Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Schecter said:

I got 1,xxx and only scored 96.25 I wouldn't think a 3 point different would make your number jump more than 9,000 

The problem is the way in which they create list numbers (by social security #). From my understanding they take the last 5 digits and make them first. Also remember they do the 1 n 3 rule as well. With all the folks on this list omg don’t hold your breath. I think if they were smart they would not allow so many people to apply. There should of been a cut off. But when it comes down to it; it’s all about the money so MTA cleaned up on this exam. 10 different test schedules. They made over a million with this test alone. Now their cleaning up again by giving OPA lol...With all these folks let’s see if this list exhaust in 4 years 🤔 ridiculous 😂😂 

3 minutes ago, TrueBlu said:

The problem is the way in which they create list numbers (by social security #). From my understanding they take the last 5 digits and make them first. Also remember they do the 1 n 3 rule as well. With all the folks on this list omg don’t hold your breath. I think if they were smart they would not allow so many people to apply. There should of been a cut off. But when it comes down to it; it’s all about the money so MTA cleaned up on this exam. 10 different test schedules. They made over a million with this test alone. Now their cleaning up again by giving OPA lol...With all these folks let’s see if this list exhaust in 4 years 🤔 ridiculous 😂😂 

What do you think the cut off would be I would assume probably before list number 3XXX? 

42 minutes ago, Schecter said:

What do you think the cut off would be I would assume probably before list number 3XXX? 

I figure if they had a cut off then more people would get a chance. I think 3xxx is a bit short but after 10xxx like shut this down. Just a tactic for money and if u don’t score high then just forget about it. I also think the idea of 70% as a score to pass is a joke...holding up list space. I think after 85% people should not be on any list because there is no chance in h*** they will get called for the actual title ;they may get another offer.With this list being so long it may exceed 4 years especially if they don’t start calling off the list ASAP. Also understand DCAS is no longer in charge of MTA exams smfh 

Damn 97.5 ranged from 400's to 1400's, glad I was in the 700's. 

What I don't get is how people got higher than 100, I even see people with as high as 110. Did they give free points on this test?  

Edited by Dred

So I found out the OPA is to see if you can speak proper English, and how you sound, and how you  can pronounce words properly.  If you guys can type and respond on this forum, I don't see how you can fail. When I took the train operator exam last year, we had downtime to talk. The lady said plainly, guys listen, alot of people will fail because of the drug test, and then medical, and then they move or don't respond to the pre-employment letter, things happen in life and they either move or find opportunity else where.  Another thing, conductor is alot of walking, and on your FEET. How many of you took the exam and saw people who don't fit this position ? They get to training in school car, and they just can't do it.  So people drop out. I wish someone from school car can talk about people dropping out because its NOT EASY, physically.  And also correct me if I am wrong.  

So if your number is 10,000  I would consider it like 6,500. Even if you are number 900, consider it 500.  This is just a number. ALSO I read alot about what the mta budget puts out, they project humans resources will expand hiring, because people leave, they usually put 10 to 15 years and retire. Theres alot of older folks in the MTA, especially in bus. I have a low number on one of the bus exams, and took the boss survey, im actually worried that I might get called in TOO FAST even when a list is not even published. 

Conductor is broad, and many people in conductor want to get promoted UP. Just relax. 

6 minutes ago, Dred said:

Damn 97.5 ranged from 400's to 1400's, glad I was in the 700's. 

What I don't get is how people got higher than 100, I even see people with as high as 110. Did they give free points on this test?  

I think they have veterans points or something like that. 

4 minutes ago, Schecter said:

I wish I had extra points added to my 96.25 lol that would of been a god sent

You know what I started to do, because I have a low list number on the bus. I went to the doctors for a check up to check my blood pressure. Its kind of high, everything else if fine, but its high, I went twice. I have to lower it.  You guys should get a check up, make sure your blood pressure is checked, take a walk every day for 15 to 20 minutes. I started to drink beet juice. I am not even 40 years old. 

20 hours ago, Moody said:

https://data.cityofnewyork.us/City-Government/Civil-Service-List-Active-/vx8i-nprf/data

CONDUCTOR 6601.

I don't see the list published on thechiefleader website. But  if you type in the search box with your last name you can see yourself on the list. I just checked for a friend of mine. FEB 14 was when it was released to the nyc data website.  You can also see other exams that you are on, but only if the list is published. 

My list is #4xx (scored 98.75)

Thanks for the post with the link!

Good luck to everyone & God bless!

Sorry about that above post, I couldn't figure out how to delete everything in the post that I quoted by mistake. Even closing the web browser and opening it back up kept it saved and wouldn't allow me to delete it.

Question: Can anyone give me an educated guess on how quickly we could be hired.

Assume my score of 700. When do you think I could be called for the job and actually working? 

I know this is an educated guess, but just to get an idea of how quickly things will be going forward. 

Thanks

Edited by Dred

6 minutes ago, Dred said:

Sorry about that above post, I couldn't figure out how to delete everything in the post that I quoted by mistake. Even closing the web browser and opening it back up kept it saved and wouldn't allow me to delete it.

Question: Can anyone give me an educated guess on how quickly we could be hired.

Assume my score of 700. When do you think I could be called for the job and actually working? 

I know this is an educated guess, but just to get an idea of how quickly things will be going forward. 

Thanks

Did you do the OPA yet

8 minutes ago, Dred said:

Thanks

I just called Mta employment and the lady informed me that there will be no more hires due to no open vacancies. She stated that there is a freeze. I hope she doesn’t know what she’s talking about!!!!

18 minutes ago, Rahmel said:

I just called Mta employment and the lady informed me that there will be no more hires due to no open vacancies. She stated that there is a freeze. I hope she doesn’t know what she’s talking about!!!!

I hope you are not surprised...8094 just expired and so many ppl was bs...many people was called for preemployment and took multiple drug test and it was all for nothing. They even let the lady complete her medical to tell her there are no vacancies...so don’t be too surprised with MTA...Another freeze just like the last Exam was on freeze for 3 years....I know the feeling  cause I’m one of these people that my time was wasted lol...so continue life as you see fit and keep up with your mail is all you can do with these open competitive exams. 

2 minutes ago, TrueBlu said:

I hope you are not surprised...8094 just expired and so many ppl was bs...many people was called for preemployment and took multiple drug test and it was all for nothing. They even let the lady complete her medical to tell her there are no vacancies...so don’t be too surprised with MTA...Another freeze just like the last Exam was on freeze for 3 years....I know the feeling  cause I’m one of these people that my time was wasted lol...so continue life as you see fit and keep up with your mail is all you can do with these open competitive exams. 

Not surprised at all. Mta bs all the time. It’s unfortunate that we have to wait 4-5 years to get hired.

4 minutes ago, Dred said:

Wait, are you saying that they probably won't be calling anyone from the 6601 list for a few years? Even the guys who scored over 100?

That’s exactly what I’m saying. A freeze is bad. That can take at least 4-5 years depending on openings. We’ll be lucky to be hired by 2020. Hope she’s wrongs