Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

So I got my list number in the mail and I'm in the high 4700's, which is anywhere from 4,750 to 4,799.

For those who did not get their list number, there are two ways you can find out your list number:

a) Call DCAS @ 212-669-1357 (press 2, followed by your Social Security # and follow the prompts)

OR:

b) Click here and type your last name in the search box on the top right.

Good luck everyone!!

Edited by +Young+

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears notices are going out.   Received my list # in the 9XXX with a 92.5 score.  Althoufh I already checked via the link provided (thank you to whoever posted that).   From the looks of it a lot of people passed.   I’m counting on it to be years before I ever get called.   IF i ever end up getting called.   Oh well.   Good luck to the rest of u guys. 

Score 96.25 List # 248x

I saw someone with the same score as me and ended up under 2000. Crazy how the ss# tie breaker works with it being the last 5 digits instead of the last 4. My 5th digit is a “6” and my 4th is a “1”. Oh well...glad the test results are out and the previous exam finally expired! 

I did receive my letter for OPA and attended it in the middle of November of last year. I do believe the OPA I attended was one of the last, if not the last OPA offered, so I’m glad I was able to complete that 1step of the process being someone stated that the OPA was only given to the first 2000 list numbers. Maybe the OPA was actually given to the first 2500 list numbers, or to the scores of 96.25 or higher, or they needed at least 2000 OPA’s completed on file and didn’t get enough responses so they kept on going up the list until they reached me? Who knows. All speculation, but I’m glad I was offered and able to take it. 

Curious to know when those results actually come out for the OPA? Before they issue the 2nd round? Or after? Once again, with MTA, who knows but good luck to everyone! Be patient ya’ll! (gotta remind myself that) We’ve waited this long! 

24 minutes ago, StevieC said:

Score 96.25 List # 248x

I saw someone with the same score as me and ended up under 2000. Crazy how the ss# tie breaker works with it being the last 5 digits instead of the last 4. My 5th digit is a “6” and my 4th is a “1”. Oh well...glad the test results are out and the previous exam finally expired! 

I did receive my letter for OPA and attended it in the middle of November of last year. I do believe the OPA I attended was one of the last, if not the last OPA offered, so I’m glad I was able to complete that 1step of the process being someone stated that the OPA was only given to the first 2000 list numbers. Maybe the OPA was actually given to the first 2500 list numbers, or to the scores of 96.25 or higher, or they needed at least 2000 OPA’s completed on file and didn’t get enough responses so they kept on going up the list until they reached me? Who knows. All speculation, but I’m glad I was offered and able to take it. 

Curious to know when those results actually come out for the OPA? Before they issue the 2nd round? Or after? Once again, with MTA, who knows but good luck to everyone! Be patient ya’ll! (gotta remind myself that) We’ve waited this long! 

I also got 96.25 and my list number is 1,4XX and I haven't received the OPA at all

Edited by Schecter

On 2/20/2018 at 7:36 AM, Schecter said:

I got 1,xxx and only scored 96.25 I wouldn't think a 3 point different would make your number jump more than 9,000 

I got the same score and mine is 25xx - and took the OPA in November. Go figure.

I would get on the phone with them and ask around - I got burned in the hiring process for stations with them sending my final processing email to an address 1 letter off from what mine actually is - so now I'm still stuck in the waiting game for that, got sent for my THIRD drug test yesterday...and allegedly I would have been in December's class...so it's worth a shot to see if the letter legitimately got lost in the mail.

Edited by hmc12989

36 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

I got the same score and mine is 25xx

That whole social security thing as a tie breaker really sucks, Well in my case it does.  Scored a 98.75 and list number is 4xx , and I saw people who scored the same are  at list 14x .

I guess it is what it is. 

27 minutes ago, N1CKR said:

That whole social security thing as a tie breaker really sucks, Well in my case it does.  Scored a 98.75 and list number is 4xx , and I saw people who scored the same are  at list 14x .

I guess it is what it is. 

It's nothing to fret about. I got the same score and I'm in the (low) 4xx range aswell. When they start calling it shouldn't take that long to get to us anyway. 

Those of us who've already taken the OPA don't even need to worry about our list #'s, I'm more anxious to find out how we did on that.

1 hour ago, Jchambers2120 said:

It's nothing to fret about. I got the same score and I'm in the (low) 4xx range aswell. When they start calling it shouldn't take that long to get to us anyway. 

Those of us who've already taken the OPA don't even need to worry about our list #'s, I'm more anxious to find out how we did on that.

Yeah I took that in October of last year, you figured results would be in by now. 

7 minutes ago, N1CKR said:

Yeah I took that in October of last year, you figured results would be in by now. 

Is anyone certain we are getting a letter that we passed or failed that?? 

Perhaps they only sent letters out to people who passed the opa. It would be asinine imo to send a you passed letter with your number on it. Followed by perhaps a letter from Opa that you didn't pass the opa  exam 😑

I understand some people who didnt take the opa get a number however people who took the opa, should get the list number with a you passed or no number with a you didnt pass. Those who took the opa would know why they didnt pass. 

1 hour ago, Dj Hammers said:

Ha!

i probably won’t take the position as a career since I’m already working in admin as it is, but going through training may be an interesting experience. Can’t manage the system without having field experience.

Department of Subways is implementing a volunteer project called ICAP.  Refer to RTO notice 104-17 or Stations notice 006-18.

4 hours ago, Dave2836 said:

Department of Subways is implementing a volunteer project called ICAP.  Refer to RTO notice 104-17 or Stations notice 006-18.

I’m already participating in ICAP. In fact, I’m somewhat involved in running it!

Edited by Dj Hammers