Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mspunkybrewster said:

I start training for station agent in a couple weeks. I'll just roll with whatever comes my way. I was told after probation i can apply for station supervisor so i think id try for that before conductor. 

Cuz that’s you lol. Congrats Cuz lol

28 minutes ago, Rahmel said:

I’m speaking for the list in general. Yes people quit and get promoted or whatever but that’s only a few hundred jobs at a time. I’m pretty ok considering that I’m 9xx. I should be called within a few months but those who are 3000-4000 might be a year and some months. That’s why I said what I said.

Well someone in the 3-4k range should expect to wait a while anyway lol it takes years to get to those scores. My comments were morseo aimed at some of the other posters who came up with some crazy theories. The woman could've been telling you the truth or she could've just been saying anything to get you off the phone who knows, but it seems crazy to say they won't be hiring for years like some others suggested. I have no hard feelings towards you.

I was told spring. Like @LIRRMedford was just have to remain patient. Even if offered the job tomorrow i couldn't accept it because i want to finish up my degree by July or August, so I'm kind of hoping they do start calling in spring lol. I'm in the low 400's.

It's crazy how the S/A exam was given a year prior to ours and we have our official scores before them. 

1 hour ago, Moody said:

Theres a conductor promotional exam 5716, dont know what number they are up too.  680 people took the test, and people have been skipped. Same with the Train operator promotional exam, people have been skipped. Dont know why. 

I believe they were done with this test.  At one point they stopped calling from 8094 went through this list then continued back with 8094 list.  The ones that got skipped were probably because of  1 in 3 rule 

6 minutes ago, Bk2Amityville said:

I believe they were done with this test.  At one point they stopped calling from 8094 went through this list then continued back with 8094 list.  The ones that got skipped were probably because of  1 in 3 rule 

What is the 1 in 3 rule like 1 for every 3 people skipped?