Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

12 hours ago, CTK246 said:

High 900s, got pre-employment letter today for April 13.

9 hours ago, LIRRMedford said:

Ok got home and sure enough pre employment letter! Going in next friday too! #1030

Im 912 and I only received my opa letter which I passed!!

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, JayAre said:

High 900’s, got a pre employment letter. Never took OPA. Going in April 13th. Does anyone know what that day is going to consist of? 

Lots of paperwork. Fill out the paperwork they sent you, and have everything they request ready to go. You will also do a drug test and they'll hand you a packet as homework

8 hours ago, Rahmel said:

Im 912 and I only received my opa letter which I passed!!

The same thing happened to me I called the employment center and told them I didn’t receive a pre employment letter list number in the 200’s  and they told me to come in Monday at 7:30 

21 minutes ago, Sha123 said:

The same thing happened to me I called the employment center and told them I didn’t receive a pre employment letter list number in the 200’s  and they told me to come in Monday at 7:30 

Whats the number for the employment center?

38 minutes ago, Dave2836 said:

According to the NOE page 2, the OPA is a requirement for the job.  Skipping the OPA might result in an unfavorable outcome.

The reason why I mentioned it was because some other guy or girl on this forum mentioned that they never took the OPA and just got the pre employment letter 

2 hours ago, Bmpo7 said:

700's here. Should I be worried if I havent received my preemployment letter yet? Just asking since people in the 900's received theirs. I did receiving passing OPA results btw.

Wait about a week. If you receive nothing in the mail, send an email to them or visit 180 Livingston in person to get an update.

I’m thinking of forgetting about this job. It’s a shame. 

I moved to Florida about a year after taking 6601. I’m list number 16xx. I was told to update my address with the exams unit and I did that right when I moved to Florida. I also have a forward active with the USPS. However, I never received the OPA invite but I did receive my NOR last month to my Florida address. I was always planning on moving back to NY; this is just temporary. Been here a year and four months so far.

I’m ready to take a quick trip to NY and do all the OPA stuff but I still haven’t received anything; just NOR.

19 minutes ago, RedViper90 said:

I moved to Florida about a year after taking 6601. I’m list number 16xx. I was told to update my address with the exams unit and I did that right when I moved to Florida. I also have a forward active with the USPS. However, I never received the OPA invite but I did receive my NOR last month to my Florida address. I was always planning on moving back to NY; this is just temporary. Been here a year and four months so far.

I’m ready to take a quick trip to NY and do all the OPA stuff but I still haven’t received anything; just NOR.

You got a great list number. Probably 1-2 years tops. I think you shouldn't forget about it. Definitely don't depend on it, but I think you got a great chance.

32 minutes ago, RedViper90 said:

If I were you I would email the exams unit and ask about the OPA I did back in December of last year and asked when my list number would receive the OPA and they said that the next rounds of OPA will go out during the 1st quarter of 2018. And they also informed me that they have over 30k candidates and etc.

16 minutes ago, Schecter said:

If I were you I would email the exams unit and ask about the OPA I did back in December of last year and asked when my list number would receive the OPA and they said that the next rounds of OPA will go out during the 1st quarter of 2018. And they also informed me that they have over 30k candidates and etc.

Definitely. I emailed them on Thursday. Hopefully, I’ll receive a response from them this week. I’m planning on moving back to NY by November of this year when I’m done with HVAC school. They’ll probably reach my number by then. 

8 minutes ago, Mohamed said:

Quick question so what's the latest list number are they up to now?? 

As of date for pre employment what's the list number they're calling??

There is no sure answer, the exam unit might give it to you. But we go by the posts in this thread, so far I think the highest number is 1170

Edited by LIRRMedford

2 hours ago, leaveORbust said:

anyone know what the latest list number called was? I'm 10xxx... does this mean it's game over for me?

Theres may factors that are at play a lot of people who are going through the pre employment and medical aren't all going to go through. I notice that when it came to me doing the NYPD process we started off with 1000s of candidates at the beginning at towards the academy only a couple went through.