Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Lovablepj said:

So I’m here now and we were told that everyone that is here today is being considered for the april 22nd class, consisting of 65 people and the next class will be June 3rd

With that being said people in the 1400s like myself wont even be a thought until next year or 2

16 minutes ago, Lovablepj said:

So I’m here now and we were told that everyone that is here today is being considered for the april 22nd class, consisting of 65 people and the next class will be June 3rd

Wow man, congratulations on that! A step towards a better future.

15 minutes ago, Schecter said:

With that being said people in the 1400s like myself wont even be a thought until next year or 2

And most likely, my friend. We must continue living our lives. That’s the name of the game.

stopped by Livingston to decline the conductor position in person, confirmed that I'd be able to reinstate myself later on if needed.

was nice to see bunch of people waiting to start their new careers

was also nice to skip everyone by flashing my pass lol

1 minute ago, jake3178 said:

stopped by Livingston to decline the conductor position in person, confirmed that I'd be able to reinstate myself later on if needed.

What's the reason you gave them if you don't mind me asking you

1 hour ago, jake3178 said:

Reinstate? Like you’re able to take the position at a later time if you changed your mind? Could you elaborate?

3 minutes ago, Gdsimmons646 said:

I see via USPS that I have another letter from the MTA. Already got my pass letter from them so fingers crossed its pre employment. 

Sidebar: Their classes start on Sundays? Thats odd ..

It most certainly could be 😮

1 hour ago, CTK246 said:

Reinstate? Like you’re able to take the position at a later time if you changed your mind? Could you elaborate?

the way I understand it, once you're on the list, you can decline the position and reinstate yourself later (takes 1-2 month) as long as the list is still active, which tends to be 4+ years. also you won't lose your list number / seniority, however you'll be behind people who already started.. I think.

so it's good to know i have an option going forward.

Hello Everyone,

new here but been following this thread. 

My list number is in the high 300's and asked to come in on Wed for preemployement. 

I took the OPA in November and  just received the pre employment letter, followed by the  opa test results on Saturday. The letter stated "Pass" - no numeric score.

Unsure what comes after pre employment on Wed but according to this thread they are asking 65 people to take the first class. 

Anyway, if anyone has any questions I'll try to help as best as I can.

33 minutes ago, jake3178 said:

the way I understand it, once you're on the list, you can decline the position and reinstate yourself later (takes 1-2 month) as long as the list is still active, which tends to be 4+ years. also you won't lose your list number / seniority, however you'll be behind people who already started.. I think.

so it's good to know i have an option going forward.

You can only stay off the list for a year IIRC and then you would have to reinstate and take your name off again, if you want to extend the time. You can only do this three times.

1 hour ago, Mtahopeful2018 said:

Hello kellgh,

what did they tell you? Are you beginning a class, did they hire you?

i am going in Wednesday. Also, was there an option to postpone taking the class? I have lots of things with family going on atm, would be tough to jump into a class right away. 

Thank you! 

I'm in a similar predicament and I have to report on Wednesday as well. I'm hoping for the June 3rd class or something in August or later since I'm finishing up my degree in he summer. Hopefully those in the 1-400 range take up all the spots for those two dates lol.

Thank you so much @Lovablepj for the updates.

34 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

I'm in a similar predicament and I have to report on Wednesday as well. I'm hoping for the June 3rd class or something in August or later since I'm finishing up my degree in he summer. Hopefully those in the 1-400 range take up all the spots for those two dates lol.

Thank you so much @Lovablepj for the updates.

From my understanding, and I just left the process, after the June class, I heard the following one would be in July.