Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

8 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Even the people who scored a 70 I can't see them hiring people who scored that low im not trying to sound pessimistic but this is all new to me lol

It’s a possibility for those with 70s to be hired. The old list are still being hired with 70s. It took them about 8 years but they still being called in. So it’s still a possibility 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rahmel said:

It’s a possibility for those with 70s to be hired. The old list are still being hired with 70s. It took them about 8 years but they still being called in. So it’s still a possibility 

It will take long. Over 37,000 took the test. The OPA is new and will eliminate alot of people. It is pass or fail. If you dont pass that you are out.

15 minutes ago, Rahmel said:

My girlfriend took the train operator exam and got a 72 I guess she'll have a great time waiting 8 years she'll be 34 by the time she'll get called ouch

6 hours ago, Rahmel said:

That is incorrect. I have friends and family who retired and still working for transit. The conductors exam is 100 top score not 105. However they work they way down. I got a 98 and was called for opa two months ago. They told me that the Top 2000 scores will be called in for the opa then those who passed will be called for the medical and physical. 

You can get a score higher than 100 if you qualified to have the veteran and disabled during combat credits. 

4 minutes ago, Schecter said:

I also emailed the mta exams and they sent me this today:

"We have called the first 2,000 applicants to take the OPA.  You should be scheduled to take the OPA sometime in the first quarter of 2018."

And that's for me I got a 96%

As I stated before and the opa process is roughly a 6 month process according to them!!!

1 minute ago, Rahmel said:

As I stated before and the opa process is roughly a 6 month process according to them!!!

I thought the OPA was a one day thing I thought you just went in and either pass or fail I didn't know it takes 6 months for the OPA. Or maybe I'm interpreting what you said wrong which is probably the case lol

3 minutes ago, Schecter said:

I thought the OPA was a one day thing I thought you just went in and either pass or fail I didn't know it takes 6 months for the OPA. Or maybe I'm interpreting what you said wrong which is probably the case lol

Yea lol. It’ll take roughly 6 months for the overall process not the opa DATE ITSELF 

Questions concerning Active Duty Military, does anyone know if the MTA would be willing to work with me in regards to holding a position while I complete my contract?  I scored a 94% on this exam and have 3yrs left in the Army. As long as I show up for any other exams or interviews they need me to take am I good? Or will they just skip over me?

@Steelix500, you should be fine, as long as you're honorably discharged from the military before they finish hiring from this new list.

As previously discussed they haven't even started hiring from this new list; calling top scorers for the OPA is just a screening process, no one has been actually hired and put on the payroll from this exam yet.

I do believe they will skip over you if they're processing people at 94% in the next 3 years; that's not a bad thing, though, you can get your name restored to the list once you're discharged and then you'll have the highest seniority in your training class, which may be made up mostly of people who scored 92, 91, etc.

Transit usually expects immediate availability before scheduling you for schoolcar training - when you enter training is when you first get paid.

They'll likely ask you to stop in once you're honorably discharged - they'll definitely want to see that paperwork.

Plenty of workers down here are still active military.  You just need a bunch of forms to get leave for military deployment.  When you get called for pre-employment processing, I would suggest bringing the Enlistment Contract/Oath of Officers and informing them.  

On 12/11/2017 at 8:38 AM, MTAhopefullMatt said:

@Steelix500, and then you'll have the highest seniority in your training class, which may be made up mostly of people who scored 92, 91, etc.

When do you reckon they'll start calling people with scores in the range of 92, 91, in how many years do you figure?

@ren, that's like the million dollar question. 

So much depends on how the scores shake out - how many people actually score in the 90s, then how many don't pass OPA or drug screenings or have holds for medical or other reasons. And how fast they're hiring once the list comes out.

I'm thinking maybe 3 years from now.  We shall see...

UPDATE: I just called Mta customer service and they informed me that the last class has been closed out for January. We (6601) are looking at the middle of next year for Mta to send the drug test letters. I researched and found out that the old conductor 8094 list got extended and will close February 16 2018. 8094 has been out for almost 10 years smfh. My friend also called me and told me he got called for the drug testing and paperwork from the 8094 next week. 

Its not looking good for us 🤬🤬

@Rahmel, thanks for the update.

It's very frustrating how long this has taken.

The only positive seems to be that the 6601 list should issue and they should start processing people from 6601 by spring of next year, 2018.

I wonder what date will be the final school car class for 8094. and the first school car class for 6601.

I'm also wondering how fast they'll be hiring off 6601, and how many people they'll be processing per month.

24 minutes ago, MTAhopefullMatt said:

The only positive seems to be that the 6601 list should issue and they should start processing people from 6601 by spring of next year, 2018.

I wonder what date will be the final school car class for 8094. and the first school car class for 6601.

I'm also wondering how fast they'll be hiring off 6601, and how many people they'll be processing per month.

I guess it depends on how many of the 2000 people from 6601 passed the OPA.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2017 at 2:09 PM, MTAhopefullMatt said:

Dont worry I scored a 96 and I still haven't received my OPA letter yet I'm checking my mail box every day praying I get that letter lol