Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

On 4/7/2018 at 6:34 PM, SevenEleven said:

Wait about a week. If you receive nothing in the mail, send an email to them or visit 180 Livingston in person to get an update.

Hey thank you so much. Do you know what would happen if by any chance they did skip my number? Or I didn't receive my preemployment letter for any chance (and they claim they sent it)? 

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

Hey thank you so much. Do you know what would happen if by any chance they did skip my number? Or I didn't receive my preemployment letter for any chance (and they claim they sent it)? 

If you call them and it turns out that either of the two happened, they will tell you to come in. They will reprint your admission letter and get the ball rolling for pre-employment. 

27 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

If you call them and it turns out that either of the two happened, they will tell you to come in. They will reprint your admission letter and get the ball rolling for pre-employment. 

Thank you so much! I appreciate the information.

1 hour ago, Rafael Azafrani said:

Are you able to defer your start date?  All I got left is the medical which is on Wednesday.  But i was not expecting the April 22nd start date. 

If you can defer, what's the process for it, and how long can you hold out till?

I'm curious to know aswell because i won't be able to start on the upcoming class in June. We may be able to because if I'm not mistaken the medicals are valid for 90 days so you could probably get into the next class but somone with a higher list # who takes your spot will have seniority over you. The best way to find out what probabky be just going in person or calling the pre employment center.

Also, if you don't mind me asking what is your list # range? I'm in the low 400's and did pre-employment last week and I'm waiting for the second email.

7 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

I'm curious to know aswell because i won't be able to start on the upcoming class in June. We may be able to because if I'm not mistaken the medicals are valid for 90 days so you could probably get into the next class but somone with a higher list # who takes your spot will have seniority over you. The best way to find out what probabky be just going in person or calling the pre employment center.

Also, if you don't mind me asking what is your list # range? I'm in the low 400's and did pre-employment last week and I'm waiting for the second email.

Im list number 55.  Wasn't expecting to score so low.  Ideally, I'd like to start at the June class or even one after that.  Would like to use the PTO at my current job before Im gonna be stuck working the shifts at the MTA.

1 hour ago, Rafael Azafrani said:

Im list number 55.  Wasn't expecting to score so low.  Ideally, I'd like to start at the June class or even one after that.  Would like to use the PTO at my current job before Im gonna be stuck working the shifts at the MTA.

I was thinking the same thing, but then I can just use the PTO for my job as my 2 weeks, or attempt to go seasonal. 

That, or I'll just give it away :(

3 minutes ago, Schecter said:

So I have the OPA tomrrow guys I'm extremely nervous and dont know what to expect. I was also wondering what type of attire should I wear to the OPA tomorrow.

For the OPA don't even stress it.

Someone came in a basketball shorts, and a white t shirt to mine. 

They don't even really talk to you, and it is not an interview. Just don't dress like a bum. :\

1 minute ago, Schecter said:

So I have the OPA tomrrow guys I'm extremely nervous and dont know what to expect. I was also wondering what type of attire should I wear to the OPA tomorrow.

Dress however you like no need to be dressed super sharp at all. The first part they will play a recording then you will have to answer few questions based on your memory of it so just pay close attention and you will be fine.  For the second part they will show you pictures and you describe what is going on I was nervous because this seemed like an interview so I wasn't at my best, but I still passed. 

Try to get there early so you can be at the front of the line because you will have to wait as everyone does the interview portion individually and if you are last expect to be there waiting for 3 hours plus .

Good Luck!

9 minutes ago, kellgh said:

I was thinking the same thing, but then I can just use the PTO for my job as my 2 weeks, or attempt to go seasonal. 

That, or I'll just give it away :(

Hey when did you go for pre-employment? Last week?

15 minutes ago, Schecter said:

It's memory based and then they show you a bunch of pics and ask you what's happening in the pic. 

The only advice I would give is go into tomorrow with good rest and a clear head. You will need to focus. You should be fine. 

2 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Same here, I won't be able to start anytime soon because of basic scheduling conflict with my wife, picking up my daughter from school,  and personal issues with mother taking her to appts, etc.

during the orientation/before drug test the lady stated our work schedules will be all over the place and I'm having trouble right now figuring out who's going to pick up daughter on a consistent basis in case I can't be there.

List number high 300's and i might to defer as well. 

Any info on deferring would be greatly appreciated 

6 minutes ago, Mtahopeful2018 said:

Same here, I won't be able to start anytime soon because of basic scheduling conflict with my wife, picking up my daughter from school,  and personal issues with mother taking her to appts, etc.

during the orientation/before drug test the lady stated our work schedules will be all over the place and I'm having trouble right now figuring out who's going to pick up daughter on a consistent basis in case I can't be there.

List number high 300's and i might to defer as well. 

Any info on deferring would be greatly appreciated 

I was wondering the same thing. I have a family vacation that i already paid for even before i got my list number. I didn’t expect everything to happen so fast. I hope i could start the june 3rd class instead, if not i guess i’ll just have to lose my money. We shall see tomorrow when i go for medical.

9 minutes ago, N1CKR said:

Just wanted to know how long after pre-employment did some you receive an e-mail for medical.

People who had pre-employment last week Monday, got emails last Friday, to come in for medicals on Tuesday. So looking like 4 business days later. But they might be rushing them along cause their class is so soon. Take that into consideration.

7 minutes ago, adorkasherri said:

People who had pre-employment last week Monday, got emails last Friday, to come in for medicals on Tuesday. So looking like 4 business days later. But they might be rushing them along cause their class is so soon. Take that into consideration.

Wow no kidding that is fast, so when you take the medical then what?

Just now, playtoannoy said:

Does anyone know if you start with full time?  Is the training paid?  

I'm a bit nervous transitioning jobs.  I know I'll probably end up taking a pay cut, but hope it's not too much of a difference from my current job.

Not sure if you start with full time, but I think you do. Training is paid. I did calculations and we start with about 42k a year :/

7 minutes ago, adorkasherri said:

Not sure if you start with full time, but I think you do. Training is paid. I did calculations and we start with about 42k a year :/

I'm hoping there's not only full time, but overtime available ASAP.

I'm leaving a job that pays around 6 figures for this.  I'm hoping after a few years of raises and some overtime, I can come close to that again.

25 minutes ago, playtoannoy said:

I'm hoping there's not only full time, but overtime available ASAP.

I'm leaving a job that pays around 6 figures for this.  I'm hoping after a few years of raises and some overtime, I can come close to that again.

I really have to ask: why are you leaving a 6 figure job for this job?

Anybody know where they up to in the preemployment? I read somewhere here 1,1xx but not sure how that person actually got a preemployment without the OPA. Who is the highest person so far (that we know) that received passing OPA results and preemployment?

31 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

I really have to ask: why are you leaving a 6 figure job for this job?

Mostly because I'm burnt out on my current job.  It's not a good "career".  It's more of a fast, high pressure hustle, fly by night type of job.  I want to move into something with benefits and a pension.

If you're wondering what it is, I'm a car salesman.  I'm so over it.  I started really young, and have been at it for over 15 years.  I want a change, something with stability, and no sales goals involved.