Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

9 hours ago, Gdsimmons646 said:

Hopefully they start the ball rolling soon. Maybe next week. Its less than a month for the next class. I just wanna give me other job enough notice. Dont wanna leave rushed 

No lie, I'm leaving as soon as they call me. My loyalty lies with my family. 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Gdsimmons646 said:

I just wanna give me other job enough notice. Dont wanna leave rushed 

I have the exact feeling with my current job. Honestly though if a higher paying job calls or MTA calls, I'd hope I'm given sufficient time to part ways with my current job that has given me the opportunity. 

11 hours ago, Jrwave said:

No lie, I'm leaving as soon as they call me. My loyalty lies with my family. 

SMH.

37 minutes ago, peacemak3r said:

I have the exact feeling with my current job. Honestly though if a higher paying job calls or MTA calls, I'd hope I'm given sufficient time to part ways with my current job that has given me the opportunity. 

SMH.

It might sound bad, but not everyone get a fair treatment at their job. Plus, with the benefits that the MTA offers, of course I'm going with them! My son needs a good health care plan. That is why I said my loyalty lies with my family. 

43 minutes ago, Jrwave said:

It might sound bad, but not everyone get a fair treatment at their job. Plus, with the benefits that the MTA offers, of course I'm going with them! My son needs a good health care plan. That is why I said my loyalty lies with my family. 

Remember guys, with any job you are just a number to them & easily replaceable. 

This is an advice an old timer gave me in regards to a job. “A job is like a whore, you can Love it, but it won’t love you back”

I guess I'm having a more respectable view on it as I'm technically working for the city (no advancement though) and unionized. There's no way I can just walk out if MTA (or anyone offering higher) calls me on a better position.

Back to main topic, does OPA results typically take as long as the regular test?

3 hours ago, peacemak3r said:

I guess I'm having a more respectable view on it as I'm technically working for the city (no advancement though) and unionized. There's no way I can just walk out if MTA (or anyone offering higher) calls me on a better position.

Back to main topic, does OPA results typically take as long as the regular test?

It was about 6 months for me. Took OPA in October and got my results in April. 

6 hours ago, Physcoles said:

Remember guys, with any job you are just a number to them & easily replaceable. 

This is an advice an old timer gave me in regards to a job. “A job is like a whore, you can Love it, but it won’t love you back”

You're right! Great words.

33 minutes ago, Mr Marta said:

Hey guys I know I’m not bugging: I call to see what list number they up to I was told they haven’t started using the list yet...do anybody know what list number they up to?

Every time I have called or e-mailed, I get a different answer, so wouldn't pay too much attention to what they say over the phone. I'm sure it's not on purpose they do it, but they probably have so many things on their plate they are probably all over the place. But last time I checked they said they were up to 600 for preemployment. Again, not sure how accurate that is as there are people on this forum higher than that who claim they got preemployment already. I wish their automated system worked. 

1 hour ago, Bmpo7 said:

Every time I have called or e-mailed, I get a different answer, so wouldn't pay too much attention to what they say over the phone. I'm sure it's not on purpose they do it, but they probably have so many things on their plate they are probably all over the place. But last time I checked they said they were up to 600 for preemployment. Again, not sure how accurate that is as there are people on this forum higher than that who claim they got preemployment already. I wish their automated system worked. 

Yes i wished the automated system work as well because this is confusing...when I called two weeks ago I was told they were to 900

2 hours ago, Mr Marta said:

Yes i wished the automated system work as well because this is confusing...when I called two weeks ago I was told they were to 900

I'm low 700's and have received nothing. 

On 5/6/2018 at 3:42 PM, peacemak3r said:

If I were unionized I wouldn’t jump either.  For a lot of us that’s a big reason for wanting to get into the MTA.  It’s not the greatest job in the world, in fact it’s quite the opposite.  

As as far as OPA results, they don’t take as long as what it took for us to get our official test results and list #.  For those that started school car last month, I believe many of them took the OPA back in November. 

I called 2 weeks ago to see when I would be getting a pre employment letter. I'm number 695. They say they sent one out April 9th but I never received it. I don't know if they really sent it out but they say they did. She said they will defer me to the next wave of pre employment letters. Tomorrow is the day I'm able to call to get the date of when to come in just in case I never receive the new one thats going out now. 

16 minutes ago, So2rue said:

I called 2 weeks ago to see when I would be getting a pre employment letter. I'm number 695. They say they sent one out April 9th but I never received it. I don't know if they really sent it out but they say they did. She said they will defer me to the next wave of pre employment letters. Tomorrow is the day I'm able to call to get the date of when to come in just in case I never receive the new one thats going out now. 

That’s interesting you not the first person to have this happen to I remember someone saying this happen To them with the bus exam list number...if I was you I would CALL TODAY and ask for Ms.vargas (I think I spelled her name wrong but she in charge of the process of getting hired for the trains conductors)OR GO IN PERSON TODAY don’t wait til Friday nobody answer the phone they be so eager to just get off for the weekend and the next class starts in June that’s right around the corner 

Edited by Mr Marta
Spelling correction

1 hour ago, So2rue said:

Thats crazy. What number are you guys calling ?? 

3 hours ago, Mr Marta said:

That’s interesting you not the first person to have this happen to I remember someone saying this happen To them with the bus exam list number...if I was you I would CALL TODAY and ask for Ms.vargas (I think I spelled her name wrong but she in charge of the process of getting hired for the trains conductors)OR GO IN PERSON TODAY don’t wait til Friday nobody answer the phone they be so eager to just get off for the weekend and the next class starts in June that’s right around the corner 

I told her if I lost out now and she said no. They only passed the first 395 people for school, failed drug test or denied the job. What's the point of calling today if she told me it will not be there til tomorrow. 

22 minutes ago, So2rue said:

I told her if I lost out now and she said no. They only passed the first 395 people for school, failed drug test or denied the job. What's the point of calling today if she told me it will not be there til tomorrow. 

It boggles my mind how many people will screw themselves out of a great oppurtunity like this over something so stupid as failing a drug test.

When you call her tomorrow could you try to find out the dates for the July/August classes if possible? 

36 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

It boggles my mind how many people will screw themselves out of a great oppurtunity like this over something so stupid as failing a drug test.

When you call her tomorrow could you try to find out the dates for the July/August classes if possible? 

Yea no problem 

3 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

It doesn't boggle my mind at all. You have people making over $200k a year as high functioning coke heads on wall st. 

Depending on what they failed the drug test for. Marijuana will be legal in NY state soon and not just medicinally.  Opioids lotta people got on that and has been hard for them to get off. 

6 hours ago, So2rue said:

Oh I didn’t know you was waiting for something to get there...I was just responding to this section of your original post:

“Tomorrow is the day I'm able to call to get the date of when to come in just in case I never receive the new one thats going out now.”

Now based off that the whole point I was trying to make was it doesn’t matter if you wait til Friday to call,if they sent out the first pre employment on April 9th your information should be on file so you shouldn’t have to wait for the next wave of preemployment letters ..all you need is your name social and list number and they can look it up at 180 Livingston street...also the list don’t expire anytime soon so of course you not losing out  but classes do fill up quick losing out of the June  class is high