Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

18 minutes ago, FiyahR31 said:

Does Anyone Know How Long Is Training At The School ? And Im Assuming After Training Is School Car ? How Long Is That !

School car is training lol and it’s 8 weeks. I think 7 weeks for A division since they have fewer lines than the B division (Letter Lines) 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tony77 said:

Yeah, there’s a lot of bad habits I’ve already seen but I won’t be practicing those. The job is easy like you said 😊. I’m in the A division; so only 7 lines to post on. The first days were a breeze. I’ll be posting on 3 more lines from Monday to Wednesday respectively. Then final exam and road practical. Wish me LUCK! 

Good luck!! You got this. Road practical is the easiest one even though you’re doing the practical in front of the superintendent. They just want to see you do your door operations and see if you know what a station overrun is as well as an unauthorized bypass and short stop. Easy money. You got this bro! Congrats in advanced on completing school car!

17 minutes ago, exj16 said:

School car is training lol and it’s 8 weeks. I think 7 weeks for A division since they have fewer lines than the B division (Letter Lines) 

Ohhhh Cool Lol I Guess Its Different For Different Positions Because A Friend Of Mine (Track Worker) Will Only Be At The School For 2 Weeks

13 hours ago, trafficcheck24 said:

I have a little issue, im in the pre employment for conductor but im starting training for the cleaner position which was promotion from being a traffic checker. any way i can post pone it or get in contact with someone because im sure / think i wint be able to miss a day of training from cleaner 

You were a former Traffic Checker? Congrats on pre-employment for conductor and start training for cleaner. If you want to be a conductor, don't postpone your pre-employment process. If you want to be a cleaner, then go to the training. Either way get in contact with someone from 180 Livingston Street to explain your situation.

18 minutes ago, Gullys said:

I did my pre-employment and Lab yesterday 10-26-21 

waiting for my medical/Physical

list number 42xx

Please edit your post so that your list number looks like 428x or 42xx. When you post your complete number you basically post your identity. 

I begin training on Monday and just found out that I left one minor conviction off of my application due to an error at the courthouse with my paper work. I emailed RTO employment opportunities but have not gotten a response. I informed them of the situation and sent a copy of the disposition letter. It was for a open container from ten years ago. Any advice from any current or past employees. Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Sharif said:

I begin training on Monday and just found out that I left one minor conviction off of my application due to an error at the courthouse with my paper work. I emailed RTO employment opportunities but have not gotten a response. I informed them of the situation and sent a copy of the disposition letter. It was for a open container from ten years ago. Any advice from any current or past employees. Thanks.

It sounds like you did your due diligence. You didn't try to hide it and sent the information along.

On 10/24/2021 at 12:28 PM, exj16 said:

Good luck!! You got this. Road practical is the easiest one even though you’re doing the practical in front of the superintendent. They just want to see you do your door operations and see if you know what a station overrun is as well as an unauthorized bypass and short stop. Easy money. You got this bro! Congrats in advanced on completing school car!

Thank you so much man! Posting is officially over; ready to ace this exam. Road practical I’m not too nervous about; just wanna make sure I’m on point! Thanks again!

6 hours ago, Jericho said:

It sounds like you did your due diligence. You didn't try to hide it and sent the information along.

Agreed. Just wait for a reply or try calling or emailing again. I knew someone with a similar situation. Just keep it honest with transit and I mean 110% honest - you did exactly that. 

2 hours ago, Tony77 said:

Thank you so much man! Posting is officially over; ready to ace this exam. Road practical I’m not too nervous about; just wanna make sure I’m on point! Thanks again!

I don’t know why but I feel more anxiety about this road practical tomorrow than I did for any other exam or test. I’m sure it will go well but the fact that it’s a one shot deal is probably what makes me feel that way. 

Good luck tomorrow!

On 10/25/2021 at 8:13 AM, bknightshadow45 said:

You were a former Traffic Checker? Congrats on pre-employment for conductor and start training for cleaner. If you want to be a conductor, don't postpone your pre-employment process. If you want to be a cleaner, then go to the training. Either way get in contact with someone from 180 Livingston Street to explain your situation.

thank you and and yeah been there a few years just mediating on this day, definitely want to do conductor. gonna make a call to 180 and let my instructor know just incase. than you again. good luck ever one. funny though they have some people in my cleaning class who took the test for conductor but got offered cleaner, but their calling conductors. 

47 minutes ago, playtoannoy said:

Anyone have any updates on uniforms? Who’s got them? 

Nope. Nothing yet and I’ve been employed since July. However myself and a few classmates  did get lucky and was able to get a few shirts, ties and stuff from terminals in the B division so I’m good until the full uniform set comes 

1 minute ago, exj16 said:

Nope. Nothing yet and I’ve been employed since July. However myself and a few classmates  did get lucky and was able to get a few shirts, ties and stuff from terminals in the B division so I’m good until the full uniform set comes 

Brand new shirts, ties, sweaters from terminals* 

On 11/2/2021 at 11:13 AM, Eco24 said:

Does anyone know what list number they are up to with exam number 6601? Or if there’s a number someone can call for information?

Check some of the previous pages of the forum.. The phone #'s for 180 Livingston Street are there.

I believe they are up to the 42xx/43xx number range last checked.