NYCT Bus orders through 2019

East New York

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly can't wait until the XN40s come to Manhattan. I'm starting to get sick of these Orions, and the fact that the pilot/lead buses will be here soon makes me excited. Any word on when it'll be here and what the number sequence will be?

XN40s won't be coming to Manhattan. Brooklyn and The Bronx only. There's no CNG Depot in Manhattan.

I honestly can't wait until the XN40s come to Manhattan. I'm starting to get sick of these Orions, and the fact that the pilot/lead buses will be here soon makes me excited. Any word on when it'll be here and what the number sequence will be?

The contract has not even been signed yet, sit down

XN40s won't be coming to Manhattan. Brooklyn and The Bronx only. There's no CNG Depot in Manhattan.

That stinks. I was hoping to see some more Xcelsiors in Manhattan, but I guess I'll have to just be pleased with them on the Q32 and the seldom XD60 appearances on the M100.

The contract has not even been signed yet, sit down

Damn. Oh well. 

I feel you. It's sad that the MTA got rid of that route and the buses that ran on it.

It was an oddball fleet of 3 buses. Buses couldn't really fit in any other garage without some sort of problems, plus they were of retirement age anyway.

Gleason is prepping for Artics.... New orders for buses will be updated in the fleet and depots thread over the next few days. It is unconfirmed where all the CNG Artics will be going other than Gleason. Rumor has it College Point may get in on the action.

Last I heard Gleason depot itself isnt even artic equipped nor has room for artics.

Gleason is prepping for Artics.... New orders for buses will be updated in the fleet and depots thread over the next few days. It is unconfirmed where all the CNG Artics will be going other than Gleason. Rumor has it College Point may get in on the action.

I'm all for CP getting CNG artics, however there are a couple of routes where i see some issues.

West Farms will probably get some.

YEESSSS! :rock: 

Any word ENY ,on routes they are considering using them?

I can see CP getting CNG artics because the MTA is getting so many CNG buses both standard and articulated.

It's been a long time coming for JG getting artics and they are really needed.

CP needs to displace some C40s to NYCT if they were to get them. Coincidentally, some MTA bus units have MTA New York City Bus instead of MTA Bus when they got their repaint done. Could be a sign of them moving, but wouldn't count on it since I think one of the 3700 VIIs had that repaint too.

Archived