Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

On 4/28/2018 at 11:29 AM, AngelRC said:

If you were in the military, they'll give extra points. We have people who scored 102 on the exam so their list number is up there in the single digits. Also, some people could've been placed on medical hold.

For medical, they'll have you do a questionnaire. Then a hearing test, vision test, ekg, and ask about sleep apnea. If all goes well with medical, they'll have you wait in the area where you were in the morning for your interview. There you will find out if you made the class. Fingerprints and photo for your pass will be done that same day.

Thank you for your information. Hopefully they get around to start calling for the June class soon. Really hoping to be in that one

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/25/2018 at 4:25 PM, Stac said:

Whats the SSA list and how can I view it?

Ssa is the station agent exam number 6600.. they are hiring provisional from that exam but as far as I can tell no official list has been established  

10 hours ago, Gdsimmons646 said:

Thank you for your information. Hopefully they get around to start calling for the June class soon. Really hoping to be in that one

If you went to pre-employment already, you should be good for June or July class.

2 hours ago, AngelRC said:

If you went to pre-employment already, you should be good for June or July class.

I'm 1030 and went in i'm actually hoping more for the August class, my diabetes wasn't under control and I had my A1C done last week so won't be until the end of july until I can take it again and hopefully have it controlled by then

21 hours ago, LIRRMedford said:

I'm 1030 and went in i'm actually hoping more for the August class, my diabetes wasn't under control and I had my A1C done last week so won't be until the end of july until I can take it again and hopefully have it controlled by then

You went for preemployment? 

For the people who have been thru the process already once you get your list what is the next step? Opa? And how would they contact you letting you know what the next step is? Phone, email or call? 

Edited by Dgopes

2 hours ago, Dgopes said:

For the people who have been thru the process already once you get your list what is the next step? Opa? And how would they contact you letting you know what the next step is? Phone, email or call? 

MAIL. 

On 5/2/2018 at 12:50 PM, Gdsimmons646 said:

Patiently waiting for that medical email. Lol. I know a lot of us are . 

We are all waiting...they told me that I would be part of the June 3rd class....sure don't look like it

1 hour ago, Jrwave said:

We are all waiting...they told me that I would be part of the June 3rd class....sure don't look like it

If they said you'll be in the June 3rd class, chances are you will be in that class, unless there's a medical hold. By that time, my class should be close to wrapping up

3 hours ago, Jrwave said:

Well for the april 23rd class, my medical wasn’t until April 10th(13 days away). You still have time.

20 hours ago, AngelRC said:

If they said you'll be in the June 3rd class, chances are you will be in that class, unless there's a medical hold. By that time, my class should be close to wrapping up

Patient is key I guess.....lets see what happens