Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

4 hours ago, Mr Marta said:

Real simple take the promotion and once MTA call you leave but don’t leave your job until you officially a MTA conductor (complete training)...these companies and jobs is not loyal to us so why be loyal to them? it’s all business doesn’t matter how long you been with them so don’t look at it as messed up if you take the promotion and Split later on down the line when MTA call 

Agree w/ Mr. Marta, just unsure if you can hold another job while in training - during orientation the rep stated school will be all hours of the day/night, similar to real job once hired (part of the reason I may have to defer for now)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Mr Marta said:

Real simple take the promotion and once MTA call you leave but don’t leave your job until you officially a MTA conductor (complete training)...these companies and jobs is not loyal to us so why be loyal to them? it’s all business doesn’t matter how long you been with them so don’t look at it as messed up if you take the promotion and Split later on down the line when MTA call 

I had to defer my job role b/c I work full time at my current position.

I'd prefer the MTA job, so I was OK with this :<

Hi everyone, just a quick question. I've been calling for updated info weekly, and I'm almost POSITIVE the info for me changed from not being on an outstanding certification, to now being on an outstanding certification. What does that mean? Thanks

5 minutes ago, goukix said:

Hi everyone, just a quick question. I've been calling for updated info weekly, and I'm almost POSITIVE the info for me changed from not being on an outstanding certification, to now being on an outstanding certification. What does that mean? Thanks

"Not on an Outstanding Certification means: You are now found eligible for hiring when your list number is reached. 

"Outstanding Certification means: Your credentials and qualifications are under review to deem you eligible for hiring.

30 minutes ago, Schecter said:

"Not on an Outstanding Certification means: You are now found eligible for hiring when your list number is reached. 

"Outstanding Certification means: Your credentials and qualifications are under review to deem you eligible for hiring.

Cool thanks for the quick response. Reaching far here; does this status change mean I'm getting close to contact?

17 hours ago, Bmpo7 said:

Want to ask for some personal advice: Was recently offered a promotion at my job (currently at $19.50 at my position, promotion would put me at $22). My list number for this exam is low 700's. I would take the conductor job all day over my current job (I do love my job though). Should I turn down the position and wait it out?  Would hate to turn down the promotion and never get called from the conductor job (is that possible?). Feels like a good problem to have, but still feel stuck and would like some professional advice. 

Someone said it already. Virtually no job truly cares about you. Most places workers are expendable in their eyes. 

Take the promotion. Fact is you nor no one truly knows when you will get called. Things can happen fail the medical etc. 

Wish the best for everyone but your job can't knock you for it. Just give two weeks notice if you do start as conductor down the line. 

6 hours ago, MTAhopefullMatt said:

@EgyptianEyez, thanks for the response.  My score is 95 but my list number is 50**. Many people scored the same as I did.  

I haven't yet received an invite to come in for OPA.

My list is between 4800-4900 and I scored 95 too, one point can shift your list # but such a huge margin. 😕

15 hours ago, EgyptianEyez said:

My score was 96.25 and list number is 28**. I had my OPA on April 12th. 

Aren’t you on the SSA list too? I think I read your name on the thread. 

Edited by Dgopes

18 hours ago, Dgopes said:

They Takkng awhile to establish the list, the final answer key came out awhile back. 

Yes not sure why. I just got sworn in yesterday. Starting training and orientation May 14th. 

On 4/11/2018 at 3:15 PM, Rafael Azafrani said:

For those of you who are looking to defer, don't do what I did.  I went in today to do the medical, with every intention of deferring to the next class.  I went to every counter they sent me to and asked what I needed to do, no one could give me an answer, all they would do is just give me a nasty look and rush me to do more paperwork.  Spent all day there again, and finished my medical.  When I went to hand in my stuff, I asked the lady at the counter, again, what do I need to do to defer.  She had no answer, and decided to finally ask someone who was in charge for conductors.

When that lady came in, she looked at my paperwork and asked why I bothered to do the pre-employment, and the medical, if I wasn't planning on starting on the 22nd.  -__-  I told her that I asked every single station I had visited, even the doctors who check you out, and no one could give me an answer, and just rushed me to do more paperwork. 

Turns out, when you came in for pre-employment, all you had to do was just decline the offer, and be done with it.  You then would have to go to the DCAS building in manhattan and essentially put yourself back on the list for the conductors list.  If you happen to have finished medical like I did, it's good for 90 days.   She told me that I should come in, sometime in the first or second week of may to put myself back on the list and that I might still not be able to get on the next class rotation, but it's what I would have to do. 

Good luck guys!

Did you put your name back on the list yet