Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

1 hour ago, Schecter said:

Is there an email where I could write them asking me if they sent me a letter in the mail, cuz I only got 3 questions wrong and nothing yet in the mail today.  

Patience.  I got 5 wrong and I haven't received a letter yet. Only a letter for bus op test 7612 TA and random number for MTA bus. 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven’t checked in a while but I see that things are moving along.   That’s great news a d congrats to those who’ve gotten their notices to report.   On a side note thank you to the person who posted our scores a few threads back!!

To others who haven’t received a notice and have 1-3 answers wrong, remember that the official list hasn’t even been established yet so be patient.  I myself scored a 92.XX so I’m not expecting anything until next year.   Of course that’s all based on what the final official score is, which I guess I’ll find out sooner or later.    Good luck to those reporting on Monday and let us know how it goes.

3 hours ago, Schecter said:

Just a random question but if the list hasn't been established yet then how are other people getting letters to begin so soon then? :huh:

The letters some top scoring people are starting to receive is for the Oral Proficiency Assesment as covered in the notice of examination.

1 hour ago, kellgh said:

How strict do you think they are going to be on cell phones? 

The paper says to not being them, but for the FDNY exam, they gave people baggies...

Idk if I will be searched or I should just seal it up or leave it at home.. 

You're not going to be searched...from going down to 180 Livingston Street several times before, as long as they are on "Silent" or off and in your pockets and not visible, you'll be fine.

3 hours ago, +Young+ said:

You're not going to be searched...from going down to 180 Livingston Street several times before, as long as they are on "Silent" or off and in your pockets and not visible, you'll be fine.

This.  The same was said when we took our tests.  As long as it’s silent or off and you’re not messing around with your phone you should be fine. 

For those who took this test today, is this a 1 on 1 test with someone or is it taken as a group?

Inhale youtubed oral proficiency exams and it seems like a 1 on 1 interview with someone basically talking about yourself

Edited by Justinj90

Just came out of the OPA exam, had around 35 people. Took 3 hours, counting wait and paperwork etc.

There are 2 parts, 1st part is a recording for the entire class, once audio is played - only then can you look at 5 questions which you mark on a scantron (2 min allowed to answer all 5 and mark them, be quick). 20 total questions split into 4 parts. I don't feel great about how I might have scored. 30 min total.

2nd part is 1 on 1, examiner reads a scenario and shows you one picture. You answer his question. 10 such pictures. Easy stuff. Maybe 10 min total.

I hope both parts are averaged to count toward the 70 passing score.

Don't ask me for exact questions.

I'd say it's a good idea to find some audio memorization type practice tests.

They said results will be mailed... no ETA, so more waiting.

3 hours ago, jake3178 said:

Just came out of the OPA exam, had around 35 people. Took 3 hours, counting wait and paperwork etc.

There are 2 parts, 1st part is a recording for the entire class, once audio is played - only then can you look at 5 questions which you mark on a scantron (2 min allowed to answer all 5 and mark them, be quick). 20 total questions split into 4 parts. I don't feel great about how I might have scored. 30 min total.

2nd part is 1 on 1, examiner reads a scenario and shows you one picture. You answer his question. 10 such pictures. Easy stuff. Maybe 10 min total.

I hope both parts are averaged to count toward the 70 passing score.

Don't ask me for exact questions.

I'd say it's a good idea to find some audio memorization type practice tests.

They said results will be mailed... no ETA, so more waiting.

Thanks, so there was no mention of hiring or the class we would go in?

To the people that's asking about talks of classes or hiring, there was none because we're still in the exam phase. If u don't pass this part of the exam you are not moving forward. Its like process of elimination. I believe once every one that pass the first part of the exam is done taking the OPA, then a list is created. You can start getting excited once you are called from that list. For now just focus on passing the OPA. By the way, the OPA is a pass or fail and it will not be combined with the first part of the exam . I asked the exam monitor. 

16 minutes ago, Lovablepj said:

To the people that's asking about talks of classes or hiring, there was none because we're still in the exam phase. If u don't pass this part of the exam you are not moving forward. Its like process of elimination. I believe once every one that pass the first part of the exam is done taking the OPA, then a list is created. You can start getting excited once you are called from that list. For now just focus on passing the OPA. By the way, the OPA is a pass or fail and it will not be combined with the first part of the exam . I asked the exam monitor. 

You mean the actual speaking part is pass/fail? The NOE states a score of atleast 70% is needed to pass. Also, overall did you find the entire exam to be difficult or straightforward? Sorry for bombarding you with questions I'm just curious.

It sounds like whatever your passing score was on the first exam is your score as far as list placement goes. The OPA is a pass or fail whether to determine if you’ll move forward in the progress. 

The NYC Transit B/O exam is like that as well you have to take the exam first then you take the BOSS after that. Which is also Pass or Fail.