Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

@hmc12989, interesting.

I'm surprised they're doing OPA sessions on Saturdays - they're open 6 days a week now?

I wonder if they're trying to get everything together to start to hire many conductors starting in the spring of next year.

May I ask how many questions you think you got wrong, based on the answer key?

I think I got 4 wrong, and haven't yet gotten my letter for OPA.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, MTAhopefullMatt said:

@hmc12989, interesting.

I'm surprised they're doing OPA sessions on Saturdays - they're open 6 days a week now?

I wonder if they're trying to get everything together to start to hire many conductors starting in the spring of next year.

May I ask how many questions you think you got wrong, based on the answer key?

I think I got 4 wrong, and haven't yet gotten my letter for OPA.

I think 2, maybe 3? I forget.

I know people who have taken promotional medicals on Saturday so 180 Livingston, so OPA tests on Saturday doesn't seem terribly unheard of. I was getting irritated myself, and then it showed up yesterday.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, jake3178 said:

new class is going through orientation today.. we get to meet you noobies on wednesday.. we're told you'll push us out of our favorite room!

I took the opa two months ago and still nothing. That new class must be from the old list. 

9 minutes ago, Rahmel said:

I took the opa two months ago and still nothing. That new class must be from the old list. 

Wow come to think of it today does make two months since i took my OPA aswell. It's crazy how time flies it felt like it was last week i took it.

At this point I'm more interested in seeing how we did on the OPA moreso than our list numbers. Hopefully it doesnt take too long since the opd exam should finally expire in Feburary.

1 minute ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Wow come to think of it today does make two months since i took my OPA aswell. It's crazy how time flies it felt like it was last week i took it.

At this point I'm more interested in seeing how we did on the OPA moreso than our list numbers. Hopefully it doesnt take too long since the opd exam should finally expire in Feburary.

The opa is a pass or fail it’s not scored. I’m not worried about it I know I passed. I’m concerned as to when I can start my drug test/physical and paperwork 

I heard from someone who works at the MTA for 50 years that they call the people who scored 100 through 105 first and then the 90s next and then etc etc. He said the people between the 90 and 99 should hear something next year or sooner. But they do the people who scored higher first and then work their way down the list.

One thing I didn't ask was about the list and when it comes out, does anyone on this forum know what the list number will tell us?

1 minute ago, Schecter said:

I heard from someone who works at the MTA for 50 years that they call the people who scored 100 through 105 first and then the 90s next and then etc etc. He said the people between the 90 and 99 should hear something next year or sooner. But they do the people who scored higher first and then work their way down the list.

One thing I didn't ask was about the list and when it comes out, does anyone on this forum know what the list number will tell us?

That is incorrect. I have friends and family who retired and still working for transit. The conductors exam is 100 top score not 105. However they work they way down. I got a 98 and was called for opa two months ago. They told me that the Top 2000 scores will be called in for the opa then those who passed will be called for the medical and physical. 

1 minute ago, Rahmel said:

That is incorrect. I have friends and family who retired and still working for transit. The conductors exam is 100 top score not 105. However they work they way down. I got a 98 and was called for opa two months ago. They told me that the Top 2000 scores will be called in for the opa then those who passed will be called for the medical and physical. 

I guess I received wrong information didn't know I got a 96 and didn't receive any opa from MTA which is really weird in that case

Just now, Schecter said:

I guess I received wrong information didn't know I got a 96 and didn't receive any opa from MTA which is really weird in that case

Yea I believe if you didn’t get a 97 or higher you will not receive the opa letter. It’s the top 2000 scores of the 6601 exam. Most likely you’ll have to wait until some time next year. Opa is finishing some time this month the instructor said. 

6 minutes ago, Rahmel said:

How/ when will we know if we passed the OPA? If you know. 

1 minute ago, Rahmel said:

Yea I believe if you didn’t get a 97 or higher you will not receive the opa letter. It’s the top 2000 scores of the 6601 exam. Most likely you’ll have to wait until some time next year. Opa is finishing some time this month the instructor said. 

So the opa is only given to the top 2000 and then the rest of the people who scored in the 90s would be called after and not receive the opa? And do you know what score number do they stop at? Because I know people who scored in the 70s are probably SOL I could be wrong though that's why im curious to know. Sorry to bother and thanks

2 minutes ago, Sank said:

How/ when will we know if we passed the OPA? If you know. 

How? They will contact you three ways. Email, mail and phone. When? I don’t know they just said some time next year. I’ve heard different times. January and I heard April/ may 

9 minutes ago, Schecter said:

So the opa is only given to the top 2000 and then the rest of the people who scored in the 90s would be called after and not receive the opa? And do you know what score number do they stop at? Because I know people who scored in the 70s are probably SOL I could be wrong though that's why im curious to know. Sorry to bother and thanks

Yes they said the Top 2000 scores of the exam are called in for the opa. If you didn’t receive an opa letter yet then you’re not apart of the Top 2000. I don’t know when anyone else will be called in for that phase. The list will be OFFICIALLY ESTABLISHED next year. That’s when all others will know where they stand.

9 minutes ago, 123melvin said:

I also heard it could take as long as May. Depending on when you took the test.  The supervisor told us atleast 24 months after you took the test. That is when the list could be published.

Yes every time I asked I got a different answer. I just hope it’s soon 

And the list will let the people who didn't receive the opa if they'll be hired or not or does the list have everyone who passed? I never dealt with a list for the mta I only dealt with the list for the NYPD and they send you a letter in the mail with your exam and list number.

22 minutes ago, Rahmel said:

Yes they said the Top 2000 scores of the exam are called in for the opa. If you didn’t receive an opa letter yet then you’re not apart of the Top 2000. I don’t know when anyone else will be called in for that phase. The list will be OFFICIALLY ESTABLISHED next year. That’s when all others will know where they stand.

8 minutes ago, Schecter said:

And the list will let the people who didn't receive the opa if they'll be hired or not or does the list have everyone who passed? I never dealt with a list for the mta I only dealt with the list for the NYPD and they send you a letter in the mail with your exam and list number.

Everyone who passed the exam will EVENTUALLY get a letter for the opa which is the 2nd phase of the exam. 

Just now, Rahmel said:

Everyone who passed the exam will EVENTUALLY get a letter for the opa which is the 2nd phase of the exam. 

Even the people who scored a 70 I can't see them hiring people who scored that low im not trying to sound pessimistic but this is all new to me lol