Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

On 4/2/2018 at 4:41 PM, Lovablepj said:

When you first go in you just give them the letter, and they will give u a number, you then go on another line where they give u a21 page booklet to fill out at home and three pieces paper you have to fill out there. You go and sit down fill out the paper and wait for your number to be called.once your number is called u go up and give them your completed application along with the documents they requested, sign some more paperwork, and then they send you to lab to do the drug test. Once you are done with the drug test . They tell you to go back to the desk to let them know you are done. When you go to the desk, they tell you that is it, you will get an email within 3 to 30 days with ur results and appointment for medical. You have to bring in that 21 page booklet, completed on the day of ur medical.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Dred said:

Let us know what they do if you missed your date.

I know when they mailed out the test scores a couple months back that the letter got to me a week late because the mail man delivered it to my neighbor by mistake and my neighbor was away on vacation. I did see the letter on USPS.com Email as they send you a picture of all your mail you should get for the day so I was expecting this MTA letter but didn't get it for over a week and my neighbor delivered it to me.

You may want to log into USPS and see if they still have your old mail pictures on file as they keep that for a while, you may be able to see if it did get scanned and got lost by your mail man. 

Most likely your letter got lost in the mail just like mine . So if you should have gotten a letter you have no choice but to go down ASAP and get this worked out. 

Please let us know if they hold that missed appointment against you.

I currently work for usps and I didn’t even know about this feature 

2 hours ago, Smrch said:

There are two classes scheduled for the 22nd?

Just one class. We were told that some of us who get lucky would be able to make that, but most of us there today would be going into the June 3rd class depending on your list #.

@Lovablepj when you went the other day did she mention anything about a July or August class? It wasn't mentioned today but i remember reading a post in here stating there was one scheduled for July. 

2 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Just one class. We were told that some of us who get lucky would be able to make that, but most of us there today would be going into the June 3rd class depending on your list #.

@Lovablepj when you went the other day did she mention anything about a July or August class? It wasn't mentioned today but i remember reading a post in here stating there was one scheduled for July. 

No, she only mentioned the april and june class

I was there this morning and although they mentioned we would be for the June class, I have a hard time believing it. There were quite a few people there today. Of course I could be wrong. 

I did not have my HS diploma and they said bring it or an official document from H.S. next time.

i arrived 700am, left 11:15 am. 

9 hours ago, VMarie said:

I’m in the same predicament as you :( except I emailed the exams unit and they told me I have to report tomorrow @ 7:30am.

When you got there did they give you all the papers that your suppose to have?

yup.

dont trip too hward lol

7 hours ago, Mtahopeful2018 said:

I was there this morning and although they mentioned we would be for the June class, I have a hard time believing it. There were quite a few people there today. Of course I could be wrong. 

I did not have my HS diploma and they said bring it or an official document from H.S. next time.

i arrived 700am, left 11:15 am. 

That’s the same thing i was thinking, because she told us that we were all being considered for the april class, a class of 65 people, but my list number is in the 70s, so I don’t know how that’s possible. Unless some of the people didn’t pass the OPA and also keep in mind that everyone wasn’t there for conductor. 

You have to keep in mind that not everyone will accept the job, some might fail the drug screening, and some people will be placed on medical hold. For me personally i wouldn't be able to start in the April or June class because of school obligations that's why I'm hoping they announce a mid July or August class so that i can proceed with medical without having to take my name off the list. I'm still going to fill out my 21 page booklet just incase. 

When i was there and she asked us to raise our hand for who's there for conductor it did seem like the majority raised their hand.  It does seem crazy that in the first month of using the list they're already in the 500's for pre employment already.

@Gdsimmons646 please ket us know if they announce more classes for the summer and goodluck to you.

1 hour ago, Jchambers2120 said:

You have to keep in mind that not everyone will accept the job, some might fail the drug screening, and some people will be placed on medical hold. For me personally i wouldn't be able to start in the April or June class because of school obligations that's why I'm hoping they announce a mid July or August class so that i can proceed with medical without having to take my name off the list. I'm still going to fill out my 21 page booklet just incase. 

