Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

9 hours ago, Dred said:

I'm in the 700's and have not received a pre-employment letter. I heard someone mention a few pages back that they sent out pre-employment letters up to 1000.

Has anyone with list number 700 or higher receive a pre-employment letter?

I'm also 700's and haven't received one.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LIRRMedford said:

1030 to be exact, thats my number and I went to pre-employment yesterday

Ok, with that, it’s safe to say that transit has a pretty shitty system when it comes to processing exams. Really unorganized to say the least.

7 minutes ago, RedViper90 said:

Ok, with that, it’s safe to say that transit has a pretty shitty system when it comes to processing exams. Really unorganized to say the least.

The only process that's really neat that I've been through was the NYPD process they dont call you based on list number and the process is much faster 

1 hour ago, Schecter said:

Call or email them Monday morning and ask them. I would say go in to 180 Livingston but idk if you guys wanna make the trip to brooklyn to ask.

I did e-mail them, and they said they were up to 600.

2 hours ago, Gdsimmons646 said:

Anyone have any idea when those of us for the presumed June 4 class will get called for medical? Only asking cause on Monday Im going to Amsterdam til the following Sunday and dont wanna miss anything. Hoping its the week of the 22 and not the week of the 16. 

What list # are you? I think people in June class would take their medical some time in May

On 4/11/2018 at 11:52 AM, Nyctransitorhotels said:

Local 6 here. My starting pay was about $26 per hr. Doormen about the same. They max out at $35.50 i think this july. 

Not much tips but holiday time they get $11-$15k bonus from residents. Also some ot and most work holidays to get that extra 9 days paid. Brings up 90k-$110k most some more. 

Why you leaving?? That's a good gig. 

Dude where can I look into this?  My father in law was a doorman for years.  Recently retired with a pension but I hear it’s incredibly hard to get into.  If you do it’s via relative or good friend.  

On 4/12/2018 at 9:50 PM, Sank said:

Just received notice today to go in for final processing April 18th for station Station agent with start date of May 14th. I’ll be doing that until conductor calls me. Good luck. 

Did they establish a list yet for station agent? 

Does anyone know, how long after your pre-employment do you get either an email or call to go back in for more processing? Can anyone please provide the email or phone in which I can contact for that info? Thanks

28 minutes ago, Stac said:

Does anyone know, how long after your pre-employment do you get either an email or call to go back in for more processing? Can anyone please provide the email or phone in which I can contact for that info? Thanks

They say between 3-90 days. If all goes well, they'll email you about 3-5 days after pre-employment to come in for final medical and the interview

6 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

Well they could be done with april I haven't gotten a medical notice and the class is next monday,Plus you still have to go through pre-employment before medical

Would it be possible to get the pre employment or would I have to wait 5 to 6 months for the results like everyone else