Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, mattfutureconductor5 said:

what list number are they up to? Is this list about to end?

i see conductor exam 3615 coming out in the summer, that fast?

i didnt choose the transit cleaner because the money was kinda too low 

shouldve chosen it man, a foot in the door is better than no foot at all, this list expires next feb but the classes will most likely be slowing down

10 hours ago, Immortal11 said:

Got some new news.. they've basically caught up as far as conductors go. Pretty much full.. a few retirement coming etc. They are pushing for April 2023 as far as a next class for any conductor class,which means if you did pre employment on December 5th or 6th expect to go back or not go back in March due to the fact they will be requesting a new list from DCAS. Which means all the people that restored there names successfully are right back in front...Now idk how quickly dcas can get them that list before April

(I heard it takes at least 6 months) But if you haven't done pre- employment by now chances are give up hope.. if you have done pre employment ig keep the faith lol

List is still good until 2-14-2024 thou ig ..but yea there about to restart the list over basically 😒

Damn, I'm #54xx I think on this list, took OPA in Sept after not taking it in January, smfh. 

I did the Pre-Employment on Dec 6th welp I thought I was close to breaking through. God knows what’s best and I am trusting in his will with whatever happens. I hope everyone else does that haven’t been through an pre-employment process or an OPA just keep faith no matter how it seems. Also you never know what the hood lord has in store when one door doesn’t open another is sure to.

On 1/26/2023 at 3:12 AM, Comrade96 said:

theres no way you were 54xx and only took your opa in sept

I passed on it in January 2022, I asked if I could take it in Sept (literally asked in September) they scheduled me in for it for Sept 14th, I originally passed on it because of a trip/vacation that I wasn't going to cancel in mid August for almost 3 weeks. People during testing were list number in the 7k's I believe. 

Knew I'd be screwed if missed any following up if I had taken the test in Jan. 

Edited by AP-MTA

On 1/18/2023 at 12:19 PM, Milano said:

@Mohamed call olha And tell her that people with list #  after yours are being called for pre-employment and you would like to check on your status.   You'll find her phone number in this thread if you search through it.

Hi , i proly missed it but what’s Olha’s #, my list # is 75xxx , haven’t received any pre- employment letter or call. No OPA results either. ( not worried to much about that, pretty sure i passed). 

7 hours ago, Xtina said:

Hi , i proly missed it but what’s Olha’s #, my list # is 75xxx , haven’t received any pre- employment letter or call. No OPA results either. ( not worried to much about that, pretty sure i passed). 

the # is somewhere in the forum 

theyve most likely paused hiring at the moment

45 minutes ago, Kellz77 said:

I just received my letter for opa to go in February. My list# is 8xxx. Most ppl in the forum are saying it takes months or maybe a year to get a response back after completing opa.. what are my chances? 

Hey Kellz so my list number is 77## took opa back in September 2022 and in December I got an email from exam unit stating I passed the OPA assessment. As of right now that's where I am at. No pre employment assessment yet. But now in your case, with list number 8k Seems MTA is still looking to possibly hire more conductor before this list expires next year feb. Cross fingers those in the 7k to 8k make it to pre employment before the list expires 

1 hour ago, Kellz77 said:

I just received my letter for opa to go in February. My list# is 8xxx. Most ppl in the forum are saying it takes months or maybe a year to get a response back after completing opa.. what are my chances? 

pretty slim considering the test expires next february. id go and take the next conductor exam and hopefully score higher on that

1 hour ago, Mohamed said:

Hey Kellz so my list number is 77## took opa back in September 2022 and in December I got an email from exam unit stating I passed the OPA assessment. As of right now that's where I am at. No pre employment assessment yet. But now in your case, with list number 8k Seems MTA is still looking to possibly hire more conductor before this list expires next year feb. Cross fingers those in the 7k to 8k make it to pre employment before the list expires 

I wouldnt bet on the late 7000s getting called in let alone the 8000s, two promotional conductor exams went out and theyre about to recertify the DCAS list. If you didnt do the OPA yet.....

Sorry to say your chances are VERY slim if none at all

On 1/25/2023 at 3:28 PM, mattfutureconductor5 said:

what list number are they up to? Is this list about to end?

i see conductor exam 3615 coming out in the summer, that fast?

i didnt choose the transit cleaner because the money was kinda too low 

You should've taken the cleaner title and you would have been able to take the promotional to Conductor if all else fails with the OC exam. It is way easier to get into conductor through a promotional than coming from an OC exam as an outsider. Promotionals get first dibs.

Edited by Jsalcedo718

5 hours ago, Jsalcedo718 said:

You should've taken the cleaner title and you would have been able to take the promotional to Conductor if all else fails with the OC exam. It is way easier to get into conductor through a promotional than coming from an OC exam as an outsider. Promotionals get first dibs.

Got to agree its easier coming in through a promotional I got hired for conductor in 2019 and then got callled for train operator in 2021 and the transition was easier and way faster. I already had my foot in the door that person definitely should of taken the cleaner title and then wait.

On 2/1/2023 at 9:34 AM, Lov3 qu33n said:

I agree. I’m in the 77## range. I applied for the station agent exam as well. I’m currently in school too majoring in teacher ed. as a plan B.   🙏

No NYPD exam while you're at all ends of the spectrum? 🤷‍♂️

On 2/1/2023 at 9:34 AM, Lov3 qu33n said:

I agree. I’m in the 77## range. I applied for the station agent exam as well. I’m currently in school too majoring in teacher ed. as a plan B.   🙏

I think being a teacher would be pretty cool, but I would get a master's in STEM and teach at a community college, it's better and the pay is higher. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Hak said:

Why send me a OPA testing letter if my list number is in the early 9000’s ?.  I have to go February the 17 for the OPA test but from reading the comments it seems like it makes no sense to do so …

Transit has been known to use previous lists to call people if they really needed to I believe

52 minutes ago, DaVon said:

I have my OPA 2/14/2023, and my list number is 8xxxx. Do I take urine test and medical tomorrow? And is taking the OPA on first come first served? Wanted to know if I should arrive an hour before the scheduled time.

Arrive 30 min before...they won't let you in until like 10-15 mom before...and it's just opa no urine or medical...that's a whole nother ball game lol 

49 minutes ago, DaVon said:

I have my OPA 2/14/2023, and my list number is 8xxxx. Do I take urine test and medical tomorrow? And is taking the OPA on first come first served? Wanted to know if I should arrive an hour before the scheduled time.

Hey Davon so you do need to arrived at least 30 minutes before you take the OPA because anytime earlier than that they will let wait in the lobby or outside the building, which happen to me when I took mine. As for medical and urine you don't do any of those until your list number is reach for pre employment. Now I can be wrong because I took mine last year September and only did the OPA. Not sure if it would be different now. Good luck my friend