When i was there and she asked us to raise our hand for who's there for conductor it did seem like the majority raised their hand.  It does seem crazy that in the first month of using the list they're already in the 500's for pre employment already.

@Gdsimmons646 please ket us know if they announce more classes for the summer and goodluck to you.

She announced another class in July. She said she’s not sure of the date as of yet

1 hour ago, Jchambers2120 said:

People are definitely fail the drug test and people are definitely gonna be put on medical hold and even fail it, and also not everyone is going to take the job. So things could happen very fast

Hey everyone, first time posting here, so i apologize if any of what I’m about to say has already been answered and I’m just repeating old questions, but any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Anyway, I scored 95.00 on the test and my list # is 33xx. I know that’s not the greatest # to have, but i also don’t think it’s too bad either from what I’ve been told by someone i know who used to work for the MTA. Also, I haven’t received any letter yet about taking the OPA. Should I be worried that I haven’t received a letter about taking that or does it seem about right that my list # wouldn’t have been called yet for that next step. I have skimmed through some of the posts here and see that people in the first few hundreds of the list are going into pre employment, so it’s good to see that things are moving. Is there any hope that my list # has a chance of ever being called? If so, does anyone have an idea or a guess of maybe when they would reach it? Like I said before any feedback would be helpful. Congratulations btw to anyone who has been called for pre employment and best of luck to everyone else waiting.

5 hours ago, Stru385 said:

Hey everyone, first time posting here, so i apologize if any of what I’m about to say has already been answered and I’m just repeating old questions, but any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Anyway, I scored 95.00 on the test and my list # is 33xx. I know that’s not the greatest # to have, but i also don’t think it’s too bad either from what I’ve been told by someone i know who used to work for the MTA. Also, I haven’t received any letter yet about taking the OPA. Should I be worried that I haven’t received a letter about taking that or does it seem about right that my list # wouldn’t have been called yet for that next step. I have skimmed through some of the posts here and see that people in the first few hundreds of the list are going into pre employment, so it’s good to see that things are moving. Is there any hope that my list # has a chance of ever being called? If so, does anyone have an idea or a guess of maybe when they would reach it? Like I said before any feedback would be helpful. Congratulations btw to anyone who has been called for pre employment and best of luck to everyone else waiting.

Going based on the last test you could be looking around 3 years, maybe a bit more depending if they meet their conductor needs. You won't receive a letter for the OPA until they are closer to the point that they will want you for pre-employment. 

7 hours ago, Stru385 said:

Email exams and tell your list number and ask them when they will give out the OPA for your number. I did that and they said that the second round of OPAs will go out during them 1st quarter of 2018, and it was true because I received the OPA in the mail 2 weeks ago

4 hours ago, LIRRMedford said:

Going based on the last test you could be looking around 3 years, maybe a bit more depending if they meet their conductor needs. You won't receive a letter for the OPA until they are closer to the point that they will want you for pre-employment. 

I'm 1900's. 2 yrs for me? 

2 hours ago, Schecter said:

Did you receive the OPA yet at least?

Yea passed it too. I go to 85% at my job in July to $30.50 or so and we're fighting for $32.00

Now if i get hired 2020 im at 100pct pay then prob about $38 then with ot kicking in after 35hrs. Im on pace for making $93k this yr. Not including my bump in July. Gonna be hard to leave that. Same pace in 2020 would easily be over $120k. Just pension is 1,200 per mo and mta much more. I get free lunches at work and some comp nights at hotels worldwide. Just that pension that has me interested. 

17 minutes ago, Nyctransitorhotels said:

Yea passed it too. I go to 85% at my job in July to $30.50 or so and we're fighting for $32.00

Now if i get hired 2020 im at 100pct pay then prob about $38 then with ot kicking in after 35hrs. Im on pace for making $93k this yr. Not including my bump in July. Gonna be hard to leave that. Same pace in 2020 would easily be over $120k. Just pension is 1,200 per mo and mta much more. I get free lunches at work and some comp nights at hotels worldwide. Just that pension that has me interested. 

Damn way better than my job lmao I work for the housing lotteries 😭