in the 4700s.

1 hour ago, TraDon said:

Try emailing these people:

RTOEmploymentOperations@nyct.com
Nayibel.Mejia-Burbano@nyct.com

Michelle Riverva-Vargas @ (347) 643-8218 Michelle.Rivera-Vargas@nyct.com

Olha Nyahay @ (347) 643-8217 Olha.nyahay@nyct.com

Also, try Emma Marie Rivera (manager of employment operations and EVP/human resources)

(347) 643-8523

Emma.Rivera@nyct.com

As well as Patricia Lodge (image info below)

1050653838_VPLodgeBusinessCard.jpg.7f16a

Thanks so much. I emailed each one, so hopefully somebody will reach out.

3 hours ago, Jj21 said:

You in the 4700s and you got an email for pre employment? Does it have a date for you or is it just a canvass.

Hello,

Has anyone encountered issues creating their Saf-Gard account to order their boots?  I have reached out to Saf-Gard and they told me my pass number is not on an eligible list to order. Is there someone I could email from NYCT to assist with this? I have reached out to HROrientation@nyct.com and have not gotten a response yet.

2 hours ago, TommyT said:

Hello,

Has anyone encountered issues creating their Saf-Gard account to order their boots?  I have reached out to Saf-Gard and they told me my pass number is not on an eligible list to order. Is there someone I could email from NYCT to assist with this? I have reached out to HROrientation@nyct.com and have not gotten a response yet.

Earlier in this thread people have mentioned having issues with them. Try going back to read what advice was given.

14 hours ago, Rodr13 said:

Hey guys just got the email for my appointment next week, for the application my first job was in 2015 but I graduated from HS in 2014 does that time period count as unemployed?

Yes. Anything from HS graduation and on you must put down. Just mark the time from graduation until you started your first job as unemployed. If you were a college student or in some sort of training program put "Unemployed - Attending college" or something along those lines.

On 10/22/2021 at 4:42 PM, Rodr13 said:

Hey guys just got the email for my appointment next week, for the application my first job was in 2015 but I graduated from HS in 2014 does that time period count as unemployed?

What’s up man if you don’t mind sharing approximately (3,35*) what’s your list number so we can gauge roughly how long it’ll take before they get to others. 

Just A Little Catching Up - I Start November 1st (On Zoom) And The 2nd I’ll Be Going To The School, Im Excited & Ive Been Reading This Book They Gave Us, Hopefully It’ll Help Me Learn Faster 

SB| The Work Boots Are FREE Lol I Was Extremely Happy About That ‼️

On 10/18/2021 at 10:57 PM, exj16 said:

What line will you be posting on? And don’t be! This job isn’t hard at all. The best advice I have for you is to not pick up the bad habits you see conductors are doing. That and take notes on how each terminal work because some like the D, M, R, J and even the W are a little weird 

Yeah, there’s a lot of bad habits I’ve already seen but I won’t be practicing those. The job is easy like you said 😊. I’m in the A division; so only 7 lines to post on. The first days were a breeze. I’ll be posting on 3 more lines from Monday to Wednesday respectively. Then final exam and road practical. Wish me LUCK!