Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did you score on the conductor exam? And what did the letter say?

Got a 97-98. The letter congratulated me for passing the BOSS for exam #4601 in 2013. I never took that test. I took 6601 just this past april. In 2013 i was still in 8094's list.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Now I'm confused. Did anyone get a score yet for the 6601 exam? The most recent update from a few days ago was that the list isn't ready yet.

I was thinking the list wouldn't be issued for another few months, maybe not until January or February 2017.

The list isnt released yet but the answer key is out.

I got the same letter would assume about the Boss exam. I never took that test, and I'm already training. I'm starting Monday from exam 4600

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

DAC9050 - Did you take Exam 8094?

Before a mass panic ensues and a little context - Many people from Conductor Exam 8094 were offered TA Bus Operator positions when TA Bus Operator exams 8006 and I think 2613 were active. If correct, I am shocked they are still doing this from an exam held in 2008! 

Both DAC9050 and Far Rock Depot, did either of you take OA Bus Operator Exam 4105? We have official confirmation from +Young+ and the MTA that those numbers went out on Saturday. 

Edited by 161NewYork

Before a mass panic ensues and a little context - Many people from Conductor Exam 8094 were offered TA Bus Operator positions when TA Bus Operator exams 8006 and I think 2613 were active. If correct, I am shocked they are still doing this from an exam held in 2008!

Both DAC9050 and Far Rock Depot, did either of you take OA Bus Operator Exam 4105? We have official confirmation from +Young+ and the MTA that those numbers went out on Saturday.

I've taken TA bus operator #4600 which they have already called me for and report for training tomorrow.

Aside from that one the Conductor #6601 and Sanitation.

I'm sorry if some people got confused thinking it was a letter to report for conductor, but IT WAS NOT.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Never took any B/O exam.

far rock depot, you mentioned you didn't get thru probation, mind me asking what happened?

Nothing while i was on the clock. Lets just say when they say be careful of who youre around and what they are doing when you're not at work, it's good advice....and of you smell something funny, dont think its not gonna get in your system.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, does anyone know if a criminal record will bar you from this job?

Are there special background checks and standards for being a conductor?

Thanks

Depends on severity of crime and how often..But you only need to report convictions on your paperwork when you get to that point

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

I also took this test, the last one possible may 22nd in the pm, I got 78 out of 80 which puts me at a 97.5 hope its good enough. For those that want to know when the list is coming out just be patient. They will let you know but you shouldn't expect something until the beginning of next year at the earliest. So relax and just let it set it that you took the exam and your one step closer to a job you want!

I made 95 too and generally try to be reserved in how good a place that puts me in. So many people took the test, I missed 4... it was a pretty easy test, I assume there will be thousands who missed less than 4. But it's a score that I hope in time will get me in before the next test years from now, if I'm lucky.

What I'm more concerned about is whether I missed something in the process. I paid the fee, took the test, but don't recall filling a traditional application with employment history and such. Did I miss something or does that come once they get to my number?

@FRM, there's a locked thread that explains the entire hiring process in one long, extremely detailed post. But the gist is that you didn't miss any steps. After the scores are released you will be contacted to start the hiring process. You will complete a short employment application you receive in the mail and then go to 180 Livingston at the date and time you're instructed. You'll talk to HR people, show them your abbreviated application and if that's all in order you'll take a urine drug test.

If you test clean you should get a call, email or letter (they'll tell you how they'll contact you) to come back for a full day of physical exams and discussions with HR folks. You'll most likely need to complete an exhaustive employment application that you submit that day. If you pass all elements of the physical testing you'll meet with HR to go over your detailed employment application. If HR is then satisfied, and there's space in the next class available, you'll be sworn in and given a date to report.

If there are any elements of the physical exam that you don't pass then you'll need to go to the appropriate doctor and get cleared before you can continue the process. You would then be rescreened by the MTA company doctor.

BTW, I have the same raw score as you do. I was disappointed I didn't do better. Maybe one or two of the questions I missed will be voided by NYC Transit as a result of what people argued at the protest sessions. If not, hopefully they'll be hiring enough people that they'll process my application within a year or two of the list being established.

I made 95 too and generally try to be reserved in how good a place that puts me in. So many people took the test, I missed 4... it was a pretty easy test, I assume there will be thousands who missed less than 4. But it's a score that I hope in time will get me in before the next test years from now, if I'm lucky.

What I'm more concerned about is whether I missed something in the process. I paid the fee, took the test, but don't recall filling a traditional application with employment history and such. Did I miss something or does that come once they get to my number?

First you get a # in the mail then down the road you will get a letter and a short employment history app to report in with. Once there and everything is filled out correctly you will get the long 21 page packet to take home and wait for an email to return for further processing

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk