NYCT Bus orders through 2019

East New York

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL... It's true... And then they're short of 40 footers... Happens every year...  :lol:

yea put artics on all the route. Soon as a couple inches of snow falls the entire line is shut down.

if it snows on a weekend and they're short on buses CP would probably be the first depot in queens to Express buses on local routes 

can't wait till winter and the MTA regrets the XD40's at least those rusty Orion V's could easily go through those 

if it snows on a weekend and they're short on buses CP would probably be the first depot in queens to Express buses on local routes 

can't wait till winter and the MTA regrets the XD40's at least those rusty Orion V's could easily go through those 

lol... Well those rusty Orion Vs will soon be bye bye... Casey Stengel only has a few left.  Waiting for Staten Island to finally start ditching there's along with Kingsbridge.  

lol... Well those rusty Orion Vs will soon be bye bye... Casey Stengel only has a few left. Waiting for Staten Island to finally start ditching there's along with Kingsbridge.

Well is Staten island even getting any more novas or is their allotment done? The few 6000s that are left run pretty well from a BO view. But I know their running condition doesn't matter when the frames are rotting away

Well is Staten island even getting any more novas or is their allotment done? The few 6000s that are left run pretty well from a BO view. But I know their running condition doesn't matter when the frames are rotting away

Each depot was said to get 66 buses(subject to change), the allotment they recently received is not done yet.

What they've been doing with this delivery is that they sent small amounts of buses to the depots getting them so they can train the operators and get them on the road.

It's like the XD40 order. Each depot gets a small portion of their buses, then as soon as every depot gets their "part" of the order, the other part will be delivered to the depots that need them.

Each SI depot will receive about 65-67 NOVA LFS buses.

CP needs to displace some C40s to NYCT if they were to get them. Coincidentally, some MTA bus units have MTA New York City Bus instead of MTA Bus when they got their repaint done. Could be a sign of them moving, but wouldn't count on it since I think one of the 3700 VIIs had that repaint too.

It'll probably all be NYCT by the time the CNG Artics arrive in Full Force. Even today ... whether MTA Bus or NYCT its doesn't even matter from a Public Branding standpoint .... The Depots both NYCT and MTAB don't even bother anymore with relabeling buses moved between divisions....

Only depot that still does it I think is ECH . But at least ECH bothers makes the labeling look clean, you can't even see the outline of the old "New York City Bus" anywhere on the '99 Novas.  

It'll probably all be NYCT by the time the CNG Artics arrive in Full Force. Even today ... whether MTA Bus or NYCT its doesn't even matter from a Public Branding standpoint .... The Depots both NYCT and MTAB don't even bother anymore with relabeling buses moved between divisions....

Only depot that still does it I think is ECH . But at least ECH bothers makes the labeling look clean, you can't even see the outline of the old "New York City Bus" anywhere on the '99 Novas.  

ECH does everything by the book. Those express bus drivers are like robots.  I've used the BxM8 and BxM10, and for the most part they're all the same.  I only had one jerk on the BxM10 that stopped wayyy short of where the actual bus stop was, but he seemed preoccupied with skirt instead of paying attention to those of us that he was picking up.  I did however see a BxM7 passenger at 86th and 3rd become irate when the driver didn't pull all the way up to the curb.  Was an older elderly lady... I said my God, this lady is far worse than any old cranky person that takes the Riverdale express buses.  :lol: I imagine those folks in Co-Op City complain like no tomorrow.

ECH does everything by the book. Those express bus drivers are like robots.  I've used the BxM8 and BxM10, and for the most part they're all the same.  I only had one jerk on the BxM10 that stopped wayyy short of where the actual bus stop was, but he seemed preoccupied with skirt instead of paying attention to those of us that he was picking up.  I did however see a BxM7 passenger at 86th and 3rd become irate when the driver didn't pull all the way up to the curb.  Was an older elderly lady... I said my God, this lady is far worse than any old cranky person that takes the Riverdale express buses.  :lol: I imagine those folks in Co-Op City complain like no tomorrow.

I know, I like ECH too, which is why I hope when NYCT has control of everything, they shift some Local routes to ECH rather than take the Bx23 and Q50 away .... 

