Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

I took the conductor and it had no landmarks or 

Focus on the things that you can control, and tune out the things you can't.

You control your test score, and that's it. Don't worry about how many people are taking the exam, it does you absolutely no good at all. Just focus, make sure your reading comprehension, NYC area geography, and military time are up to snuff, and knock it out of the park. All the rest is noise.

I took the conductor exam and it had NO military time and NO landmarks as I was told...? It was total reading comprehension, writing proper incident reports, understanding directions (following them) etc. I suspect this is because it's just 1 part of a bigger picture before the next phase?

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see you guys did well. I wish you all good luck on your scores. I'm still scheduled to take mine on the 24th. Wish I would've gotten an earlier date like you guys but hey, I'll get it anyway. I just hope the wait after the exam won't be like Sanitation. I scored a 100.14 on that one....they told me to forget about it; not high enough.

Your not out of Sanitation necessarily, it will just be a longer wait. I got 102.4 and I got a 4K list number. They just generated a 3600 list, so your not out it's just a longer wait. To me those guys aren't retiring because there is so much money to be made once your on the job and made it past your first 3yrs. 

If you've been fingerprinted for another city exam, do you still have to go through that process again for this exam? Also is it done before or after the exam? I took other city exams before but this is the first time I've taken an exam processed by the MTA themselves.

Your not out of Sanitation necessarily, it will just be a longer wait. I got 102.4 and I got a 4K list number. They just generated a 3600 list, so your not out it's just a longer wait. To me those guys aren't retiring because there is so much money to be made once your on the job and made it past your first 3yrs.

If you've been fingerprinted for another city exam, do you still have to go through that process again for this exam? Also is it done before or after the exam? I took other city exams before but this is the first time I've taken an exam processed by the MTA themselves.

Unfortunately, yes, especially if it is for a different agency. It is probably done during the exam - it takes a matter of seconds to complete.

If it takes seconds then I'm not bothered, thought it would be another line etc etc. Thanks for the answer!

It'll be done once you get to your assigned seats and the test information is given out.

For others asking, 80 questions, 3 hours, you can leave once you're finished.

I took the test today and trust me when I say its easy! If anyone took their test today plz pm/DM me. I have a question for you. Dont want to say on here because not trying to give future test takers an edge over the one who already took the test

Well, your PM feature is not activated yet...from what I can see. If the question is not too specific, then you can ask it here...the more general you are, the better.

By the way, I took the test this afternoon as well. I will admit that there were a couple of tricky questions...

I took the test today and trust me when I say its easy! If anyone took their test today plz pm/DM me. I have a question for you. Dont want to say on here because not trying to give future test takers an edge over the one who already took the test

Are you thinking about comparing your Candidate's Record of Answers sheet to others?  If so, I would say it's probably a waste of time.  I did that with Bus Operator exam 4600 and can tell you that everyone I pmed who took the test at the same time/date as me had different answers.  I think everyone gets the same questions on the test but they're listed in different order in the booklets.

Edited by Ctrain24

Hold on you, scored "100.14" isn't that the most you can get? So why weren't you able to get through?

I just looked through my old NOR for Sanitation. My score was actually 100.7140 for which there were a couple thousand more people. The number one guy at the top of the list received a God-like score of 133.5710; he had D, P, S, and R credits (Disabled Vet, Parent & Sibling, and finally, Residency) A grand slam! So, this is why I say that I hope Conductor odds won't be the same as Sanitation odds; I tossed my results out the window for the latter.

I took the exam yesterday at 3pm. Yes the exam is easy in the sense of the concepts being easy, but I still utilized most of the time allowed(2:50 out of 3:00). I wanted t make sure that I got 100 on that exam or very close to it. I was the second to last person left in that room and my ego was a little hurt by that, especially with a few people leaving half way into the exam. I hope everyone did well, but I do think that people will get a lower score than expected because they underestimated the exam and probably did not answer the questions with caution. There was one question in particular which I am pretty sure had two correct answers on the key. I hope everyone had a good experience, I believe I scored between 98-100. Ask me any questions if curious and share your experiences. How long did you guys take on the exam?

Are you thinking about comparing your Candidate's Record of Answers sheet to others?  If so, I would say it's probably a waste of time.  I did that with Bus Operator exam 4600 and can tell you that everyone I pmed who took the test at the same time/date as me had different answers.  I think everyone gets the same questions on the test but they're listed in different order in the booklets.

Everyone who took the test on the same day and time have the same test. The ppl who take it the same day but say PM and not AM get the same questions but moved around. I dont want to compare just ask about a specific question

Everyone who took the test on the same day and time have the same test. The ppl who take it the same day but say PM and not AM get the same questions but moved around. I dont want to compare just ask about a specific question

Did they make a big deal about bringing backbacks?

Well, your PM feature is not activated yet...from what I can see. If the question is not too specific, then you can ask it here...the more general you are, the better.

By the way, I took the test this afternoon as well. I will admit that there were a couple of tricky questions...

I didn't see anyone with a backpack. So I really can't say if it will be an issue

I took the exam yesterday at 3pm. Yes the exam is easy in the sense of the concepts being easy, but I still utilized most of the time allowed(2:50 out of 3:00). I wanted t make sure that I got 100 on that exam or very close to it. I was the second to last person left in that room and my ego was a little hurt by that, especially with a few people leaving half way into the exam. I hope everyone did well, but I do think that people will get a lower score than expected because they underestimated the exam and probably did not answer the questions with caution. There was one question in particular which I am pretty sure had two correct answers on the key. I hope everyone had a good experience, I believe I scored between 98-100. Ask me any questions if curious and share your experiences. How long did you guys take on the exam?

I also took it the same time as you, and I agree 100%, especially since I learned my lesson with the Track Worker test, in which if I had stayed a little longer to work on the two questions I was unsure of, I would have gotten a 97.5 or 100 compared to 95 and my current list #. 

As far as one question which had two correct answers...was the question number in between 41 and 50? I'm curious when the Proposed Answer Key comes out what the story is...worse comes to worse, I'll protest it and hopefully they will throw the question out.

No. I came from Queens to take the test, and I just kept it on the floor or underneath my chair.

I also took it the same time as you, and I agree 100%, especially since I learned my lesson with the Track Worker test, in which if I had stayed a little longer to work on the two questions I was unsure of, I would have gotten a 97.5 or 100 compared to 95 and my current list #. 

As far as one question which had two correct answers...was the question number in between 41 and 50? I'm curious when the Proposed Answer Key comes out what the story is...worse comes to worse, I'll protest it and hopefully they will throw the question out.

No. I came from Queens to take the test, and I just kept it on the floor or underneath my chair.

Yes exactly, it wouldn't be surprising to accidentally bubble in the wrong answer, no rush. Yes the question was in the 40's. It was the question type that involved when tracks a-b and r-g being fixed and what time certain trains would be affected during those times when work was being done on those particular tracks. Ring a bell?

Yes exactly, it wouldn't be surprising to accidentally bubble in the wrong answer, no rush. Yes the question was in the 40's. It was the question type that involved when tracks a-b and r-g being fixed and what time certain trains would be affected during those times when work was being done on those particular tracks. Ring a bell?

Not only does it ring a bell, it rings a BIG bell.