No Serivce East of Hicksville on the Ronkonkoma Branch

Pablo M 201

Service Alert

Thursday, September 18, 2008 4:10 PM

Ronkonkoma Branch Customers:

Service is suspended east of Hicksville on the Ronkonkoma Branch in both directions because of a train striking an unauthorized person on the tracks at Bethpage

Yikes, this is no good at this time of day.

Yepp:

Thursday, September 18, 2008 5:18 PM

Ronkonkoma Branch Customers:

Eastbound service east of Hicksville has been restored on the Ronkonkoma Branch with residual delays up to 40 minutes. Service was suspended earlier because of a train striking an unauthorized person on the tracks at Bethpage.

The train involved in the incident, the 3:11 PM from Ronkonkoma due in Penn Station at 4:34 PM, has been canceled.

Jesus when are they going to fix this stretch of rail & make it elevated. How many people have to die before it's fixed?:mad::):mad::D

My ex who lives in bethpage has brother who is a firefighter at the ladder there. He likely responded to this as its ~1600 feet from their door.

LIRR lines need to be elevated from hicksville east i think. You know when the gates are down the main thoroughfare in bethpage is cut off from emergency services. That reason alone should warrant a change.

- A

Jesus when are they going to fix this stretch of rail & make it elevated. How many people have to die before it's fixed?:mad::(:mad::(

My ex who lives in bethpage has brother who is a firefighter at the ladder there. He likely responded to this as its ~1600 feet from their door.

LIRR lines need to be elevated from hicksville east i think. You know when the gates are down the main thoroughfare in bethpage is cut off from emergency services. That reason alone should warrant a change.

- A

nobody cares about Firefighters (i know this, cuz i come from a long line of them), they tried putting a round a bout, which would have been about the same amount from the fire department where i live, and another one feet from that one. the only thing that stoped it was the large outcry from the fire department and ambulance people.

its the same way with Central Islip Fire department, but they have two Substations that could handle the slack. i'm guessing Bethpage doesn't have any substations?

nobody cares about Firefighters (i know this, cuz i come from a long line of them), they tried putting a round a bout, which would have been about the same amount from the fire department where i live, and another one feet from that one. the only thing that stoped it was the large outcry from the fire department and ambulance people.

its the same way with Central Islip Fire department, but they have two Substations that could handle the slack. i'm guessing Bethpage doesn't have any substations?

No. If a fire goes on north of the crossing you're gonna burn alive if the train is coming. If the train is outbound the crossing at broadway is also gated.

- A

No. If a fire goes on north of the crossing you're gonna burn alive if the train is coming. If the train is outbound the crossing at broadway is also gated.

- A

yeah, with no substation to the north then that would be a problem. but ppl won't burn alive unless the fire moves to fast, or if ppl are asleep, or if ppl get traped. other wise ppl in a burning house should make it out alive. but i haven't heard of a train holding up firefighters from getting to a fire yet, so the odds of that ever happening are like a million to one.

yeah, with no substation to the north then that would be a problem. but ppl won't burn alive unless the fire moves to fast, or if ppl are asleep, or if ppl get traped. other wise ppl in a burning house should make it out alive. but i haven't heard of a train holding up firefighters from getting to a fire yet, so the odds of that ever happening are like a million to one.

Yea, figure of speech though. I was at the station when they got a call once. I watched as an outbound train blocked them for 5 minutes. I think they could easily elevate this line.

- A

The mainline definitely has the highest number of tresspasser fatalities out of other lines in the system

B/c the Ronkonoma Line have mostly grade crossing and no one respect when the grade crossing down with the flashing red warning lights and bell noise, ppl think they are Superman trying to beat a train going 50-70 mph and they fail you get fatalities like this.

Yea, figure of speech though. I was at the station when they got a call once. I watched as an outbound train blocked them for 5 minutes. I think they could easily elevate this line.

- A

i've watched ppl not pull over on the road way for fire trucks or their chief, i was waiting for the S61 in Port Jefferson a few years ago, when Terryville's chief came flying down with his lights and serins one, and i was yelling at the cars that they should pull over. the prob is though that u can't elevate the whole main line cuz in some places it can't be done, and the main line has been that way for almost 100 years. but again nobody cares about the firefighters, no if the police were to complain, then i bet that something would prob be done about it.

i've watched ppl not pull over on the road way for fire trucks or their chief, i was waiting for the S61 in Port Jefferson a few years ago, when Terryville's chief came flying down with his lights and serins one, and i was yelling at the cars that they should pull over. the prob is though that u can't elevate the whole main line cuz in some places it can't be done, and the main line has been that way for almost 100 years. but again nobody cares about the firefighters, no if the police were to complain, then i bet that something would prob be done about it.

You could do it between hicksville & farmingdale.

- A

Jesus when are they going to fix this stretch of rail & make it elevated. How many people have to die before it's fixed?:mad::rolleyes::mad::P

Trying to make the line elevated ain't going to help. Best option is make a deep cut under the line now at the crossings, there, you send the road right under.

B/c the Ronkonoma Line have mostly grade crossing and no one respect when the grade crossing down with the flashing red warning lights and bell noise, ppl think they are Superman trying to beat a train going 50-70 mph and they fail you get fatalities like this.
TRUTH!

Archived