Each depot was said to get 66 buses(subject to change), the allotment they recently received is not done yet.

What they've been doing with this delivery is that they sent small amounts of buses to the depots getting them so they can train the operators and get them on the road.

except Jamaica they're getting over 100 i believe 

CP needs to displace some C40s to NYCT if they were to get them. Coincidentally, some MTA bus units have MTA New York City Bus instead of MTA Bus when they got their repaint done. Could be a sign of them moving, but wouldn't count on it since I think one of the 3700 VIIs had that repaint too.

Yes 216 has New York City Bus on it. I wouldn't be surprised if WF got 185-229 because if I remember correctly they were suppose to go to WF in the first place.

Thanks for the above post. I was waiting for the agenda to update. This should answer many of the questions you have about bus procurement for the information I previously posted.

There may also be a split on the CNG orders for 40 and 60 foot buses as well. This procurement will be fully funded by the MTA, so again, they may do whatever. 

My mention of CNG artics to Gleason, more hybrids on the horizon, and New Flyer wanting MCI over a year ago we can now confirm. However, MTA could elect for more diesels and delay a CNG artic order based on the new diesel order, and the yet to be awarded 40 foot order.

I also forgot to mention last week that due date for all bids from prospective manufactures for the CNG's has changed 2 times. This was automatically an indicator to me that Nova will 9 times out of 10 get in on this now is a split similar to the new artic order. 

image1.jpg

artic order its out. As per the board meeting earlier, the 231 bus order will be 139 XD60s and 92 LFSAs. Option order for up to an additional 300 is TBD

Each XD60 will cost $783,200 (I think they lowballed again)

Each LFSA will cost $795,944

Specs for each unit is TBD

Thanks for the above post. I was waiting for the agenda to update. This should answer many of the questions you have about bus procurement for the information I previously posted.

There may also be a split on the CNG orders for 40 and 60 foot buses as well. This procurement will be fully funded by the MTA, so again, they may do whatever. 

My mention of CNG artics to Gleason, more hybrids on the horizon, and New Flyer wanting MCI over a year ago we can now confirm. However, MTA could elect for more diesels and delay a CNG artic order based on the new diesel order, and the yet to be awarded 40 foot order.

I also forgot to mention last week that due date for all bids from prospective manufactures for the CNG's has changed 2 times. This was automatically an indicator to me that Nova will 9 times out of 10 get in on this now is a split similar to the new artic order. 

image1.jpg

So you are saying there maybe 50% chance, we might have LFS CNGs in the future.Dam I was hoping the TA would've stayed clear of Nova when it came to the CNG fleet. Its times like this I hope Nova decides to change that nasty looking front end cap. Bad enough i was counting down the days ENY would get rid of their Diesels, Now Gleason might have them too. Great!!!

artic order its out. As per the board meeting earlier, the 231 bus order will be 139 XD60s and 92 LFSAs. Option order for up to an additional 300 is TBD

Could you elaborate on this...

I was thinking because NFI has more than one manufacturing plant in the U.S. They could bid at that price. 

But on the flip side its seems as if they are doing so because they are threaten by Nova success in America.

Just wanted to here your POV on the matter.

So to be clear, it's gonna be 231 (92+139) buses, with options for 300 more, and we are getting 110 CNGS and 190 diesel artics?

So to be clear, it's gonna be 231 (92+139) buses, with options for 300 more, and we are getting 110 CNGS and 190 diesel artics?

East New York will clear this up eventually and they updated the list.

http://web.mta.info/capital/pdf/Board_2015-2019_Capital_Program.pdf#page=213

Btw it creates more questions than answers.

Has there been any word on what routes in Gleason may get them?

New Flyer may just have to lowball an order like MTA's since they've been losing orders to Nova, like Chicago's 300-some.

I've always questioned the LFS/A service life.  New Flyers are pretty tough buses, similar to the old RTSes, and in fact Chicago is overhauling their whole NFI fleet with around 10 years on them to keep them in service until the Novas get rolled in.  And if they do it right, they should get another 5 years work out of them.

Volvo must be alright with them, though.  Always thought they'd drop those and bring the "global" Volvo buses stateside.

Archived