If you can please help Red Cross rebuilt damages left by hurricane Ike.

Coolbreezing

I received this e_mail from Red Cross because I donated $10.00 to the disaster relief fund. Give what you can. I give because I felt as though it is my civic duty as a citizen to help my patriot. It is not because I have but because there are those that are worse off than me. This is what patriotism is all about ......one hand washes the other.

http://american.redcross.org/site/PageServer?pagename=ntld_main&s_subsrc=RCO_DonateButton&s_src=F7ZWGR00

Dear Coolbreeze,

Hurricane Ike crashed into Gulf Shore communities then up through the Midwest — leveling neighborhoods, submerging homes, and leaving many families and individuals with nothing except what they brought with them to disaster shelters.

Red Cross staff are working endlessly to ensure shelter residents — including children and the elderly — are receiving the food, water, and comfort they need while dealing with the changes in their lives caused by Ike’s powerful forces.

There’s also an uplifting spirit of help and camaraderie among Red Cross staff and hurricane victims, like young Raymond McGee from a shelter in San Antonio, TX. Thirteen year-old Raymond turned from victim to helper… his spirit of lending a hand in the midst of his hardships is inspiring.

The reality is, the Red Cross is still on the ground helping Hurricane Gustav victims on a huge scale. We have served more than 2.8 million meals and snacks to those impacted by Gustav — while thousands of our workers are serving Ike victims too.

You were quick with providing compassion through your recent donation to help disaster victims. Would you help in spreading the word about disaster relief needs to your friends and family?

I got nothing by empathy & sympathy for those affected, but i'm on welfare so i can't do nothin bout it but keep em in my thoughts. I also got my hands full delivering thanksgiving food in a few weeks to those less fortunate or unable to leave home etc. :(

- A

I got nothing by empathy & sympathy for those affected, but i'm on welfare so i can't do nothin bout it but keep em in my thoughts. I also got my hands full delivering thanksgiving food in a few weeks to those less fortunate or unable to leave home etc. :(

- A

Well, if you delivered food to those who are less fortunate it's just as good as giving to Red Cross. As long it's not for a pay check or future benefit. Any volunteer work that help people in the community defines patriotism. You do it because it makes you feel good while unconsciously channeling positive energies. You're a reflection of what you project, what we see from the other side will depends on the brightness of your reflection.

Archived