Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Well its 1400 range idk if thats good considering I never recieved the OPA at all

It good but 95-99 still need about three year. Be patient.  They will keep extend the years like they did  for 8094. They adding new train so they will need  new conductor.

Anybody rode on the  yellow and blue trains? 

Edited by mattfutureconductor5

1 hour ago, mattfutureconductor5 said:

It good but 95-99 still need about three year. Be patient.  They will keep extend the years like they did  for 8094. They adding new train so they will need  new conductor.

I rode every line 

On 2/21/2018 at 11:54 PM, LIRRMedford said:

Depends where in the 1000's I got 1030 and am very hopeful of being called within the first year

What did you score? I got same score as schecter 96.25 and have number 19**. 

Edited by +Young+
Identity purposes...

4 hours ago, mattfutureconductor5 said:

If 3 yr wait i definitely aint taking the job. In 2.5 yrs ima be max pay and making $37 per hr . Ot after 35 hrs . Easily pulling in over $110k. Not giving that up to wait 7 yrs for max pay and less money. 

As we can tell not a lot of people are going to be accepting this job already so the list should move a bit faster, and also my friend who works for the MTA informed me that not everyone passes the drug test and not every passes the medical nor school car. I wish all of us eventually work for the MTA, this my dream job since I was little so I hope I get this job considering my list number is in the 1400s.

12 minutes ago, Schecter said:

As we can tell not a lot of people are going to be accepting this job already so the list should move a bit faster, and also my friend who works for the MTA informed me that not everyone passes the drug test and not every passes the medical nor school car. I wish all of us eventually work for the MTA, this my dream job since I was little so I hope I get this job considering my list number is in the 1400s.

Your list number is low so why are you worrying..I feel a lot of the recent post since the list was posted are insane.All candidates with low list numbers should not be complaining because they will have a better chance then those with high list numbers. You for one and several others have a better chance than many.

Just now, TrueBlu said:

Your list number is low so why are you worrying..I feel a lot of the recent post since the list was posted are insane.All candidates with low list numbers should not be complaining because they will have a better chance then those with high list numbers. You for one and several others have a better chance than many.

The only reason I'm complaining is because I'm anxious lol and this process is completely different than the NYPD that I went through when I went through the whole NYPD so the process is mysterious to me which scares me on what's next

1 minute ago, Schecter said:

The only reason I'm complaining is because I'm anxious lol and this process is completely different than the NYPD that I went through when I went through the whole NYPD so the process is mysterious to me which scares me on what's next

The next step is either OPA or preemployment invitation...and calm done because the process is ridiculous so don’t over think this situation..I just finished going through this bs and it was a waste of my time...(was on 8094 list); as well as this one ugh 

7 minutes ago, TrueBlu said:

The next step is either OPA or preemployment invitation...and calm done because the process is ridiculous so don’t over think this situation..I just finished going through this bs and it was a waste of my time...(was on 8094 list); as well as this one ugh 

What did the BS entail?

4 minutes ago, Schecter said:

What did the BS entail?

BS=Bullshit

And it entailed me going for preemployment and taking 2 drug test to never get called for medical. Ugh so frustrating how they wasted my time along with several others...so all I’m saying is don’t count your lucky stars until you have completed medical and they have given you a start date. Mofo MTA 👎🏾 Lol

Just now, TrueBlu said:

BS=Bullshit

And it entailed me going for preemployment and taking 2 drug test to never get called for medical. Ugh so frustrating how they wasted my time along with several others...so all I’m saying is don’t count your lucky stars until you have completed medical and they have given you a start date. Mofo MTA 👎🏾 Lol

lol I know what bs means I was wondering what you meant by the bs; and that's crazy that they made you do 2 drug test just to never get called for medical. I wonder why that happened in the first place that's really weird:huh:

1 minute ago, Schecter said:

lol I know what bs means I was wondering what you meant by the bs; and that's crazy that they made you do 2 drug test just to never get called for medical. I wonder why that happened in the first place that's really weird:huh:

That is just how they do things they call a bunch of people as back up and if they are not needed the hell with them lmao...they skip people because of the 1 n 3 rule...so many people have different opinions on when this system is used but it’s used for all sectors of civil service exams

15 minutes ago, TrueBlu said:

That is just how they do things they call a bunch of people as back up and if they are not needed the hell with them lmao...they skip people because of the 1 n 3 rule...so many people have different opinions on when this system is used but it’s used for all sectors of civil service exams

If only it was like the NYPD process where they need a ton of people but then I realized there aren't over 6000+ mta trains there's only 24 lines :/

5 hours ago, Nyctransitorhotels said:

If 3 yr wait i definitely aint taking the job. In 2.5 yrs ima be max pay and making $37 per hr . Ot after 35 hrs . Easily pulling in over $110k. Not giving that up to wait 7 yrs for max pay and less money. 

Lollollol.. I am in nypd process right now, got place in damn medical hold, if they don’t  accept then w/e mta  protection agent next exam😂 or eagerly wait for bus operator exam...  or wait  to be called,. Does everybody take opa ,  when I ask exam unit, they told it randomly picked ...

Edited by mattfutureconductor5

19 hours ago, Nyctransitorhotels said:

Is anyone certain we are getting a letter that we passed or failed that?? 

Perhaps they only sent letters out to people who passed the opa. It would be asinine imo to send a you passed letter with your number on it. Followed by perhaps a letter from Opa that you didn't pass the opa  exam 😑

I understand some people who didnt take the opa get a number however people who took the opa, should get the list number with a you passed or no number with a you didnt pass. Those who took the opa would know why they didnt pass. 

The letter i got said. You passed the above referenced test.  Plus it did state. Final adjusted test score 97.5. I did take the OPA in Oct.