Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
whatisacup

Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

SevenEleven

LIST STATUS UPDATE: 9/08/2019

This list HAS been established as of 2/14/2018. To view your list number, click here and either type your last name in the search box on the top right or type in "6601" to view the entire list, followed by pressing enter.

PAY: $22.14 to start, raises to $31.63

TRAINING: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

HIGHEST LIST # CALLED: For initial P/E: (1800s); For Medical: (Last Known - 1300s)

CLASSES SCHEDULED FOR --

Message added by SevenEleven

I have one wrong, and I just received the letter today. For those wondering, the acronym OPA does refer to the oral proficiency assessment. (silly me, I thought it was a test that uses the the oropharyngeal airway)

Yup. I got 1 wrong also. I have to report to Livingston on October 4th.

**Just got mine in the mail, I'm glad to see the ball moving on this, but in starting to get nervous lol.

Edited by Jchambers2120

I just got the letter for test date October 6, I see people saying they got 1 wrong. I also scored really high but am too lazy to find my score sheet to see how many I got wrong. I got like 2 wrong I believe.

Are they sending this out to the people who scored the highest first?

I believe that the only people who got this letter so far are the people who seemed to mention they got 1 or 2 wrong.

Edited by Dred

I'm thinking it means Oral Proficiency Assessment. I remember it being posted on the NOE.

Physcoles and mart do you remember your preliminary scores?

I had 2 answers wrong from the answer sheet on the website

I'm very excited they're moving forward with 6601.

I haven't received my letter yet but I didn't score that high.

Do the letters indicate drug testing or medical screening? Or just going in for oral proficiency?

I'm very excited they're moving forward with 6601.

I haven't received my letter yet but I didn't score that high.

Do the letters indicate drug testing or medical screening? Or just going in for oral proficiency?

Just the Oral assessment. We have to pass that to move forward in the process.

Received my OPA letter today, I think I had only one wrong. I am also surprised nobody mentioned this part:

You will be required to pay an additional fee of $25.00 by money order prior to taking the oral proficiency assessment.

My probation as a bus operator should be done and over with in a few weeks. So I think I might pass on this and save the $25 and use of any PTO (paid time off) or inconvenience...

Edited by 161NewYork

Also received my Oral Proficiency Assessment letter to report to Livingston on Oct 2nd.

Going over preliminary scores of other people in this thread, it seems that OPA letter dates are sorted by score.

Just for fun, I put together a breakdown of scores based on self-reporting in this thread and few city-data posts:

100 = 3 or  6.12% of all (49) people
97.50 = 3 or  6.12%
97.50 = 5 or 10.20%
96.25 = 12 or 24.48%
95.00 = 11 or 22.44%
93.75 = 4 or 8.16%
92.50 = 5 or 10.20%
91.25 = 4 or 8.16%
90.00 = 1 or 2.00%

Good luck to those moving forward into the OPA. Remember to keep the tread update with your progress... knowledge is key so don't be afraid to share that knowledge now...

Just got home from work 1:15am :P and I had one as well. I got 4 wrong

I got the same amount wrong..hope I get one lol

For the top scoring people, how long would it probably take before you get called for this job? Is it still more than a year away before anyone is hired from this list? 

Well this new for me. we never did an OPA for 8094 but I just got mine for the 13th Of October. I remember getting like two or three wrong.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk