Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Schecter said:

I take the OPA April 10th how easy or difficult would it be for the guys who got the preemployment and from who ever else took the OPA

Prep your memory skills. I'm sure most can pick out the key things to remember. I personally take Fish Oil daily which helps brain performance. For part 2 don't over think your answer. They play an example for you. Try to keep it just like the example. Don't ramble to much. I haven't gotten a letter but have taken the OPA

31 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

Prep your memory skills. I'm sure most can pick out the key things to remember. I personally take Fish Oil daily which helps brain performance. For part 2 don't over think your answer. They play an example for you. Try to keep it just like the example. Don't ramble to much. I haven't gotten a letter but have taken the OPA

So it's not rocket science just common sense I guess?

I get an email everyday from USPS on what is coming to my mailbox that day.  Today, there's a letter from MTA that I should get tonight when I get home.  

I'm list #2,3xx and I've taken the OPA back in December.  When I called in, it says I'm outstanding certification.

Any thoughts on this?

1 hour ago, playtoannoy said:

I get an email everyday from USPS on what is coming to my mailbox that day.  Today, there's a letter from MTA that I should get tonight when I get home.  

I'm list #2,3xx and I've taken the OPA back in December.  When I called in, it says I'm outstanding certification.

Any thoughts on this?

From what appears to be evident, they are processing 2000 people to fill 200 positions.  Clearly your number is above 2000. Was your score a 96.25?  We have people with that score with list numbers that range from below 2000 to above 2000. 

The only thing I can think of is maybe they’re treating people with the identical scores as equals as opposed to using the list number.  That would mean that the randomly picked from that bracket to meet there 2000,  since taking a whole bunch of people with a 96.25 would put them well over the 2000 people they’re looking to start processing.  It would explain why some people with list numbers around 1800 did not get an OPA yet someone like myself did with over 2200  

Judging by what people reported here. The score of 96.25 as a list number ranged from about 1500-2400.  Can anybody point to some data that contradicts this thought? 

14 minutes ago, N1CKR said:

Yeah none of this makes any sense; then why have list at all. If they are going to choose people at random.

Well they will use the list number two separate people with different scores.  But unless I’m missing something it looks like if you have the identical score you are treated almost equal. 

2 hours ago, playtoannoy said:

Any thoughts on this?

Could possibly be the OPA results. Keep us posted.

Edited by nickynick86

I just received a letter from MTA to begin the pre-employment process on Monday. Has anyone else received the same letter? I took the OPA back in November and just discovered my list number is 6*

Edited by +Young+
Identity purposes...