Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

24 minutes ago, CTK246 said:

Damn...I don't even know how to tie a tie :/

Is that what's gonna get between me and this job?

Yea learn how to do it on YouTube that’s what I did when I finally got tired of asking people to do it for me as I kept getting older lol. Check out this dude, real easy 

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Smrch said:

I wonder what the highest # going in to the April 23rd class will be

Would guess 5xx or 600 since that's where they are up to on preemployment letters. Probably a bunch of people in 5xx who are ready to go and didn't defer. How many people go per class?

Edited by Bmpo7

17 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

Would guess 5xx or 600 since that's where they are up to on preemployment letters. Probably a bunch of people in 5xx who are ready to go and didn't defer. How many people go per class?

I called today and I wasn't scheduled for a medical for that class so they aren't that high yet. I'm in the low 400's. When I went to pre-employment last week we were told most of us would be in the upcoming June class depending on our list number.

40 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

I called today and I wasn't scheduled for a medical for that class so they aren't that high yet. I'm in the low 400's. When I went to pre-employment last week we were told most of us would be in the upcoming June class depending on our list number.

Im low 300’s and havent gotten anything either, i hooe they even make it that far by June, cus this April class is only 65 people i believe

Hey everyone I’m new to this thread. I got my list number in the mail a few weeks back. My list is 4,400 something, I can’t remember the exact number. What are the  chances of getting a call back? Anyone have any insight? Thanks. 

On 3/14/2018 at 3:00 PM, Jchambers2120 said:

Damn I'm sorry to hear that. I never called, I just emailed the exams unit whenever i have a question.

Today makes 1 month since the list has officially been "established" and they still haven't updated their website in 2 years, let alone announce when they're going to start hiring. Frustrating to say the least...

I tried to google the exams unit and nothing came up. Where did you find the email address? Thanks

58 minutes ago, Dgopes said:

Hey everyone I’m new to this thread. I got my list number in the mail a few weeks back. My list is 4,400 something, I can’t remember the exact number. What are the  chances of getting a call back? Anyone have any insight? Thanks. 

I think there's a good chance. You should definitely forget about it, as it probably wont be for like 3-4 years if they do, but I think they will.

1 hour ago, Dgopes said:

Your chances of being called from the list is probable. The last number calles from prior Conductor exam was 10xx. All we can do at this point is wait.

3 minutes ago, Schecter said:

For the speech part of the OPA I got a 0 on one of the questions and 1 point for the rest of the questions so 9 points out of 10. Is that good I noticed some people only got 5 points and 3 when I went yesterday 

where you required recall a sentence or read a sample sentence?

28 minutes ago, CocoaMint29 said:

where you required recall a sentence or read a sample sentence?

You go into a room with 3 people and they show you pictures and they ask you what would you do in a certain situation and then you answer them. The auditory part you just listen to a recording and then answer questions based on what you heard. 

3 hours ago, Schecter said:

Yeah you're so right especially because we have 32BJ and starting off pay for me was 24.50 an hour

Local 6 here. My starting pay was about $26 per hr. Doormen about the same. They max out at $35.50 i think this july. 

Not much tips but holiday time they get $11-$15k bonus from residents. Also some ot and most work holidays to get that extra 9 days paid. Brings up 90k-$110k most some more. 

Why you leaving?? That's a good gig. 

For those of you who are looking to defer, don't do what I did.  I went in today to do the medical, with every intention of deferring to the next class.  I went to every counter they sent me to and asked what I needed to do, no one could give me an answer, all they would do is just give me a nasty look and rush me to do more paperwork.  Spent all day there again, and finished my medical.  When I went to hand in my stuff, I asked the lady at the counter, again, what do I need to do to defer.  She had no answer, and decided to finally ask someone who was in charge for conductors.

When that lady came in, she looked at my paperwork and asked why I bothered to do the pre-employment, and the medical, if I wasn't planning on starting on the 22nd.  -__-  I told her that I asked every single station I had visited, even the doctors who check you out, and no one could give me an answer, and just rushed me to do more paperwork. 

Turns out, when you came in for pre-employment, all you had to do was just decline the offer, and be done with it.  You then would have to go to the DCAS building in manhattan and essentially put yourself back on the list for the conductors list.  If you happen to have finished medical like I did, it's good for 90 days.   She told me that I should come in, sometime in the first or second week of may to put myself back on the list and that I might still not be able to get on the next class rotation, but it's what I would have to do. 

Good luck guys!