Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

10 hours ago, Mr Marta said:

Oh I didn’t know you was waiting for something to get there...I was just responding to this section of your original post:

“Tomorrow is the day I'm able to call to get the date of when to come in just in case I never receive the new one thats going out now.”

Now based off that the whole point I was trying to make was it doesn’t matter if you wait til Friday to call,if they sent out the first pre employment on April 9th your information should be on file so you shouldn’t have to wait for the next wave of preemployment letters ..all you need is your name social and list number and they can look it up at 180 Livingston street...also the list don’t expire anytime soon so of course you not losing out  but classes do fill up quick losing out of the June  class is high 

I got a booked vacation for late June early July so I don't mind lol. 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With a list number in the high 4700's (aka 4750 to 4799), I also got a letter for the OPA on Sunday, 6/3/18 as well. The problem is that I work on the weekends. Therefore, I sent them an email and we'll see what happens...

4 hours ago, +Young+ said:

With a list number in the high 4700's (aka 4750 to 4799), I also got a letter for the OPA on Sunday, 6/3/18 as well. The problem is that I work on the weekends. Therefore, I sent them an email and we'll see what happens...

I was somewhat under the same situation though I didn't get to change my OPA date, maybe I got connected with the wrong people. I, however, did get approved to take a personal day off, sucked that it was deducted from my remaining annual leave.

6 hours ago, Dgopes said:

What did the opa consist of? I got my date in June. 

Well, there is two parts. One is listening! Your memory needs to be on point during the first part of the test "multiple choice". Second, you need to look at scenarios and answer accordingly to each situation "verbal". 

On 5/12/2018 at 7:29 PM, Jrwave said:

Well, there is two parts. One is listening! Your memory needs to be on point during the first part of the test "multiple choice". Second, you need to look at scenarios and answer accordingly to each situation "verbal". 

Thanks.

How long did the exam take? The note says be prepared to stay for 5 hours. 

Edited by Dgopes
Correction

59 minutes ago, Dgopes said:

Thanks.

The exam is not long. The waiting is what kills you. By the way, try to be the first one in the building in the morning. Leaving the test site will be on order how you came in the test.

1 hour ago, Jrwave said:

The exam is not long. The waiting is what kills you. By the way, try to be the first one in the building in the morning. Leaving the test site will be on order how you came in the test.

2 hours ago, Dgopes said:

Thanks.

To add on to this be as early as possible, I showed up at 6 when the letter said 7, I was out by 945 number 4 to get in. When you go in they will have you sign in and wait in the lobby, when you are waiting try to stand as close to the elevators as possible they will tell you to stand on the further wall at first but casually slide next to the elevators cause they go by the order you sign in upstairs not down, the first guy signed in downstairs was number 18 upstairs cause he couldn't get on an elevator...

On 5/12/2018 at 4:39 PM, thatdudenixk17 said:

Yesterday I got both my OPA invite for June 6th, list #49**, and pre-employment for temporary TO

Which one are you thinking of pursuing more? I'm in the the same boat. I already completed my conductor OPA 2 weeks ago and also just finished "day 1" of the process for temporary T/O yesterday. I was thinking of focusing more on conductor and pass probationary period before pursuing T/O in case I don't pass and wash out I have something to fall back on. Aside from obvious pay rate and time that you will have already earned as T/O why start off as T/O? Getting that 100 on the signals test has me a little worried cause you're out if you don't get that 100. I've always done well at tests in school and also civil service tests but never excelled at them. 

2 hours ago, LIRRMedford said:

To add on to this be as early as possible, I showed up at 6 when the letter said 7, I was out by 945 number 4 to get in. When you go in they will have you sign in and wait in the lobby, when you are waiting try to stand as close to the elevators as possible they will tell you to stand on the further wall at first but casually slide next to the elevators cause they go by the order you sign in upstairs not down, the first guy signed in downstairs was number 18 upstairs cause he couldn't get on an elevator...

I was #2 on line waiting by the elevators but of course people stroll and with no common courtesy and complete ignore folks ahead of them. So when getting off the elevator and instead of lining up by the same order that you waited in the lobby they just bum rush people. So one lady who arrived in the lobby  after like 20+ people were already waiting before her she ended up #1 after getting off the elevator and I ended being #8 and the #1 person waiting in the lobby ended up #6 off the elevator. They should have had a list down in the lobby for people to sign in as they arrive so they can go by that order instead of the chaos that ensued. 

2 hours ago, apokeguy said:

They should have had a list down in the lobby for people to sign in as they arrive so they can go by that order instead of the chaos that ensued. 

Each and every time I reported to the 5th floor of the same location for whatever title, the same thing always happens...get used to it...

10 hours ago, Dgopes said:

Did they attach your list number to the TO paperwork? Btw Good luck on both processes.

Thanks!! But I didn't get the T/O offer. I am still waiting on the conductor preemployment letter. Good luck to you as well!

On 5/15/2018 at 3:34 PM, apokeguy said:

Which one are you thinking of pursuing more? I'm in the the same boat. I already completed my conductor OPA 2 weeks ago and also just finished "day 1" of the process for temporary T/O yesterday. I was thinking of focusing more on conductor and pass probationary period before pursuing T/O in case I don't pass and wash out I have something to fall back on. Aside from obvious pay rate and time that you will have already earned as T/O why start off as T/O? Getting that 100 on the signals test has me a little worried cause you're out if you don't get that 100. I've always done well at tests in school and also civil service tests but never excelled at them. 

Wow that’s crazy, I had the same mind set, I honestly wanted to start out as a conductor (childhood dream job) before going to T/O but the best thing is just getting your foot in the door. And having to get 100 every time might be pressurizing but as long you pay attention in school car, and study it shouldn’t be too hard.

On 5/15/2018 at 3:42 PM, apokeguy said:

I was #2 on line waiting by the elevators but of course people stroll and with no common courtesy and complete ignore folks ahead of them. So when getting off the elevator and instead of lining up by the same order that you waited in the lobby they just bum rush people. So one lady who arrived in the lobby  after like 20+ people were already waiting before her she ended up #1 after getting off the elevator and I ended being #8 and the #1 person waiting in the lobby ended up #6 off the elevator. They should have had a list down in the lobby for people to sign in as they arrive so they can go by that order instead of the chaos that ensued. 

I was number 3 or 4 by the elevator and i damn sure was 4 when i signed in. 

That cutting me in line don't fly with me. Think of it as a preparation for some rude straphangers 😂!!